Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

R/C Motorcycles!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 12:41 PM
X2
Tech Regular

Sorry about the of topic - but Jpilone u got one awsome avaitar!!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Suspended

Thanks for the avatar compliment I love that SNL episode

My bike: it has a team orion mod motor and a 6 cell 1100mah nimh pack in it right now..

it moves nicely and I really enjoy running the bike! It's so cool watching the rider lean into the turns.

but you are right, it's very hard to ride it for the first few times, you really do need to retrain your brain to understand the concepts of the bike's operations
Old 08-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by packetdreamer
will the motors from the 1/18 scale cars fit?
Man I hope so....they are the same as micros right? I heard that you can use a Graupner Speed 300 motor. I went and got a 400 and it is too big. Might go back to the Hobby store here and try to match on for my bike......Besides I need fuel for my new Heli!
Seen an Tamyia TA-04 Porche boxer today when I bought the heli.... how good are they?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

how does it steer? in my old bikethe battery is want did the work? it sat in a cradle and the servo would swing it from side to side. the shifting weight of the battery would tip the bike and cause it to steer.

it was very stable and not hard to control. the shocks were not dampened, so bumps would make it bounce a little. what about the kyosho shocks?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Suspended

The micro motors fit...

I've got a $19 Team Orion mod motor in my bike.. it fit perfect, even had the connector on it.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Suspended

My bike steers the very same way, only the rider leans with the bike, sticks his knee, out, and turns his head as well!

how does it steer? in my old bikethe battery is want did the work? it sat in a cradle and the servo would swing it from side to side. the shifting weight of the battery would tip the bike and cause it to steer.

it was very stable and not hard to control. the shocks were not dampened, so bumps would make it bounce a little. what about the kyosho shocks?
Old 08-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jpilone
My bike: it has a team orion mod motor and a 6 cell 1100mah nimh pack in it right now.
Where did you get the motor? Is it a micro mod motor? It is the last piece of my motorcycle puzzle to make it zing! What you need next is the suspension, steering and drive train hop ups they got!

and oh......don't forget the tire upgrades too.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Suspended

Here's my list of upgrades:

Team Orion Mod Motor (Micro RS4 application fits perfect)
1100mah 6 cell battery pack
Lightweight front flywheel (inside the front tire)
Added foam inside the front and rear tire for support (home depot foam!)

upgrades on the way (purchased and en route)

kyosho steel gears
GPM alloy gearbox
rear oil shock

From what I noticed, the tires grip very well on smooth asphalt. The stock tires are cheap enough (with rims) i'll get a few sets as spares, and maybe pick up the "high grip" version as well just ot see how much better it is.

Originally posted by GundamWZero
Where did you get the motor? Is it a micro mod motor? It is the last piece of my motorcycle puzzle to make it zing! What you need next is the suspension, steering and drive train hop ups they got!

and oh......don't forget the tire upgrades too.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

They have some mini-Ts here....I wonder what motor they have for them? I thought about adding some HPI medium inserts into the rear tires after I glued them into place!!!!

You'll need the steel gears; does you bike runs like it has a slipper clutch on it? Mines snapped in two, butthey both s[in on the same axel still....like I have a slipper plate.

We need to find a bearing kit for our motorcycles, the friction form the bushings are robbing the speed out of them!

Where did you say you're getting you upgrades from?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Suspended

I forgot to add that I have bearings in my bike too.. and no, it doesn't feel like it has a slipper in it, it's very solid, even with the plastic gears in it..

The mini T motor will work, but you will need to open up the mounting holes because the mini T motor is a "big block"

Dinball sells the bikes and hop ups, but they are in Hong Kong and shipping can take a while...

it's www.rcmart.com

They have some mini-Ts here....I wonder what motor they have for them? I thought about adding some HPI medium inserts into the rear tires after I glued them into place!!!!

You'll need the steel gears; does you bike runs like it has a slipper clutch on it? Mines snapped in two, butthey both s[in on the same axel still....like I have a slipper plate.

We need to find a bearing kit for our motorcycles, the friction form the bushings are robbing the speed out of them!

Where did you say you're getting you upgrades from?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default ARRGHHH!!!!!!

Is there any place that ship to APO addresses? I find the stuff I am looking for and they don't ship to an APO address!!!!!

man..........life just sucks.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

don't you be ignorin' me!!!!!!!

how does it (the kyosho bike) steer? battery ballast?
Old 08-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Suspended

Default Re: ARRGHHH!!!!!!

I have no idea... USPS will deliver to an APO, but shipping from hong kong to an APO... you're asking too much! get it shipped to family and have them send it to you!

Is there any place that ship to APO addresses? I find the stuff I am looking for and they don't ship to an APO address!!!!!

man..........life just sucks.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Then it WILL take forever!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 01:55 PM
Suspended

The bike steers by the rider leaning, but also via the servo tilting the front forks left or right, not by traditional steering. the front forks are actually loose!! the bike will follow!

Here's a video I found on the internet showing the bike steering in action (on a desk, but you get the idea).

I saved it and put it on my website (where I have no bandwidth issues)

Bike Steering Mpeg!

don't you be ignorin' me!!!!!!!

how does it (the kyosho bike) steer? battery ballast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.