Community
Wiki Posts
Search

would you consider the best drivers in the world athletes

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Great topic. Just a thought I had after reading the thread, so be gentle. It's something I noticed on the track.

In my experience around the track, there are 3 types of drivers. On the one hand, you have the ex motocross racer. An MX rider is definitely an athlete, but an old MX rider is no longer an athlete. The point is most of the MX guys I race with are athletes at heart but just can't do it anymore and they found this in order to get that "competition fix" that we need. It's kind of like an old ball player that can't play anymore, so he coaches.

The other type of RC driver is the gear head. He is not an athlete and he just likes to tinker, run something that has a piston and a sleeve, goes "pop...pop...pop" and wants to win races.

The third is the video game kid that was never good at sports and found this as a way of getting out of the house. Not an insult

I guess there is really no point to be made with my statement other than I'm having a really good time because I've done the first 2 and this RC thing has become a unique hybrid for me. Met all types and I'm having a good time.

Last edited by dnebout; 04-21-2011 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dnebout
Great topic. Just I thought I had after reading the thread, so be gentle. It's something I noticed on the track.

In my experience around the track, there are 3 types of drivers. On the one hand, you have the ex motocross racer. An MX rider is definitely an athlete, but an old MX rider is no longer an athlete. The point is most of the MX guys I race with are athletes at heart but just can't do it anymore and they found this in order to get that "competition fix" that we need. It's kind of like an old ball player that can't play anymore, so he coaches.

The other type of RC driver is the gear head. He is not an athlete and he just likes to tinker, run something that has a piston and a sleeve, goes "pop...pop...pop" and wants to win races.

The third is the video game kid that was never good at sports and found this as a way of getting out of the house. Not an insult

I guess there is really no point to be made with my statement other than I'm having a really good time because I've done the first 2 and this RC thing has become a unique hybrid for me. Met all types and I'm having a good time.
I think you hit the nail on the head i am number 2 Old Drag Racer and Gear Head that Loves anything with a motor and likes any kind of racing.

And most of the guy i know will fit in one of the 3.