Search
Like Tree94Likes

Classic 1/12th

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
A few years ago I tried a Nissan P35 back to back with a Speed12. I wasn't even funny, I didn't run the whole 8 minutes with the P35 and pulled out early.
The current bodies have a very different feel than older bodies thats for sure,but if you are running an older chassis the new bodies do not work very well. Older chassis need a softer feeling body,the chassis have a hard time keep up with what the body wants to do. Even the P35 makes my older chassis very twitchy.
Running older bodies on newer cars has a learning curve for set up,and of course driving skills play a big roll in it also.
When we run we use older bodies,the Nissan GTP is the newest body that we use.Also the cars are much slower than what 1/12th is now. It is very enjoyable and the racing is close.
I do have newer chassis cars but they are not as interesting as the older ones,to look at or to drive.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I don't know about the Protoform P35, but the Fast Fashion Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo body still works well for 17.5

This is a nice looking body,were there any other Fast Fashion bodies? And are the molds still around?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingman2
I have a couple of brand new Sarak Toj bodyshells that I was going to try out on my car this weekend. I'll let you know who it goes! Oh, and if anyone's intrested in trying one out for themselves, call Wim at Action Model Centre here in the UK, as he has a big stack of them in his van! Cheers, Chris.
Does he have any other bodies besides the TOJ,I have a ton of those but Im always on the look out of others.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
RedbullFiXX is Dave Berger, and those pictures were from last years Nats at Norcal I believe, and I was there to see it.

Steve
LOL Thanks corallyman.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Had to post a pic of my runner, it has since received a RC12LS Front end, and a Technacraft Rear Pod (still working on the Diffuser). Electrics are going to be all period correct Novak items and maybe a Novak servo too.

As far as vintage bodies you need to contact Gary McAllister he has a bunch of different bodies that he used to offer, and there are a few floating around in his warehouse.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-old-rc12l.jpg   Classic 1/12th-old-rc12l-rc12lc.jpg  
Old 05-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
Does he have any other bodies besides the TOJ,I have a ton of those but Im always on the look out of others.
I think he may of had a couple of old Bud's Jaguar b'shells (with the seperate wing) but not sure about anything else. I he maight be turning up at a meeting I am going to on Sunday so will ask then. Cheers.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

I used to love those Tekin speedo's, I thought they were ace! Did n't they play the music from close encounters when you switched them on??!
Old 05-06-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with you a 1000%, but have you tried to use one of the older bodies against newer bodies in a fast class. No contest, newer bodies will always win. I would love for the TOJ to be used again.

Steve
My club racer had toj body, maybe that was the reason the guy wanted to buy it lol, I guess I should have kept the car.

Nope, I'm not racing 1/12 pan anymore; actually I'm not racing any class these days. I agree, the current body offers better handling than older ones.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drbelleville
Had to post a pic of my runner, it has since received a RC12LS Front end, and a Technacraft Rear Pod (still working on the Diffuser). Electrics are going to be all period correct Novak items and maybe a Novak servo too.

As far as vintage bodies you need to contact Gary McAllister he has a bunch of different bodies that he used to offer, and there are a few floating around in his warehouse.
That ESC looks like a Tekin G10...
Old 05-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by drbelleville

I love the white nylon parts,and the fact that they can be died if you want to just makes it so much better.

Here are pictures of the 4 bodies that McAllister has,two of them are not on his website so I thought I would post them here. Some people mount them on 1/18th scale cars such as the Losi Slider/late model. Nice bodies with spacer under them for older style chassis layouts.
Attached Thumbnails Classic 1/12th-b97-chevy-intrepid-gtp-12.jpg   Classic 1/12th-b100-aston-martin-nimrod-12.jpg   Classic 1/12th-b103-rm-1-can-am-12.jpg   Classic 1/12th-b109-buick-hawk-march-85g-12.jpg  
Old 05-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingman2
I think he may of had a couple of old Bud's Jaguar b'shells (with the seperate wing) but not sure about anything else. I he maight be turning up at a meeting I am going to on Sunday so will ask then. Cheers.
Im interested in the Jaguar shell,even if its just a picture.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
This is a nice looking body,were there any other Fast Fashion bodies? And are the molds still around?
I do still have the Molds, and a few bodies leftover.
The Nissan was the only body I ever made, there was however an earlier version of it that ROAR did not approve.
That was back in the day when your body had to look like the real car, and the approval process was more rigorous.

RedbullFiXX is Dave Berger, and those pictures were from last years Nats at Norcal I believe, and I was there to see it.
Steve
That Norcal track Rocks !

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
LOL Thanks corallyman.
Yep
Busted
Honestly, I'm surprised people remember that Brand.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I do still have the Molds, and a few bodies leftover.

Yep
Busted
Honestly, I'm surprised people remember that Brand.
I remember it because I was there back then racing 1/10 pan with you at the Ranch. I also know the reason behind the Fast Fashion name because of your then partner's favorite pop group.

BTW, do you still have Fast Fashion stickers? I had them on the back window of my '88 Mazda GTX and I rolled it in '90. I would like to pick up a body to use on the BMI I'm working on. Do you ever get out to Charlie Barnes' races?

If there is ever a classic 1/12 class, I have a TRC Pro 12 to run but I would have to find two hole rims or go to the trouble of converting it to three hole. I still have 6 cell 1700 SCE saddle packs!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Champion

That Intrepid looks good.

I think I still have an old Ford Probe body laying around. I'll try to post a pic of it. I also have an old Parma BMW M1 body still NIP that I haven't gotten around to painting.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

Wow nice to see some old cars here. I guess it is bad when i used to race a few of these back in the 80's . Wow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.