Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
For the pain and effort to get it right consistently I go premount everytime. If Alpha, Ofna, Sweep @ IGT are not your ticket then this site offers BSR and Ipanema products.

Winners Circle RC

Have not had a foam insert bunch up on me from any of these brands.
Yup!!! The pain and effort isn't worth it to me either. Pre-Mounted PMTs are the way to go. They are damn ugly wheels but the tire traction is great. Sweeps are too bad either and those wheels are a little prettier if that's what you really want. IGT has a great selection on Sweeps. As for the PMTs, FG Supply or do a search on E-Bay. Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Recently added these to the site....

http://www.igthobbies.com/OFNA-OFN31...IT_p_1680.html

Got some on the way.
That makes it handle so much better, probably the most important mod to make

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
That what I run on my car.
Yup, had mine setup like that since the early 2k,though I suck I love the effects this has.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwck
Paragon Ground Effects, stinky wintergreen

black molly lube for rear ring/pinion and spider gears
Thanks for the link to the tire warmers did not know there was a set of tire warmers large enough to wrap around these gt tires.

Have used Paragon in the past but it gives me a wicked head ache. Was interested if any have used the citrus based traction compounds with success (SXT, JACK, etc). Currently I use niftech but once it wears off the traction drops off significantly.

Do you have an online site you purchase black molly lube from did an online search and there was a tonne of different products listed.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

ok so i blew a tire today ..what should i get for bashing in parking lots drift/burn outs etc? ... hard slicks ? 45 50 55 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r1FSYqduN4
Old 08-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bronc4now
ok so i blew a tire today ..what should i get for bashing in parking lots drift/burn outs etc? ... hard slicks ? 45 50 55 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r1FSYqduN4
I'm liking my 55 premounted sweeps. I just wanted a tire that would last a long time. I'm just bashing too.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Front cva drive lost a cross pin today and I'm not finding any kind of rebuild kit... all I really need is a pin. I'm hoping one of you guys will tell me I'm wrong and that I don't have to buy a whole new CVA set! If so, a part number would be awesome. Much appreciated!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
Thanks for the link to the tire warmers did not know there was a set of tire warmers large enough to wrap around these gt tires.

Have used Paragon in the past but it gives me a wicked head ache. Was interested if any have used the citrus based traction compounds with success (SXT, JACK, etc). Currently I use niftech but once it wears off the traction drops off significantly.

Do you have an online site you purchase black molly lube from did an online search and there was a tonne of different products listed.
Capt,

On the tire warmers. They are a bit too small to wrap around the entire tire. They are so economical that I ordered 4 sets. One wrap is a couple inches short of doing a whole circumference coverage. I roadrace so I need em for all four tires.

I've been using Losi Hi-Pressure Black Grease #LOSA99203. It comes in a convenient 8cc clear tube. We call it "Black Death" because it's pretty messy and spreads like "The Blob". It'll make your rear diff supper smooth and free.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daravelli
Front cva drive lost a cross pin today and I'm not finding any kind of rebuild kit... all I really need is a pin. I'm hoping one of you guys will tell me I'm wrong and that I don't have to buy a whole new CVA set! If so, a part number would be awesome. Much appreciated!
Time to get the calipers out and go to your LHS. I've spent hours searching for certain hardened pins at times. Piano/music wire might be an option if it's the correct diameter. I always check those pins and make sure they are loctited. Good luck!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I'm liking my 55 premounted sweeps. I just wanted a tire that would last a long time. I'm just bashing too.
thanks!
are you using slicks or tread tire ?
I ordered the slicks thanks

Last edited by bronc4now; 08-31-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rcwck
Time to get the calipers out and go to your LHS. I've spent hours searching for certain hardened pins at times. Piano/music wire might be an option if it's the correct diameter. I always check those pins and make sure they are loctited. Good luck!
Yeah this pin actually cracked in half and then ripped a gash through one of the front axle carriers... sweet!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah this pin actually cracked in half and then ripped a gash through one of the front axle carriers... sweet!
They are available all steel also. Might be more durable.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

There is a rebuild kit available. Use part number 10553.

Here is a link:

http://www.nitrohouse.com/advanced_s...fb415426a8a1e9

Last edited by D Starks; 09-01-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: different link
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by D Starks
There is a rebuild kit available. Use part number 10553.

Here is a link:

http://www.nitrohouse.com/advanced_s...fb415426a8a1e9
Awesome man, much appreciated!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know what the internal drive ratio of this car is (diff gear reduction)? I am curious what the overall final drive ratio is.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Micro-E
Anyone know what the internal drive ratio of this car is (diff gear reduction)? I am curious what the overall final drive ratio is.
43 Ring & 13 Pinion Gear (3.30:1 Ratio)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.