Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Life Changing Decisions !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Cool Life Changing Decisions !!

Hey all, i have a birthday coming up and im trying to decide what to ask for along with money for a car in my near future. Well, Ive always used sport packs, but i recently changed them to sideby side for my xxx-s G+. Now im wondering if i should get a better charger than my dynamite prophet plus to take care of a matched set im getting. im wondering whether to ask for a
1)setup board
2)better charger
3)hop ups
I also have a nitro on-road, so i can't be buying a lathe, charger, and tons of matched packs, i just want to know the most important thing to get next, besides practice, practice, and more practice. Thanks
Old 06-18-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Life Changing Decisions !!

Originally posted by bballer
Hey all, i have a birthday coming up and im trying to decide what to ask for along with money for a car in my near future. Well, Ive always used sport packs, but i recently changed them to sideby side for my xxx-s G+. Now im wondering if i should get a better charger than my dynamite prophet plus to take care of a matched set im getting. im wondering whether to ask for a
1)setup board
2)better charger
3)hop ups
I also have a nitro on-road, so i can't be buying a lathe, charger, and tons of matched packs, i just want to know the most important thing to get next, besides practice, practice, and more practice. Thanks
Charger.... A good charger will make your batteries last longer and give better performance. 3 match packs for races and a couple of "practice" packs for fun....
Hop ups next
Setup board last.....
Old 06-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Life Changing Decisions !!

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
Charger.... A good charger will make your batteries last longer and give better performance. 3 match packs for races and a couple of "practice" packs for fun....
Hop ups next
Setup board last.....
Really?? i thought setup board. if a charger, i would need one for around 100 used, so the ce turbos are out. Recommendations??? I was looking at the duratrax digital one, but have heard bad and good about it. Thanks
Old 06-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I'm using the Piranha digital and it works wonderfully -- charged everything I've thrown at it -- from 6 cell 3300 packs to my 8-cell packs for my Makita cordless drill. Even charged a 3-cell cordless telephone battery just to see if it could do it.

Wonderful product.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

what brand charger is the pirahna??
Old 06-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Look at the quasar pro's. I am now seeing them often for 115 or under on different bb's, some are even new!
Old 06-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

BUY A LATHE...You'll be sorry if you don't
Old 06-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Life Changing Decisions !!

1)setup board
2)better charger
3)hop ups
I also have a nitro on-road, so i can't be buying a lathe , charger, and tons of matched packs, i just want to know the most important thing to get next, besides practice, practice, and more practice. Thanks
He can't buy a lathe.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

I can get my comms cut for 3.00, and i have access to a tire truer, so i should be set there.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

So is it for sure more important to get a quality charger rather than a set-up system?? I can only use my charger for electric, but i can use the setup system for both. Basically what im saying, if i get a discharger seperate, will my prophet plus be enough to get me by for a while??
Old 06-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

I can get my comms cut for 3.00, and i have access to a tire truer, so i should be set there.
Thats cool then
Old 06-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

My main problem is not knowing battery maintenance, but i assume that as long as i discharge my cells and don't let them get too hot, that is basically all i need to do. charging at only 4 amps with my charger now won't give me the most punch, but it wont be that noticable or hurt my batts, right? If i can get by with the stuff i have now ill be fine i guess, i just realized i am probably going to just get a setup system (sorry for going against your advice nova f1 racer) Later
Old 06-18-2004, 03:33 PM
J-P
Tech Regular

hey,

again i say a charger, when i got my good charger i found that i got more out of my cells!! i use the lrp comp, you co use a flat piece of glass and a camber gauge to set up your car, i know
theres a bit more to setting up abou, but im just saying that a charger is what help me improve a bit

hope this helps

J-P
Old 06-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by J-P
hey,

again i say a charger, when i got my good charger i found that i got more out of my cells!! i use the lrp comp, you co use a flat piece of glass and a camber gauge to set up your car, i know
theres a bit more to setting up abou, but im just saying that a charger is what help me improve a bit

hope this helps

J-P
it depends were you are lacking in performance.
could be set-up so a setup board may help,it could be motors so the obviouse choice is peak,or if batterys are letting you down a charger would be best.
charger wise the LRP pulsar competion is a great charger.
all it needs is 30amp discharge current and a rpm checker and it would be one of the best chargers ever.
please pulsar 2 have these features.
this would mean youd have a motor checker,a discharge that you can compare results to other 30 discharged packs and one of the best chargers ever.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

id say get a charger....setup boards arent that imporant i mean theres altewrnatives for a hudy where u can get cheap.

i usually get the most expensive stuff from my want to get list when someones paying for it, the rest i save up for

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.