Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Ran the RSD Lightweight Suspension for the 6.2 yesterday. Broke two C-hubs that I think the stock parts would have survived. Put on the Tuning Haus aluminum C-hubs for the 6.2. Have to say that I'm disappointed with the (lack of) durability of the c-hubs included with the kit.
The spec-r c-hubs suck the graphite ones are little better but still break easy.

use these....
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...w.asp?p_id=585

and these....
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...w.asp?p_id=573

And a hard front bumper and just about never break again.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry for the late reply, we had a busy weekend at the shop.

I am sorry with your experience with the hubs. They are the graphite ones. You can send them back for inspection to see if we find any qc issues with them.

I know our hubs are not as strong as xray ones, but the durability I assure you is better than the AE ones. If you had really easy breakage, there is probably things you can do to lesser the impact on the front.

1. Do you have your front axles cut flush with some low profile aluminum nuts? The number one breaker of parts on board tracks is axles that stick out too far. These will snag on boards and snap parts off with ease. It is recommended that you always do this to the front and rear.

2. Use a wider front bumper. This won't help if you are side swiping things (which is typically what breaks c hubs and steering knuckles), but it does help protect in frontal collisions. Our wide bumper and bumper brace kit is a better alternative than the one in the kit.

The xray steering knuckles are great, however due to the position on the ball stud, you might have to play around with the steering bell cranks to get proper steering angles.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I instalked Tuning Haus c-hubs. They made it through the day. I'm still chasing more steering and keeping the front sway bar attached. I went back to the Associated upper-outer links, but the ball that attaches to the suspension arm keeps popping loose. It seems that the knuckle is hitting it hard enough to pop it loose when I tap a pipe. The RSD bumper is a good idea. I have one in my box, but hasn't installed it (DUH!).
Old 08-24-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

I got to race this weekend at RSD speedway. I happened to be in the area for business and brought my stuff so I could race. I don't regret it at all! It was a fantastic weekend.. The track is large enough to be fun, the people there are very friendly and Christian is a true class act. If you guys happen to be in the area on a race day, you should definitely try to show up... It's really worth it!

Martin Paradis
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

So I ordered some extra misc parts from the Lt Wt Arm kit for the 6.2. I noticed the new rod ends supplied that works with the roll bar are slightly different than the old set. I had to mill the face down a bit since they were really tight.

I don't know what size that ball stud is that comes molded right into the arm but they are a slightly larger size than a standard AE one. Somehow unbelievably in a crash one popped off and just to satisfy my compulsive behaviour I switched the 3 remaining old looking ones for the new rod ends that I had to mod slightly.

My question is this; If I did lose another and I wanted a homgenous looking car; can't I buy those rod ends used in an Xray roll bar system? I believe the size of your system and xray is similar. I believe rod end + ball stud + rod end (on the bar iteself) is around 26mm. I believe the part number is #302663

What have people done in the past; the reason I bought some more parts is so If I did lose one I am still in the race. But now the rod ends are now different; so much for that plan.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irvinew
So I ordered some extra misc parts from the Lt Wt Arm kit for the 6.2. I noticed the new rod ends supplied that works with the roll bar are slightly different than the old set. I had to mill the face down a bit since they were really tight.

I don't know what size that ball stud is that comes molded right into the arm but they are a slightly larger size than a standard AE one. Somehow unbelievably in a crash one popped off and just to satisfy my compulsive behaviour I switched the 3 remaining old looking ones for the new rod ends that I had to mod slightly.

My question is this; If I did lose another and I wanted a homgenous looking car; can't I buy those rod ends used in an Xray roll bar system? I believe the size of your system and xray is similar. I believe rod end + ball stud + rod end (on the bar iteself) is around 26mm. I believe the part number is #302663

What have people done in the past; the reason I bought some more parts is so If I did lose one I am still in the race. But now the rod ends are now different; so much for that plan.

I think you may have been shipped the wrong ends. I will re-send those today. I believe the 302663 ones will work though.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I think you may have been shipped the wrong ends. I will re-send those today. I believe the 302663 ones will work though.

Thanks Christian; the arms rock btw. Do you need me to pm my address to you; or will you be able to identify my address through my name.

Customer Name: Will Irvine.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello Christian,

I just want to give some more feedback on my experience with the lcg-T4-chassis:
You maybe remember that I participate in the LRP-HPI-Challenge. For this season the rules for the 17.5t class changed. We run the new CPX version 2 tire and are forced ( ) to run GT bodies.

Like this I started with my generously changed TC6.2 (how the team drivers run it plus RSD upgrades) into the indoor season. Over the last weeks I could improve from 10.075s to 9.840s laptimes. Which was absolutly awesome in my eyes and in comparison to other guys in the same class. So I was quite happy.
Yesterday I was curious how the T4'15 with your lcg-chassis would perform. I just put in the 17.5t motor from the 6.2 and started for the first run.
As we know from the T4, it drives unspectacular and I couldn't tell if it was faster or not (didn't look like it was). But it was 9.7s showed the clock. Uuuh, the other guys were not happy to see me getting faster
I was able to improve further to an incredible 9.602s and run consistent between 9.6s - 9.9s through the whole run. To make it clear what these times are worth, let me compare it to the 13.5t stock guys: Our german vice champion Florian Botzenhart had 9.4s as his fastest times on his board. I am by far not on his level, it is just the car just works so nice with this chassis. It seems to have found the sweet spot for our modern high grip premount tires. I was already very happy on asphalt and now I am also on carpet.

In two weeks I take the car to a challenge race. Lets see how it performs on a track that transforms in 48 hours from very low grip to high grip carpet
Old 02-01-2018, 01:58 AM
Tech Initiate

hi, this is my setup :
Reflex Racing RSD6.2 - Giuseppe Mascagna - Palmi - 28.01.2018

on TC6.1 full evo RSD6.2 chassis with front TC7 arms and rear lightweight RSD arms, i run in 13.5 blinky , i have installed also the new 3D front spool , that work perfect. With all the RSD upgrades the car is very fast and competitive

Last edited by Lizard66; 02-01-2018 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

How did you dredge up this Zombie thread ? The TC6 is now the car of the Onroad racicing POOR !
Old 02-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Tc6 is great chassis, and with the rsd upgrades I have the same laps time of other faster guys on my local tracks. Rsd dont stop to release upgrade that are tc6/tc7 compatible, for last I have try the new 3d printed spool only 4.7grams insteast of the original 10.9.

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
How did you dredge up this Zombie thread ? The TC6 is now the car of the Onroad racicing POOR !
Old 02-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lizard66
hi, this is my setup :
Reflex Racing RSD6.2 - Giuseppe Mascagna - Palmi - 28.01.2018

on TC6.1 full evo RSD6.2 chassis with front TC7 arms and rear lightweight RSD arms, i run in 13.5 blinky , i have installed also the new 3D front spool , that work perfect. With all the RSD upgrades the car is very fast and competitive
Wow! That is so awesome. I actually still have one of those cars sitting in my shop. I will never sell the car that built our little company and allowed me to make a living from this wonderful hobby for 10 years!
DARKSIDE likes this.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

I still run my TC5 and it's still competitive
Old 02-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

This comment is one of the issues with the hobby today. Even if spoken or posted in jest. This kind of elitist attitude does a lot to drive people away that might otherwise become good racers.
WagwanBumba, gigaplex and P1n10n like this.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Wow! That is so awesome. I actually still have one of those cars sitting in my shop. I will never sell the car that built our little company and allowed me to make a living from this wonderful hobby for 10 years!
same, won plenty of races with it...now my daughter runs it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.