Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just got my RDX like 2 weeks ago and it's awesome! I love the way it handles! I haven't been able to race it yet just test drive it, but going to race it on Feb. 5th at superior hobbies, and was thinking if could help for the setup. It's a medium bumpy low to mid traction track, so far i have pretty much stock setup but 30 wt in front shocks with 17 lb springs, and 35 wt in rear with 14.5 lb springs, 0 degress of toe in at the front, everthing eles is pretty much stock setup. Any suggestions? Thanks Corally this is my best kit to date!
Old 01-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Post rdx

what is up with the Arms they do break EZ very EZ the other day I brushed a tube and broke a rear arm 50% when I had my Speedmind they had the same problem but fixed it by useing a 100% Delrin arm the only thing the RDX lacks in better arms
Old 01-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
what is up with the Arms they do break EZ very EZ the other day I brushed a tube and broke a rear arm 50% when I had my Speedmind they had the same problem but fixed it by useing a 100% Delrin arm the only thing the RDX lacks in better arms
Totally agreed about the RDX arms. Never have had an r/c car with such an Achilles heel.

75, 50 or Soft...No difference!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Totally agreed about the RDX arms. Never have had an r/c car with such an Achilles heel.

I agree also. The arms are pretty weak. But, if you don't hit anything, the car is dialed.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
I agree also. The arms are pretty weak. But, if you don't hit anything, the car is dialed.
Better find a fix before the asphalt nats. The boards are aren't too forgiving and with the arms being weak the DNF'S will be high! Not talking trash just being real You know I keep it real!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Better find a fix before the asphalt nats. The boards are aren't too forgiving and with the arms being weak the DNF'S will be high! Not talking trash just being real You know I keep it real!!!
bla,bla,bla.....

Bring your dress on the 28th so when you put on your MULLET you can do the Shanaenae thing.......LOL Perhaps you can convince Barry to come up so you can lick his ear again! LMAO!!!!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill

what are you talking about??...there is a difference..or maybe you just crash too much...HA...
Old 01-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

I bought my RDX when the first batch of Carpet Spec cars hit the states. Since I've owned the car, I've only broke 2 parts: a right front and and a right steering block...all in the same crash.

I bought a Rubberneck from bumper and since then, I have not broken one part. Tha's been over 1 year without breaking one part. I would suggest a Rubberneck bumper to anyone!
Old 01-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Lord

I'm a big RDX fan boy, and I do love the car, but I have to agree. This arm breakage thing thoroughly sucks. Now, to save me having to give people the middle finger, here's what I know and don't need you to tell me again:

1. Kydex+Rubberneck Bumper (got it, helps a lot)
2. Don't hit things (STFU, seriously)
3. There's no problem (STFU, again)

I drive plenty of races with no wrecks or crashes. I practice a lot, and I'm getting better all the time. It's not big crashes, it's little things that breaks the arms. This is a REAL problem. Corally has addressed every other complaint about this car, so please, for all of us, do something about this stupid arm problem. The fact that aluminum arms are available makes me wonder if Corally knows there's a problem.

Jeff, I know you guys are just the importer, but surely you've got the attention of the guys in Holland. Please, if you haven't already, tell them the arm thing is hurting their reputation.

At this point, I can no longer bring myself to recommend the RDX to other drivers because this problem is so real, and hasn't been addressed yet. These are the things that make people buy a competitors car, sell their Corally stuff on eBay, and badmouth the company for the remainder of their existence. That's no good for business.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I'm a big RDX fan boy, and I do love the car, but I have to agree. This arm breakage thing thoroughly sucks. Now, to save me having to give people the middle finger, here's what I know and don't need you to tell me again:

1. Kydex+Rubberneck Bumper (got it, helps a lot)
2. Don't hit things (STFU, seriously)
3. There's no problem (STFU, again)

I drive plenty of races with no wrecks or crashes. I practice a lot, and I'm getting better all the time. It's not big crashes, it's little things that breaks the arms. This is a REAL problem. Corally has addressed every other complaint about this car, so please, for all of us, do something about this stupid arm problem. The fact that aluminum arms are available makes me wonder if Corally knows there's a problem.

Jeff, I know you guys are just the importer, but surely you've got the attention of the guys in Holland. Please, if you haven't already, tell them the arm thing is hurting their reputation.

At this point, I can no longer bring myself to recommend the RDX to other drivers because this problem is so real, and hasn't been addressed yet. These are the things that make people buy a competitors car, sell their Corally stuff on eBay, and badmouth the company for the remainder of their existence. That's no good for business.
Yes, they know. New arms do not appear overnight though. We have told them months ago, like I said takes time. We should have some prototypes for the Snowbirds if things work out.

Jeff
Old 01-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Lord

Edit: Removed sarcastic post.

Jeff,

That's GREAT news. The fact that you're anticipating prototypes is all I needed to hear. Thank you, sorry for my harsh tone, it's very frustrating.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Tech Lord

Actually, that's probably the best news I've heard about this car yet.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HEWITT
what are you talking about??...there is a difference..or maybe you just crash too much...HA...
Hewitt,

Maybe I should detail my situation further. If you know me, you know I drive fairly conservatively. I do have the combo Rubberneck and kydex bumpers that seems to eliminate any problems at the front of my RDX.

The arm breakage I am describing is limited solely to the rear of the car. The first two arm breakages were minor "punts" to the rear by local competitors. The next three were only grazes against plastic barriers that have previously been 'friendly' to my other cars in similar circumstances.

I have used the 75, 50 and soft arms with the same results. Basically, all have failed in the same outer area of the arm which has the least material.

Except for this one issue, the RDX is a terrific car.

Jeff Brown's helpful support to this forum is also most appreciated.

Bill
Old 01-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
We should have some prototypes for the Snowbirds if things work out.

Jeff
I'll be lookin for you Jeff
Old 01-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Development takes time to get it right. We have discussed our suggestions with overseas and they have responded quite nicely. We did not say much until product was closer. Nothing like dragging things out and saying, "it will be here in 6 months". We try to avoid that.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.