Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBY!! --Need some help Nitro TC3 not moving--

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default NEWBY!! --Need some help Nitro TC3 not moving--

So i have just acurired a Nitro TC3 2 speed, got it for a great deal and thought it was pretty cool. Ive never owned a gas powered RC car before. It has been sitting for quite a while before i got it. Just got back from the hobby store, picked up new glow plug, cleaned it up a bit, got it running. Pretty sure it needs to be tuned, idles irratac and fuel needs to be dripped into the carb sometimes to start it..
My biggest issue so far is that i cant get it to move. Wheels wont spin under the power of the car. The wheels do spin if i move them and gear assembly also moves. I noticed that when i left the car idling for a minute or two it begins to smoke in the gear/engine assembly, not sure if its related. Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Any help would be appreciated..
Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Could be something with the clutch (clutch shoes worn out) http://aedownloads.com/downloads/man...c3_manualb.pdf go to page 2(actually 16 in the manual) to take it apart and check them. You may want to take the whole drive line out and check everything to make sure it it fine. Can go to www.rc10.com under support and download the manual for the car.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

sounds like the one way bearing inside the two speed assembly needs to be replaced. you might be able to just clean and lube it to see if it helps, but usually they need replacing if this is the problem.