Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

one way slipping? light strokes with fine emery paper lengthwise on the shaft works a treat.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
Does anyone know the weight of the solid front axle from Kyosho?

VZW220

http://www.rc-hk.com/catalogs/popup_...80ff348ce8bebc

Thanks!
on that particular solid axle the drive cups wear out way too quickly.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by twiggy
Thanks for that vital bit of info.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

How is the wear with he Kyosho front cups, using a solid..
Old 05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

one way slipping? light strokes with fine emery paper lengthwise on the shaft works a treat.

OMG ! He's back !
Old 05-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

On the cups you need to use the Evo Front Cvd's to minimize the wear if you are using the RRR Cvd's on the solid it will eat up the cups fast the Evo cvd's are light weight VZW219
The spool should be available in 2 weeks
Old 05-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi

I got a v-one rrr last xmas and just started driving it since it was too cold in winter over here. I am having problems with the clutch. The clutch engages only after half throttle. I tried loosening the spring from 1.2mm to .7mm and then to .5mm but it wont get better. I set the end play according to the manual 0.5mm so it shouldnt be a problem. Are you guys having this kind of problem too? Any help is appreciated!

Thank You
Old 05-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

tightening the Clutch tension nut over the spring will make the clutch engage later as the motor has to rev higher to engage the clutch.

if you loosen this nut then the clutch will engage earlier because the engine does not have to rev as higher.

also
if your clutch bell isnt shimmed out correctly this could be causing a problem
Old 05-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kmaheartless
Hi

I got a v-one rrr last xmas and just started driving it since it was too cold in winter over here. I am having problems with the clutch. The clutch engages only after half throttle. I tried loosening the spring from 1.2mm to .7mm and then to .5mm but it wont get better. I set the end play according to the manual 0.5mm so it shouldnt be a problem. Are you guys having this kind of problem too? Any help is appreciated!

Thank You
As mentioned by Grassy, it seems to me to be the shim between the bell and the shoe. You may want to double check everything from the flywheel space right up to the end play. I have seen persons install the flywheel incorrectly and it throw off everything. (wrong collet)

Although not shown in the RRR manual, you will more than likely need to shim between the inner bell bearing and the adjusting nut. Facing the engine shaft upright, you will want to spin the bell and add shims just before it starts to bind.

You will then assemble the rest of the clutch and also shim the front, for the correct end play. In the end, you should have minimal clearence at the front and rear of the bell with it spinning freely.

Hope this info gives you some help.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Hi

Thank You
What brand motor do you have installed
Old 05-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi

Thanks guys, I guess ill just keep loosening the clutch nut till I get this thing going

What brand motor do you have installed
I am using a O.S 12TZ (p)

Thanks
Old 05-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Hi

Thanks guys, I guess ill just keep loosening the clutch nut till I get this thing going

I am using a O.S 12TZ (p)

Thanks
I used to run the OS engines & most of the time the spring tension was set between .5 to .8
Old 05-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi

Thank You
Is your engine tune the problem??? might not be building RPM's quick enough to engage the clutch.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

quick question, can you use the new SP Sponge Packing fuel tank in the old style fuel tanks or do still have to use th92050-01 packing?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by V1-RRR-WC
As mentioned by Grassy, it seems to me to be the shim between the bell and the shoe.
Although not shown in the RRR manual, you will more than likely need to shim between the inner bell bearing and the adjusting nut. Facing the engine shaft upright, you will want to spin the bell and add shims just before it starts to bind.

You will then assemble the rest of the clutch and also shim the front, for the correct end play. In the end, you should have minimal clearence at the front and rear of the bell with it spinning freely.

Hope this info gives you some help.
i have done it according the method u mention , and work perfectly, i also have tried not shimming between the inner bell bearing and the adjusting nut, and it works fine too . ( i have chosen the 2nd method for most of my use)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.