Wiki Posts
Search

Team Much-More cell master v1

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: llo and cycling

Originally posted by Raul Garcia
Well, I finally got the llo function to work. After the charging starts, then you hold the button until tone is heard, then a double display in the temp field is obvious...

Also cycling my packs yesterday, I could not disciefer/??/ what the instructions had veruss my dispal. SO here is what I had.

4038 9.132
3994 9.132

3795 A5.368
10a 044m ohm
3795 7.469
.1v 044m ohm

Can someone help me translate. The manual says IR? I dont see IR's, but there is a ohmic value?? 7.469 I think is the average voltage per pack correct. and the 3795 is the time it discharged. Are these numbers good? Here is a second pack.

3381 9.123
3335 9.123

3901 7.431
.1v 045m ohm
3901 5.48
10a 045m ohm

If this is true then I have a 1.24volt per cell on the first. and a 1.23volt per cell on the second, this is only a average not actual correct? By the way I am loving this charger.
I have one last grip, my charger false peaks when I use my tire machine to true my tires, I probably need a second power source, but I have other chargers that dont. Is there a way to desenseatize the charger or this the way it is.
Thanks all...
MuchMore CM Charger need bigger power supply then other chargers, also tire truers draw's quite a bit of amp maybe it's the reason why it's giving you the error message. also we do not recommend using Motor master motor checker while charging the battery with CellMaster.

Cycle or discharge function in CM is not giving you Actual IR. there are many diffrent way to detect Internal Resistence. you can use the IR that shows in CM for refrence. try comparing old battery and good battery it will show the diffrence.

Last time i try my new battery and cycled it. it showed me 046. so the number you are getting is pretty good. I tested my old one, it was like 075.

James Kim
Old 03-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

James, can you give me any reply/help on the message i post above?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Re: Re: llo and cycling

Originally posted by TeamMuchMore
MuchMore CM Charger need bigger power supply then other chargers, also tire truers draw's quite a bit of amp maybe it's the reason why it's giving you the error message. also we do not recommend using Motor master motor checker while charging the battery with CellMaster.

Cycle or discharge function in CM is not giving you Actual IR. there are many diffrent way to detect Internal Resistence. you can use the IR that shows in CM for refrence. try comparing old battery and good battery it will show the diffrence.

Last time i try my new battery and cycled it. it showed me 046. so the number you are getting is pretty good. I tested my old one, it was like 075.

James Kim
Thanks for the reply, but I am still confused. The smaller the number gets for the ohmic value, the better the pack? If this is true than what is a ultimatley best #, then what is realistic?
Old 03-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: llo and cycling

Thanks for the reply, but I am still confused. The smaller the number gets for the ohmic value, the better the pack? If this is true than what is a ultimatley best #, then what is realistic?
This part I will get Ryan to answer this. or i ask him tonight.
lower the value better the batteries are.

the number that brand new fresh pack gives the close to the best number which was around 04X for me.

I am using it as a refrence for now until i figure something out more.

I wish i couldn't give you better answer but i can't.

thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I finally got the llo function to work. After the charging starts, then you hold the button until tone is heard, then a double display in the temp field is obvious...

Also cycling my packs yesterday, I could not disciefer/??/ what the instructions had veruss my dispal. SO here is what I had.

4038 9.132
3994 9.132

3795 A5.368
10a 044m ohm
3795 7.469
.1v 044m ohm

Can someone help me translate. The manual says IR? I dont see IR's, but there is a ohmic value?? 7.469 I think is the average voltage per pack correct. and the 3795 is the time it discharged. Are these numbers good? Here is a second pack.

3381 9.123
3335 9.123

3901 7.431
.1v 045m ohm
3901 5.48
10a 045m ohm

If this is true then I have a 1.24volt per cell on the first. and a 1.23volt per cell on the second, this is only a average not actual correct? By the way I am loving this charger.
I have one last grip, my charger false peaks when I use my tire machine to true my tires, I probably need a second power source, but I have other chargers that dont. Is there a way to desenseatize the charger or this the way it is.
Thanks all...
Raul: are you deadshorting your packs? I noticed on my Frontline2 charger, my packs that are deadshorted the ohms are somewhere in the 40ish. After deadshorting my pack, the resistant dropped down into the low 30s. I dont' know if we can make any correlation between the chargers. I just use it as a reference between my packs.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

4038 9.132
3994 9.132

4038 is charged capacity
9.132 is peak volatage
3994 is charged capacity until peak voltage.

4038mAh-3994mAh= 44mAh(charged capacity after delta peak)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3795 A5.368
10a 044m ohm
3795 7.469
.1v 044m ohm

3795 is discharged capacity
5.368 is Average Volatge
Discharged at 10A rate
7.469 is current voltage
second 3795 means discharged capacity until @1V(6cell = 6.0V)
44m ohm is Internal Resistance
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not connect CM to same power supply with Tire truer.
Tire truer consumes 30~50A when it starts. It may cause Peak Cut or Supply Error.

