Wiki Posts
Search

I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sjtkway
I'm to the RC world and bought a used CEN GST a few weeks ago. When I took it into the local shop for tuning I learned that I need a new pull start assembly and one-way bearing. Unfortunately I can't find any CEN dealers in Canada so I tried calling their parts department and had the same experience...message says that the number has been disconnected. I'm able to find the pull start assembly on ebay, but no luck with the one-way bearing...any suggestions on where I may be able to find a bearing? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Sean
Sean,

I found this one posted on Ebay from Jenny's RC (whom I've bought from many times with zero problems):

http://cgi.ebay.com/CEN-Genesis-Neme...item5ae1c8c17d

Also, with the one way bearing, it gets full of nitro cause it will seep right out of that bushing. Just get something like brake cleaner, or just even rubbing alcohol - anything that will get it bone dry, and clean it with that. If you want to take it a step further, get the Hudy one-way bearing oil and use that - it works fairly well from my personal experience. Regardless, one-ways will always slip when they are soaked in nitro. It is also possible to pull the actual one-way bearing from the inside out, and replace it with a new one, as well.

Hope it works out!

Yep, it also sucks that CEN kind of fell of the face of the 1/8th earth. But, right now I am putting together a brand new Matrix Arena (BCE Chassis)a for the truggy class for next summer. I figured why not, I got a bunch of parts and got it all figured out, basically which parts from other cars I can put on it. Nobody else has come out, minus Serpent, with a new and exciting truggy anyway. I'm no expert driver, so I don't really necessitate the best of the best.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Jenny's RC
+1 for Jenny's....top notch.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Wow some people are very critcal hes new cut him some slack.
You dont put $700k into a flailing business unless you know what you're doing. This is not heresay... Ken Wu asked me to buy Cen a couple of years ago, and I laughed when he told me that figure. He said that included inventory for the next couple of years, but with Cen Taiwan's spectacular track record of shipping only what they wanted to, and not letting Cen USA know what was coming and when... or IF (i.e. Matrix R2 FRE, Matrix R3 FRE, matrix R2-E FRE, Matrix TR-E (RTR or FRE)).

As I said, there is/was a lot of potential... if they can get their act together. I've seen some video of a 6S brushless GST and a 6S brushless 1/5 scale. Freaking obscene power. The GST had a 1/5 scale brushless and esc... freaking wicked.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy CEN Racing Update

Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA
I am a CEN Dealer. It may seem they are out of business, but they aren't yet. They did move last year and I have heard that they are moving again. From what I hear, they only have 2 employees left in the California Location. The Retail site is updated with The new Buggy and Truggy, but there are no parts listings for anything. The dealer site does not even have any new stuff on it. nothing has been done with the dealer site in 2011. CEN has gone through a lot of changes in the last year, which they claim are for the better. I can't understand how downsizing, and ignoring customers and dealers can be better, but what do I know. I still have my Matrix Arena TR and there are quite a few in my area. I have still been able to get parts by emailing them to order. I am afraid to order any new products because of the lack of parts support.

If anyone knows anything I don't, fill us in!!
Hello:
I am a dealer also and I can express same concerns about the poor customer service and no notice from them of closing the original office,Genka Trading company.I was very surprised when our supplier HRP dropped CEN from their company listings.This caused quite a concern for all us it left us high dry without any company supplier for this product (Cen Racing). After some investigation I found a report by the Better Business Bureau rating CEN RACING as a F rating,based on extremely poor customer service and unstable service.Listed on Better Business Bureau website was some seriously pissed off customers.The most recent address I have is 1146 East Holt Avenue,Pomona,Ca 91767 phone 909-868-9054,E-mail has no response also. most recent e-mail for sales was [email protected]. The contact person was Rick. I am in the same boat as owning a pro matrix buggy with very few spare parts. Thanks
Old 08-27-2011, 05:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Cen Racing Customer Service

Hello: I am a dealer located in Kansas trying find some answers to what happened to Cen Racing.At one time they had great customer service,a very knowledable technical staff. And great team drivers.This seems be lost on the radar screen!!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Cen website been down for 3 days, anyone have any reasons why
Old 08-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

CENRACINGDIRECT.com is also down until further notice. They are out of California so that is 2 locations with web based issues.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default CEN Racing Update

Originally Posted by Nitro Basher
Cen website been down for 3 days, anyone have any reasons why
Hello:
Here is a update about Cen Racing,I have been able to talk to Rick at Cen Racing several times in past couple days,it seems they are changing their computer integration between data sites and site will be down for maintenance for about two more days.
Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

But the are going to open again, or they will definite close?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone heard any update on this place lately? I was speaking to Rick every few days until about almost 2 weeks ago. Now nobody picks up the phone or anything.

Last thing he told me is some big wig from taiwan or japan was coming down and that whatever parts were supposed to be there never showed up. Then poof everybody disappeared. SUx mang i have a fun factor waiting for one gear to get it running.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.cenracingdirect.com/ just came up for me.

Years ago I was briefly considering buying a CEN, I am sure glad I didnt
Old 09-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MadRussian
just came up for me.

Years ago I was briefly considering buying a CEN, I am sure glad I didnt

I dont need to get to the site I need to talk to humans lol
Old 09-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

nothing new?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jlopez
nothing new?
Still nobody answering the phone or responding to any of my emails.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

thanks, if you hear any news please post it here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.