Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Red face Outdrives

RCknight, I do have the IRS alloy ones, and the lightened steel ones, and the stock plastic ones. The only ones that are smooth enough (for me) are the stock ones they just aren't durible(sp) enough, the others just feel grainy no matter what I do to them. As for a add on upper deck I was hopeing for an easy fix for another tuning issue.
I am going to look at the GPM outdrives to see what's what.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can someone please save me 8 days worth of reading through this thread; How is the TC4 Team car out of the box? Do they have as much steering as the TC3? Sorry if this has been asked a million times already.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Slow4dr

Now this is just my opinion, HECK YEA, the TC3 was and is a real good car, but theTC4 is a better car right out of the box. It's smoother, easier to drive and most importantly to me it's more predictable. I fought the urge to change up to the TC4 as long as I could, but the performance inpruvement(sp) I got was realy worth it.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default Front One-Way Availability?

Hi People,

I wanna put a one-way up front of my TC4. I was going to use the AE part 3978 HD Front One-Way, but I notice that it has been discontinued.

So can anyone tell me a good one-way that will fit the TC4? And where I can get it?

Thanks

MIKE
Old 08-22-2005, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Not sure who told you that but they are available. The old one was discontinued but that was a long time ago, before the TC4 was out. We have them in stock.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnbull
We race on asphalt. I presently have 2 TC4s both with BMI chassis. Last week I decided to get a bit imaginative and lowered the diff cases (and everything else of course) by 2.5mm. Basically I machined 2.5mm from the bottom of the diff cases and the motor mount so that everything has now sunk further down onto the chassis. Yesterday we tried the car and it is brilliant. Same springs, same shocks, same settings yet absolutely no body roll and so much less pitch from weight transfer. Son Josh did times with it with a tired motor and knackered tyres that he does with the normal BMI TC4 at it's best, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he's going to do with this one with a good motor and good tyres.

I'll keep you posted.
V interesting!- I take it you left the lower suspension pick up points the same so it is only the drive train that is actually lower?
Old 08-22-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by exint2
V interesting!- I take it you left the lower suspension pick up points the same so it is only the drive train that is actually lower?
That is correct.

The towers drop too but all you need do is reset the ride height. The shocks will take the additional shortening. To keep the same geometry you will need to put the same amount of spacing under the inner top links too.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Talking about lowering the CoG - has anyone any info on these guys

http://diggitydesigns.com/xlr8photos.html

because it looks like a really interesting conversion
Old 08-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Am i the only guy that drools over the photos of the FT TC4? Do i happen to also be the only guy pissed that there is no photo of the motor mount?! Geez!

- DaveW
Old 08-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by exint2
Talking about lowering the CoG - has anyone any info on these guys

http://diggitydesigns.com/xlr8photos.html

because it looks like a really interesting conversion

Looks like they did a good job. Too bad the motor is on the wrong side
Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yea...I don't care for the motor on that side and...

the upper deck is not a BMI that's for sure. The BMI uppper deck is much lower in just stock form and you could go lower. It would be an easy mod on the BMI with the help of a machinist. JohnBull what about the other parts, can you still use the toe block shims? Any pics of that steering? That had to be hard to work out. I wonder how lowering the diff cases effects the car in handling?

Last edited by RCknight; 08-23-2005 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

More details Joe!

I might be interested in doing something like that. Lowering the drivetrain 2mm sounds like a considerable bit of of work all over the car (I'm not the machinist, but I am the machinist's son...LOL)
Old 08-23-2005, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

I have a couple of questions for the associated drives out there.

I have always been on TEAM ASOICATED'S band wagon.
I raced on dirt tracks many years ago. Now I am getting back into the hobby/sport
of on road touring cars. I think the tc4 team car is a competitive car it can hang with the x-rays and the rdx's and is half the price to buy and to fix. I also have noticed that ASSOICIATED does not put out new car every three months like these other companies just because they added some bling to there product. So with that said I can't wait for the FT TC4.

So my (ROOKIE) questions on FT TC4

Does anybody have a release date for FT?They keep pushing it back why?????

Has any body tried the TRF shock on there TC4?

The x-ray and rdx driver's or telling me that shaft drives are dead on asphalt.
I am sorry but I do not agree!!!

How is the mantance on the TC4?

What are good spares to have for the TC4?

How much breakage or is this a solid car?

How does the shaft drive run with a spool in the front? Does it shot out of the corners or push hard?

I have noticed that when you take the motor out of a TC4 and spin a wheel that there is very little drive train friction and it will spin for days. (Can't do that with a belt drive) what does this help with? I'm guessing run time, acceleration, maybe you could have a lesser of a motor than everybody else and still be as fast since your rolling resistance is much less.

Thanks for everybody’s time

Please add comments and any other info

This is coming from a FNG (fricken new guy)

Regards,
E

RED-LINE MO3
Old 08-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

What are some hopups that drastically improve performance/handling for the TC4?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well I can tell you what I have for my car. BMI chassis, Square 1 piece spur adapter/rear input shaft, square light weight input cups, FT Aluminum pivot blocks, Yok Shock caps, 2 25mm fans for cooling, Ceramic Bearings and Diff balls, one way and center one way when not running the spur adapter, spool when not running the one ways. I want to get a light weight center drive shaft and the BMI motor mount and shock towers when they are released.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.