Search
Like Tree6Likes

Fantom Racing...High Performance R/C Motors and Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Tossing up between the new v2 FR-1 Fantom, R1 Wurks and then new Motiv m code motors ,will eventually be racing in 21.5t Blinky TC on an outdoor track. Most guys have their cars geared around 3.1 to 3.2. If anyone has experience with any of the other motors for comparison that could lend me some help that would be awesome!
Cheers
Old 04-29-2017, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm running a fantom 17.5 Turn v2T FR-1 Team Works Motor, on a 1/10th 2wd Buggy - STD to Long Track, High Traction, and my local track has a public tuner that some people use I've been told that reedy's run best at 6 amps so I but mine there for now, but I know that Fantom and ready are way different so how many amps should I put into my 17.5 Turn v2R / v2T FR-1 Team Works Motor?
Old 02-12-2018, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by codslayer
Hey guys,
Tossing up between the new v2 FR-1 Fantom, R1 Wurks and then new Motiv m code motors ,will eventually be racing in 21.5t Blinky TC on an outdoor track. Most guys have their cars geared around 3.1 to 3.2. If anyone has experience with any of the other motors for comparison that could lend me some help that would be awesome!
Cheers
Get a works I got a V2 a couple months ago spent around $150 on it and it's a dog. It's at the bottom of my pit bag. That's the last stock motor I'd ever get from them again.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

JAG- I can surely tell you that is not the case with the V3 latest versions. Lots of variables in how to set up and gearing as I am sure you are well aware of being on this forum for 10 years. My V3 motors are solid. I ordered the base models 17.5 and 13.5 and I am very impressed.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dan-o
JAG- I can surely tell you that is not the case with the V3 latest versions. Lots of variables in how to set up and gearing as I am sure you are well aware of being on this forum for 10 years. My V3 motors are solid. I ordered the base models 17.5 and 13.5 and I am very impressed.
That's fine I'm talking about the V2. I tried all types of gearing timing everything the motor is just junk.The guy asked about a V2. I tried a regular V3 a friend of mine had a couple weeks ago the the $99 one. I won't be buying one of those anytime soon.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

interesting my old V2 is still quite a beast, did you put it on a Motolyzer and Motor Analyzer to check things out? did you verify your roll out was right? check your sensor, phase angles , deviation etc? You should probably do that first before speaking negatively about the product. Every motor needs tuning and the right gearing to work right, it's not going to be magical right out of the box.
dan-o likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
interesting my old V2 is still quite a beast, did you put it on a Motolyzer and Motor Analyzer to check things out? did you verify your roll out was right? check your sensor, phase angles , deviation etc? You should probably do that first before speaking negatively about the product. Every motor needs tuning and the right gearing to work right, it's not going to be magical right out of the box.

Its been on an analyzer right after gearing didn't work. Motor is just junk it has nothing for RPM. And I think the timing was all over the place for the ABC I Can't remember it's been a few months since I put if away. So I can speak what I want about it.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

LOL the motor is junk but you can't remember what's wrong with it..

How many rpm was it off?
regarding timing
maybe it was a simple sensor board issue, in that case you could have called Troy and he would have given you a new one, did you check the phase angles? again what were the numbers?

They are pretty good with customer service. Jeff is very responsive on FB so if you have a problem I'm sure he would have went out of his way to make it right. Seems like you made no effort at all pal.

if I dropped some coin on the motor and it didn't work right I'd be calling them.
dan-o likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
LOL the motor is junk but you can't remember what's wrong with it..

How many rpm was it off?
regarding timing
maybe it was a simple sensor board issue, in that case you could have called Troy and he would have given you a new one, did you check the phase angles? again what were the numbers?

They are pretty good with customer service. Jeff is very responsive on FB so if you have a problem I'm sure he would have went out of his way to make it right. Seems like you made no effort at all pal.

if I dropped some coin on the motor and it didn't work right I'd be calling them.
I know what's wrong with it it's was no good. There was at least 5 degrees timing difference between ABC. And the RPMs and KV were lower then my old Tekin. As far as effort i spent 150 on junk Pal lol. I'd just assume not deal with them anymore.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

I've been with Fantom Racing for 16 years and they have the best customer service of all the major players in the rc game.

I totally back up with what Jeff has said about the motors and the advice he has given you.

Currently the new V3R is the king of outright speed and performance in 2wd buggy or the V3T is the best for 4wd and ST.

My V2T is incredibly quick and was the quickest at last years Australian Nationals where it TQed in 2wd and 4wd.

Not a good idea to bag out companies on here as most are watching these posts and you may not get the support if you bag out everyone of them.
dan-o, JEFFs SC10 and kaistas like this.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

What part of I don't want their support is it you don't understand? Someone asked what motor between 2 motors one being a V2. I just happened to get one that was a dog do I told him. Conversation over no biggie. I don't care if they see it or not. Funny every time someone has something negative to say about something they bought everyone starts crying about it. One hood thing is I have something to run in my Blackfoot when I put it together.

Last edited by jag5508; 02-14-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stonzy
I've been with Fantom Racing for 16 years and they have the best customer service of all the major players in the rc game.

I totally back up with what Jeff has said about the motors and the advice he has given you.

Currently the new V3R is the king of outright speed and performance in 2wd buggy or the V3T is the best for 4wd and ST.

My V2T is incredibly quick and was the quickest at last years Australian Nationals where it TQed in 2wd and 4wd.

Not a good idea to bag out companies on here as most are watching these posts and you may not get the support if you bag out everyone of them.
Agree. A few of the guys at my local track are running V3R's, and their cars are pretty impressive.

Have you heard any timeframe on Fantom releasing their ESC?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have been running fantom motors and batteries for this season. I have the v3r 17.5 in both tc and 1/12. I have the top of the line team works plus in both cars. In my tc, it is great, timing set at 49 with a 5.0fdr on a small track. It is faster than I can drive it. But in 1/12, I am not as impressed. I lack power everywhere on the track. According to a motolyser, my timing deviation was 4, and the rotor is off by 2-3. I can tell you that I have to drive a super clean and tight line to be a couple tenths off of what the fast guys put down with baubles. I have thought about switching the motors between my tc and 1/12, but I don't want to jinx the motor in the tc.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

probably your roll out trilerian. dont touch anything anything on the motor just work with that until you pick up speed then go back to the motor
Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last Club race I attended, I geared the V3R 17.5 Pro Spec Team Works Plus in my 12th scale for consistency. Won the A-main! Its nice knowing I have so much more power on tap if I need it. I can't remember the last time I was this geeked over one of my motors.
Other than the stickers on my car, I'm deliberately nonchalant about its performance....I don't want too many others to get in on the fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.