Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Even separate years the worlds are only every 2 yrs so on the off year have the truggy worlds.
That would be the way to do it.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by vince7870
Hmmm

Guess you didn't read my post too well the track was brutal and challenging for buggys but it would have been a joke for Truggies.

The brutalness of the worlds is what made the race exciting....who wants to just watch Truggies for an hour plow through and over everything in there past unfazed!

I love my truggy-I drive it like I stole it and I don't give 2 poops what happens to it, but my buggy is my baby and I treat it completely different right down to the way I drive and maintain it!

Truggy is for fun but for driving and bragging rights you got to do well in buggy!

Ats all I'm sayin!
truggy is our largest class here in northern lower michigan, buggy is the lowest turnout of them all, but next year will be a little better for buggy clsss. we average about 50 to 60 racers for club racing
Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
+1, that would be sweet!!!!!! as long as it was in USA. i would be there!!! maybe be in the Z main.
Her I have been in the F main b4.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Good read,

It's a topic that makes for good discussion.

Points are there on both sides as to why there should be and shouldn't a Truggy Worlds. I'm not exactly sure why there isn't one, though leaning a bit to the Politics side of things.

Let us remember that in the beginning of what is now looked at as the Premier Race for buggies, there were not a lot of Mfg.'s producing buggies. 1/8th Buggy as a class was not as popular on the world wide stage as it is now. So to me saying there ins't a Truggy Worlds because there are not enough Mfg.'s producing Truggies or because the class is not popular world wide, comes off as an excuse. I would be willing to bet that if the Truggy class had begun before the Buggy class on the world stage, we would be having this discussion in the reverse. Asking why there isn't a Buggy Worlds.

As for a Truggy being easier to drive and thus less entertaining to watch at a Worlds level, I agree and disagree. I agree that in general Truggies are easier to drive than Buggies, but you drive both differently so there isn't a straight across comparasion between the two. At least to me there isn't. I think that because of the way racers can drive Truggies vs. Buggies on the same track makes them equally fun to watch. The top racers will still shine with either Buggy or Truggy.

Having both calsses run at the same Worlds event could be done. I think the current cap for racers is 180 at the Worlds. If every racer ran both classes that would be a total of 360, that number could be handled as I don't think every racer would run both classes. Even so, if that number was reached it is a workable number on paper. Though the pace of the event would be much faster and any delay would make things very hard to stay on schedual. The added track maint. for the event would be another issue, as it would be more with the extra number of cars/trucks on the track. I think the idea could be done, but having a seperate Worlds event for Buggy and Truggy would be an easier way to go. That however opens up another discussion all together.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Suspended

for me the truggy is harder to drive than the buggy, the buggy does everything i want it do on demand, truggy is more bulky and doesent alway want to turn when i want it to. buggy is so much easier to drive in my opinion,
Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

for me the truggy is harder to drive than the buggy, the buggy does everything i want it do on demand, truggy is more bulky and doesent alway want to turn when i want it to. buggy is so much easier to drive in my opinion,
its the complete opposite for me. Although i dont own a truggy , Ive driven one for about five tanks and it felt WAY EASIER to drive and just seems to float over all the bumps and holes
Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Prophet

i agree that buggy do turn on a dime and rotate quicker than a truggy i know you notice this that truggy like to push a bit espially if you on power coming into the turn .

and no they dont turn where you want sometimes i know it also from driving buggy but thats why i like truggy.

but yea i want to see a truggy worlds.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mugen racer123
its the complete opposite for me. Although i dont own a truggy , Ive driven one for about five tanks and it felt WAY EASIER to drive and just seems to float over all the bumps and holes
everyones differnt i guess, but for me buggy is the easiest to drive out of all the toys i have.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Lord

truggy is our largest class here in northern lower michigan, buggy is the lowest turnout of them all, but next year will be a little better for buggy clsss. we average about 50 to 60 racers for club racing
Nice statement and congrats to the populairity at your club but as asked by me before, how many of them are willing/capable to drive a worlds on the other side of the world?

