Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 02:19 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
JDM: Does the R2 in Japan come with 2 speed??
TS: Hmmm... I think JDM has said that some kits came with 2 speed with higher price, and others are not!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:23 AM
fai
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Sigearhead
JDM:
How do you adjust rear toe on the 'Cuda?
SigearHead: One way is to replace with optional 2 degree rear hubs. (Original came with 1 degree only) This nearly gives 3 degree total rear toe.

Another way is to replace original rear hex balls with those offset one (optional). Then total rear toe can then be 2~2.5 degree approx.!
Old 03-06-2003, 02:32 AM
Tech Rookie

SPEEDTECH

WHAT KIND OF PRICING ARE WE LOOKING AT?
Old 03-06-2003, 07:50 AM
Ian
Tech Regular

TTT

where's JDM(Dave)???
Old 03-06-2003, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

last time I heard he was having server problems on board ship. I would imagine the communications systems must be getting pretty darn busy !!
Old 03-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
JDM: Does the R2 in Japan come with 2 speed??
Hi T.S.

You could buy it as a option with the 1st set that was released...but now they only sell the 2 speed as a upgrade for the R1....so you can have the same chassis as the R2
-Dave
Old 03-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
SigearHead: One way is to replace with optional 2 degree rear hubs. (Original came with 1 degree only) This nearly gives 3 degree total rear toe.

Another way is to replace original rear hex balls with those offset one (optional). Then total rear toe can then be 2~2.5 degree approx.!
Couldn't have sed it better Fai

-Dave
Old 03-06-2003, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Evoracer
last time I heard he was having server problems on board ship. I would imagine the communications systems must be getting pretty darn busy !!
Yep its' pretty busy right now. and my sever e-mail is down.. but the net is working for me though

-Dave

Back to answer Questions
Old 03-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Evoracer
Well here's an interesting turn of events!! I've just recently opened a shop specializing in RC Cars and after making some arrangements with connections in Japan, I also will be able to offer the Barracuda. At present we have an order consisting of Purple,Blue and Red cars. We are also importing a few of the choice pieces from Square. Just like our Barracuda friends out on the west coast...we plan on marketing the Cuda by doing what it does best......RACE IT!! Keep your eyes open for us ...our website will be up soon and the Barracuda will have top billing !! In addition,we'll offer the best stuff from Tamiya,Associated and HPI !!
In The Beginning There Was Chaos,Then There Was ...Evolution Racing Hobbies
Wow
Congrats' Dino'

All those companys..!! When does the shop open.??

Alex on the West coast...and now ON the East coast!! Looks like poeple will be able to get parts pretty easy now for this great car!!

-Dave
Old 03-06-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Lightbulb You have mail

Originally posted by Ian
TTT

where's JDM(Dave)???

IAN PM back at you
Old 03-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Exclamation Fellow Cuda owner selling car

Look in the for Sale Tread for EvoRacers post...

I think it's 180$
and it's a Blue R1 with some spare parts

-Dave
Old 03-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oops....Apparently we've made a cuda faux paux !!! It appears that we will not be able to get the Barracuda direct from another Japanese source. Some aspects of that arrangement, AND the announcement that Speedtech will be the ONLY Alex distributor, has made the possible sale of Alex products much less feasible. I hope that Speedtech will do an excellent job distributing these cars to various dealers. I know there are a number of very good shops who could market the car the right way. For those who haven't seen one, DO IT !! These cars are clearly DA BOMB !!
Old 03-06-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up up

Bump
Old 03-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Bad luck EvoRacer, hope your shop goes well, maybe you can look out for the next big little car to come out of Japan

maybe in a couple years we''ll all be desperate for the "revolutionary" belt drive cars

can't believe this thread needed a bump I'll ask a few questions to keep it busy then.

Have people had any problems with radio interferance due to the lay out of electrics? I suppose it's most sensible to have the speedo closest to the motor and then the reciever between the servo and esc.

Do you like using a heatsink on the motor? or is it a waste of time, even possibly bad if it blocks the vents on the motor can?

Do you get a spur gear with the kit? if so what size and dp is it?
What gearing is good to start with for stock racing? With a very revvy Matrix V10R motor indoors, I'm currently running 22.52-23.46 roll out.

How close are the cells to the drive shaft? just wondering if I will need to remove the central link wire in my packs, since they're currently used as saddles.

What kind of range of gears can I use with a spur? ie how much can the motor move to get the right mesh?

Do you sand and super glue the edges of the graphite bits? or are Alex Racing the first to sell they're woven graphite bits actually finished in the manufacturing stage, highly doubtful I know

Are the shock lengths the same front to rear? and are they a pain to get the links far enough on the shaft, with the usual difficulty clamping the shaft tight enough that it doesn't slip when you turn the ball link yet not so tight as to scratch it.

Is it difficult to get the screws in the first time when screwing into any plastic parts? making it sensible to tap the thread first and use a little grease when doing so.

Should you use thread lock on the screws going into the aluminium bulkheads? or does this just make it too difficult to remove them in a quick rebuild.

What make of springs do you use that best fit the shocks? and what range you use for different kinds of racing surface?

ok thats as many as I can think of for now I think I know who'll spend the most time answering these have fun JDM

actually I have a question for you since you're on a ship, whats a poop deck?
Old 03-06-2003, 10:19 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have a question too, instead of using other companies springs. Does Alex Racing Designs have springs set of different stiffness for the Barracudas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.