Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nismo46
hi guys,

having a little problem with my clutch, when i build it up and set the gap on 0.7 the clutch is verry good and pretty agressive ( what i like ) buth after 5 minutes or some the clutch getts less agressive as in the beginning, does annybody know what the problem could be? changed my bearings already and the clutch shoe is still good ( original grey )
any one also having this problem? the nut to adjust the clutch stays on the same place...
Old 07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nismo46
hi guys,

having a little problem with my clutch, when i build it up and set the gap on 0.7 the clutch is verry good and pretty agressive ( what i like ) buth after 5 minutes or some the clutch getts less agressive as in the beginning, does annybody know what the problem could be? changed my bearings already and the clutch shoe is still good ( original grey )

Sorry but i dont understand your guestion....you said clutch feels good..but after 5 minutes clutch gets less aggressive like in the beginning....

Personally I have never tried that gap with my clutch....I usuall try betweeen 4 and 5.5 and about 1.2 preload on spring and usually feels good...try changing your clutch spring only thing i could think of maybe its not as hard as when it was new....

Hope this helps sorry you didnt get response sooner....

Robert Maestrey
Old 07-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

It sounds like the clutch is overheating slightly, try to back off the tension or decrease the gap to 0.5 or so. The setup i usually run is 0.6 mm clutch gap with the spring tightened about 1.3 mm, i have also lightened the flyweights by drilling the holes to 3.5 mm.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
where's Dom
What's up Franko? I was up in Seattle doing the NW Fuel Challenge over the weekend.

Kyosho dominated the event. I was able to TQ 4 out of 5 rounds, qualifying 2nd was fast Ken Chan from Canada also driving a RRR WCE, qualified 3rd was Mike Ellis in another WCE. Long story short... I put 3rd place 2 laps down in the 20 min mark and just about to lap 2nd place again when my rear belt let go with 8 mins to go. Driving a front drive car and spinning the front tires on a 1-way (with no brakes) wasn't fun, but with the big lead I'd built I salvaged the last spot on the podium. Mike drove an ultra smart and smooth race and came in 1st.

Congrats to Mike Ellis for the win!

Brian Bodine/Team Empire also TQ'ed and won the 1/8th class with a Kyosho Evolva.

As for my RRR WCE/EVO hybrid, I have good news. I'm at work now so I'll explain it later.

Dom
Old 07-31-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KyoshoKid
2 - The Spur Gear (Part# 150, Step 26) did fit nicely onto the 2 Speed Changer but I could not rotate it at all! (So down the track how am I suppose to change the 2 speed timing??) It would get caught on the 2 Speed Changer
The second gear housing can have flashing where the plastic meets the metal on the inside. You should use a file or dremel tool to smooth out the area. Filing down the two speed assembly will alter the operation of the unit. You may need to use a looser setting to get the same shift point as the stock setting.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:08 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
What's up Franko? I was up in Seattle doing the NW Fuel Challenge over the weekend.

Kyosho dominated the event. I was able to TQ 4 out of 5 rounds, qualifying 2nd was fast Ken Chan from Canada also driving a RRR WCE, qualified 3rd was Mike Ellis in another WCE. Long story short... I put 3rd place 2 laps down in the 20 min mark and just about to lap 2nd place again when my rear belt let go with 8 mins to go. Driving a front drive car and spinning the front tires on a 1-way (with no brakes) wasn't fun, but with the big lead I'd built I salvaged the last spot on the podium. Mike drove an ultra smart and smooth race and came in 1st.

Brian Bodine/Team Empire also TQ'ed and won the 1/8th class with a Kyosho Evolva.

As for my RRR WCE/EVO hybrid, I have good news. I'm at work now so I'll explain it later.

Dom
That's awesome

PS Did you read my question??
Old 08-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dom

Great Job guys Ill also be gone for a few days heading up to the Great Lakes Challenge and I hope I have a third of the success you had Dom.

Robert Maestrey
Old 08-01-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
That's awesome

PS Did you read my question??
Oops... Sorry Franko, just went back and read your question. @ TZ, you are on full throttle for about 70% of the time, fuel mileage would be a concern. I didn't know if Crosier couldn't make 5 mins, but he was having hell a lot of problem with the motor that day anyway. I ran my O.S TZ at the Fuel Challenge and I was making a 5 min run with no problem. I could probably go another lap and 1/2. How that translate to TZ? With the right gearing, I think I should have no problem making 5 min at TZ now. If you have problem running 5 min, you gonna have to lean it...will just have to keep an eye on the temp.

Dom
Old 08-01-2006, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
Great Job guys Ill also be gone for a few days heading up to the Great Lakes Challenge and I hope I have a third of the success you had Dom.

Robert Maestrey
You'll do good, Robert. Good luck at the Great Lakes Challenge as well!

Dom
Old 08-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default For sale kyosho RRR WC 2006

For Sale:Pre owned All was sold on August ! 2006
Kyosho rrr Wc 2006
Picco ofna motor with pipe
K factory rear bulkhead
K factory Racing Disc break pads
k factory front adjustable one way
K factory universal shaft
Titanium 2 speed shaft
Heavy duty rear shock tower
Futaba servo 9301
Hitec 595
Upgraded Break lever
Kawahara carbon rear brace
Kawahara adjustable sway bar
Battery pack
no receiver

Last edited by ShermanSim; 12-07-2006 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Sold!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Oops... Sorry Franko, just went back and read your question. @ TZ, you are on full throttle for about 70% of the time, fuel mileage would be a concern. I didn't know if Crosier couldn't make 5 mins, but he was having hell a lot of problem with the motor that day anyway. I ran my O.S TZ at the Fuel Challenge and I was making a 5 min run with no problem. I could probably go another lap and 1/2. How that translate to TZ? With the right gearing, I think I should have no problem making 5 min at TZ now. If you have problem running 5 min, you gonna have to lean it...will just have to keep an eye on the temp.

Dom

Thanks .....
Old 08-02-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

Witch " basic " setup can you used to drived on rubber tyres with the RRR ??

Thank you for your answers.

@++
Toinou
Old 08-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Light weight 2 speed shaft

Has anyone else been having a problem using it? This is a second one that more or less fused the one way collet onto it. I got this one off with alot of difficulty. The other shaft and collet are still together. This never happened to me all last year year while usling the stock shaft?
Old 08-02-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anybody have problems with the shock absorbers, for some reason the ones on my RRR leak a lot, have tried everything, changing the diaphragms for new ones didn't help, I even tried using teflon tape to get a better seal with minor improvements, basically after a couple of runs they start to leak from the top, any tips to fix this problem? I know i'm not the only one because in my local club there are 10 more drivers with the same car - same problem.

Any suggestion will be appreciated!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CHUCKMANDO
Has anyone else been having a problem using it? This is a second one that more or less fused the one way collet onto it. I got this one off with alot of difficulty. The other shaft and collet are still together. This never happened to me all last year year while usling the stock shaft?

Wich one way? the one on the first gear? Or the one on the front axis?

I know a couple of people that use a lot of thread lock on the screw that holds the transmition and in some cases they had problems later trying to take out the first gear housing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.