Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 4pl busted

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Can't the wheel full range stopper be super glued or mickey moused to get it to stop again?
Nope, it's molded into the case.

The 4pl has great features but is very poorly put together, these stoppers snap if you sneeze within 100 ft of the radio and Futaba will screw you on warranty with this (well Futaba Aust did anyway) as they like to call it "physical abuse".
Old 11-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Can't the wheel full range stopper be super glued or mickey moused to get it to stop again?
If your gonna glue it ...glue it with the case off ....i made the mistake and glued it with the case on and the ca got in the wheel spring and then it wouldnt return to center on its own
Old 11-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe Futaba QC is going down, but...

I've used a 9550 servo for 3 seasons of racing, not one issue with it.

I also have a Futaba 3VC transmitter and the original reciever/xtals that came with it AND the original nicad pack circa 2001... Yep, you guessed -no problems with it at all!

Sounds like the moulding material has changed
Old 03-02-2013, 11:53 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it seems to me this is the most common problem with the 4pl i just bought one gonna be here in a couple days i almost got the m11 it was only a hundred more and had fasst so the feature that the 4pks has but each receiver was $100 vs the futaba $39-$49 receivers , ive held a 4pks and m11 i liked the 4pks more so im hoping this has some of the same feeling the m11 just seems like alot more than i needed i wanna keep it under three race classes owned at once so $300 in receivers just didnt feel good knowing i can pay the same price for the transmitter