Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
what you cannot see is the lack of side springs ,

this car was driven by Andy moore and he won A final2

this car is COOOOOL and i think it may bring me back to 1/12th
Sorry but Andy was driving the old car...That picture is not of Andy's car.

Marc and Elliot were running the "new" car with the magnetic side dampening and the narrow chassis. This picture is of Elliots car.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

what you cannot see is the lack of side springs ,

this car was driven by Andy moore and he won A final2

this car is COOOOOL and i think it may bring me back to 1/12th
If you read the race reports on red rc the new cars seem to tweek easily ,thats why Mark and Eliot where having issues. They where still fast though.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default the very narrow prototype car

in Red RC's photo gallery from the worlds, there are some pictures of the narrow CRC prototype car with magnets in place of the side springs. Interesting. But, if you look close at all the photos posted, there are other pics of the prototype car with normal looking white side springs fitted. Don't know which method the guys ended up using in their skinny prototypes. Usually CRC posts a detailed race report on their website soon after major races. Since the team did so well at the recent worlds with 4 CRC's in the feature race, it's a sure bet that the full race report will be forthcoming soon on the site, probably with detailed photos and driver setups, etc.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

magnets?! how do they work
edit- not totally safe for work
Old 07-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Lord

I believe the magnet side spring car was the Japanese driver that was running it, can't remember his name. The others were using normal springs. Could be wrong though, I wasn't there.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
If you read the race reports on red rc the new cars seem to tweek easily ,thats why Mark and Eliot where having issues. They where still fast though.
That makes sense, as with the pivot points closer together it would take a smaller force to mis-align them...
Old 07-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Lord

I wonder if it has to do with the pod. It's hard to tell from the pics but it doesn't look like it's serrated like the Tamale pod. If it's just a sliding clamp joint kind of thing, I could see a good hit moving one side.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
A few people were running the servo that way at last year's IIC on the current chassis...seemed to work fine then. The servo used is much smaller and lighter than what most people currently use in 1/12th.
We were running servos forward on our WGT cars for sure.

One other configuration for the Xi 1/12th is to have the battery forward and the electronics in the rear like our WGT cars. Eliminates all those long wires going to the front of the Xi. Simple.

Bill
Old 07-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there wasn't enough time to test the prototype with the side magnets and marc was happy with the new chassis with the side springs

from what i was seeing Andys car wasnt the GenXi but i maybe mistaken !!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

there wasn't enough time to test the prototype with the side magnets and marc was happy with the new chassis with the side springs

from what i was seeing Andys car wasnt the GenXi but i maybe mistaken !!!!
Read the race reports on redrc they tell all.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Read the race reports on redrc they tell all.
did do , but better then that i was in the middle of it all
Old 08-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Better then that I pitted next to Andy moore and watched him change back to the xi after the open practice runs for the qualifiers. And looked at his car setup. Wish I would of wrote some of it down.

Took a picture
http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...lbum=68&pos=82
Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all ....

I'm busy converting my XL to the Xi. With the upgrade kit I bought the Shorty conversion. I'm through all 42 pages of this thread I my question could not be answered, so here it is.

Anybody running their cars with the "shorty bridge" installed but the battery in the traditional configuration? By the looks of it you will loose the ability to the battery forward if you do - any other disatvantages?

Did anybody tried to run the shorty pack with a mod motor? Here is South Africa we only run mod in 12th scale. Some guys going to 10.5 boosted but that is the highest. I run 4.5 turn - will the shorty pack make the 8 minutes?

Running a normal 1s pack down the centre - is it a huge advantage? The reason why I'm asking is now you have to let your electronics hang of the side. I also saw in one of the pictures that Andy Moore was running his Xi with the "old" battery configuration.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Master

I made a chassis of my own based around the Gen XL a little while ago. I am not using it (due to sponsorship comitments) but a mate of mine is. I think he has it running well actually, so will ask him how he has it set up next time I see him.

Here's a pic:

Cheers.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FaanP
Hi all ....

I'm busy converting my XL to the Xi. With the upgrade kit I bought the Shorty conversion. I'm through all 42 pages of this thread I my question could not be answered, so here it is.

Anybody running their cars with the "shorty bridge" installed but the battery in the traditional configuration? By the looks of it you will loose the ability to the battery forward if you do - any other disatvantages?

Did anybody tried to run the shorty pack with a mod motor? Here is South Africa we only run mod in 12th scale. Some guys going to 10.5 boosted but that is the highest. I run 4.5 turn - will the shorty pack make the 8 minutes?

Running a normal 1s pack down the centre - is it a huge advantage? The reason why I'm asking is now you have to let your electronics hang of the side. I also saw in one of the pictures that Andy Moore was running his Xi with the "old" battery configuration.
In my experience the limit of turns for the Shorty pack is 13.5 Blinky
For 17.5 it is perfectl

You may "Run" 8 mins without dumping on 10.5, but the 6500+ lipos will finish much stronger

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.