Ryan

4038 9.132
3994 9.132

3795 A5.368
10a 044m ohm
3795 7.469
.1v 044m ohm

3381 9.123
3335 9.123

3901 7.431
.1v 045m ohm
3901 5.48
10a 045m ohm

Thank you!

Thanks all...
Old 03-07-2005, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: llo and cycling

Front liner's value and CM's can not be compared each other because their references are different.

Shown value on LCD display like voltage, charging ampere, even elapsed time could be different.

All Cell master charger having calibration procedure as belows.

Power supply voltage
Battery voltage
Charge Ampere
Discharge Ampere
Temperature

We calibrate all chargers with Metex voltmeter (we believe it is very accurate than any others.)

Ryan

Originally posted by Proteus
Raul: are you deadshorting your packs? I noticed on my Frontline2 charger, my packs that are deadshorted the ohms are somewhere in the 40ish. After deadshorting my pack, the resistant dropped down into the low 30s. I dont' know if we can make any correlation between the chargers. I just use it as a reference between my packs.

Last edited by Ryan Lee; 03-07-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: llo and cycling

If IR value is low that means your battery pack has punch.

I think if IR is 04X, it is almost new battery.

If you want to compare IR of two packs, you should charge, discharge your packs with same way.(ex. 5A charge, 10A discharge)

I think IR is much reliable data (to determine your battery punch) rather than average volt.

Ryan
Old 03-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default HOT message

Sorry to hear that CM burned your battery pack!

If your CM has showed HOT message during discharging, that was charge mode.

CM does not care of temperature during discharge.

For your information,
Even though you dont' set up temp cut off, HOT message will be shown after 55deg. then charge will be terminated at 65 deg. by force.
I think it was CTX charge mode.

I guess your pack was burnt before temperature reach to 65deg.
Please set 3~5deg. lower than side by side type battery, if you use pack type battery.
(Pack type battery gets hot easily when it charged cuz it has bigger resistance and shield by heat shirink film)
40~45deg will work fine in most of case.

Thank you,

Ryan

Originally posted by yellow15
two of my battery were killed within last two days by my Cellmaster .. they both melt and one even exploded

this is one of my dead battery.

i noticed the problem was.. the discharge function was CHARGING my battery instead of discharging..
so my 10A discharge setting actually was charging my battery at 10A and there was no temperature cut off and of course my "cut-off" frequency of 5.4V will never work as the voltage keep increasing... the display did give the warning "HOT" thou but it didn't stop the "discharge".. so what can i do? since there is no local Team much more dealer in New Zealand here..
my cell master was bought from Hong Kong... is there somewhere i can send it back to get it fixed?

Last edited by Ryan Lee; 03-08-2005 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: HOT message

Originally posted by Ryan Lee
Sorry to hear that CM burned your battery pack!

If your CM has showed HOT message during discharging, that was charge mode.

CM does not care of temperature during discharge.

For your information,
Even though you dont' set up temp cut off, HOT message will be shown after 55deg. then charge will be terminated at 65 deg. by force.
I think it was CTX charge mode.

I guess your pack was burnt before temperature reach to 65deg.
Please set 3~5deg. lower than side by side type battery, if you use pack type battery.
(Pack type battery gets hot easily when it charged cuz it has bigger resistance and shield by heat shirink film)
40~45deg will work fine in most of case.

Thank you,

Ryan

Hey Ryan, thanks for your reply. But i wonder why my cellmaster is in CHARGE mode when i press the discharge function?? I've tried it many times and reset/reconnect my charger a few times as well. but everytime when i try to DISCHARGE the battery, my cellmaster is actually charging it :/

my cellmaster is faulty?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: HOT message

Originally posted by yellow15
Hey Ryan, thanks for your reply. But i wonder why my cellmaster is in CHARGE mode when i press the discharge function?? I've tried it many times and reset/reconnect my charger a few times as well. but everytime when i try to DISCHARGE the battery, my cellmaster is actually charging it :/

my cellmaster is faulty?
Hi,

I have never seen that kind of trouble.
If so, please call for service where you bought it to.

Ryan
Old 03-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Good News!!!

TFB Raceway (Toys for Boys in Atlanta) will carry Team MuchMore racing products soon.
Please check http://www.tfbraceway.com for more info.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

no online shop seems to have this charger in stock ive e-mailed a few with no responses
Old 03-14-2005, 07:22 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by FW05R
no online shop seems to have this charger in stock ive e-mailed a few with no responses
I can sell mine for $$$...
Old 03-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TFR
I can sell mine for $$$...
lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.