Do not get me wrong but if people are not willing to leave their club or distriction for racing there is no chance of a good world championship. Realy, another worlds will give more pressure to the factories and their drivers and the rest are just filling of the field (as with all large races)
Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ifmar would never organize this race simply because 1/8th scale has 1 champion and not 2, having a worlds for 1/8th scale truck would take away value of the buggy worlds and who won, it would never happen because of this reason, ifmar wants to give 1 person a crown as who is best with 1/8th scale machines, having 2 worlds in offroad 1/8th scale would mean 2 winners and that would be the problem with the event, not to mention companies sending as many people to another country as they do already for this years worlds it just wouldn't be possible and the race wouldn't have the drivers there to race, also many companies that do well in buggy don't even have a truggy to race therefore leaving more of the top racers out. So knowing these things would u still like to ask why there's no ifmar wc for truggies? Taking away from the buggy wc would b enough reason to rule it out for them, they won't hurt the prestigiousness of the biggest race there is for rc cars, EVER!

(edit) congratulations Cody king for being the best there is in 1/8 scale offroad, u are the 1 and only champion for the next 2 years so work your a$$ off and do it again in 2012, you made alot of new fans in Thailand !!

Ja801
Old 11-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Nice statement and congrats to the populairity at your club but as asked by me before, how many of them are willing/capable to drive a worlds on the other side of the world?

Do not get me wrong but if people are not willing to leave their club or distriction for racing there is no chance of a good world championship. Realy, another worlds will give more pressure to the factories and their drivers and the rest are just filling of the field (as with all large races)
so correct me if I'm wrong, but what your saying is that buggy drivers=world travelers, Truggy drivers= stay at home wanna bes? wow.. I do race truggy and think a world title race for them would be great. as far as me racing at one of that level, ya right, theres only 26 letters in the alphabet and I don't think they"ll make a new one just for me to qualify..
Old 11-18-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by NDHotbodies
so correct me if I'm wrong, but what your saying is that buggy drivers=world travelers, Truggy drivers= stay at home wanna bes? wow.. I do race truggy and think a world title race for them would be great. as far as me racing at one of that level, ya right, theres only 26 letters in the alphabet and I don't think they"ll make a new one just for me to qualify..
No, I was just saying that most (RC-starting) Truggy drivers are just clubracers and do not care to go on with the next level. I do think truggy racing has to grow more and get their own national heroes to be worlds worthy without putting the pressure on other factory drivers (for sure with the still going on financial crisis).
Take a look into 1/10 and 1/8 onroad, in the top of both worlds you do see the same names and that will be the same with the buggy and truggy worlds, the same is with the 1/12 pancar and 1/10 touring worlds which actually are driven on the same event.

Realy, how many clubracers are interested into racing a worlds if it is not in the neighburehood? The interest in local clubracing does not give any realistic picture to predict the number of racers going to the worlds.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Adept

how many Buggy Racers would really leave their country for a race? thats only the top racers....and thats same in every class. Couse only the Top Racer gets the factory support. What do u guess what the worlds costs 4 every racer if he had pay that on his own?

Me think first of all we need Truggy nationals in more countries.

In germany we have that for 2 years now..this year i was there too..place 49 in the end..not bad but still too bad 4 a truggy worlds...the top driver were also the top buggy driver here in germany..

get nationals in every buggy country and u have a base of racers and companies who are willing to pay lots of money to get the truggy world championship title
Old 11-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Ifmar would never organize this race simply because 1/8th scale has 1 champion and not 2, having a worlds for 1/8th scale truck would take away value of the buggy worlds and who won, it would never happen because of this reason, ifmar wants to give 1 person a crown as who is best with 1/8th scale machines, having 2 worlds in offroad 1/8th scale would mean 2 winners and that would be the problem with the event, not to mention companies sending as many people to another country as they do already for this years worlds it just wouldn't be possible and the race wouldn't have the drivers there to race, also many companies that do well in buggy don't even have a truggy to race therefore leaving more of the top racers out. So knowing these things would u still like to ask why there's no ifmar wc for truggies? Taking away from the buggy wc would b enough reason to rule it out for them, they won't hurt the prestigiousness of the biggest race there is for rc cars, EVER!

(edit) congratulations Cody king for being the best there is in 1/8 scale offroad, u are the 1 and only champion for the next 2 years so work your a$$ off and do it again in 2012, you made alot of new fans in Thailand !!

Ja801
+1, congrats to cody king for being the best 1/8 buggy champion!!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I also find truggy WAY harder to drive. I switched to buggy and i realize i can drive. Who would have known when i was running truggy LOL. MARSHALLLLLLLLLL HAHAHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.