Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree11Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sweep tires just keep getting better. Love 'em.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sure would be nice to be able to "test" the new ROK tires for our 3 hour enduro @ Timezone
Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Ordered me up some GT 50s with the new inserts last week. Had my first go around with them this Saturday. My first impression was wow! Little did I know what I was in for on the track. First heat I got a good scuff on the tires and was flat out amazed how well they scuffed in. The whole tire edge to edge scuffed in and was perfect. 2nd Heat I was noticing I had excellent traction and my Serpent Cobra GT felt planted like never before. They got even better in the main. The tires didn’t seem to heat up as fast and man did they plant. The wear after a day of racing was impressive as well. Well done Sweeps I can’t wait for those Orange rims to come out! Too bad Gus will probably get them before me I would recommend this to a friend!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'm looking forward to giving them a try at the Sweep Race this weekend in New York. I've heard good things from someone who got his "Orange" set to play with this past weekend.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I'm looking forward to giving them a try at the Sweep Race this weekend in New York. I've heard good things from someone who got his "Orange" set to play with this past weekend.
yeah Grenade, they work really well I used a set loaned to me by Juaquin de soto at the great lakes challenge race and I was impressed, when I got home sunday after the race my orange set was sitting at my door, i was hoping to get them before the race, but I was not so lucky, but thankfully the de sotos had an extra set and loaned them to me, great traction and strong new wheels, you will like them alot.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After watching mrod's car this weekend I think these new tires are a HUGE improvement! I wish I had a set for the race. My Sweeps were really good, but those were much better....
Old 08-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The "orange tires" looked very, very impressive yesterday at the trophy race at Floyd Bennett. Juan and Elvin both ran 45 ROKs and they wore very well in a 30 minute A in 85 degree temps. Can't wait to try a set this coming weekend at the big Sweep GT race.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ROK wheels set available to order

Hello Racers

We are happy to inform you, the ROK is available to order at the US web site.
it s scheduled to arrive at our US warehouse on Thursday Aug/30/2012. we should be able to ship as early as Friday.

please be sure to order ROK wheels on GT LS inserts to experience the future of GT racing..

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/18-GT8_c_25.html

Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by mrod
yeah Grenade, they work really well I used a set loaned to me by Juaquin de soto at the great lakes challenge race and I was impressed, when I got home sunday after the race my orange set was sitting at my door, i was hoping to get them before the race, but I was not so lucky, but thankfully the de sotos had an extra set and loaned them to me, great traction and strong new wheels, you will like them alot.
Originally Posted by mcsquish
After watching mrod's car this weekend I think these new tires are a HUGE improvement! I wish I had a set for the race. My Sweeps were really good, but those were much better....
Originally Posted by Gary NJ
The "orange tires" looked very, very impressive yesterday at the trophy race at Floyd Bennett. Juan and Elvin both ran 45 ROKs and they wore very well in a 30 minute A in 85 degree temps. Can't wait to try a set this coming weekend at the big Sweep GT race.
yes those are same Sweep EXP 45deg rubber on ROK wheels glued with GTLS full faced inserts. a new and improved Pre-glued set.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Why the last minute color change on the ROK wheels? Killed my high, I was excited to have some bright orange wheels to go on the Serpent. Black is a safer color to start out with so I guess I understand a little. Is there any way I could get ahold of the orange ones? If not I will wait because I just bought a brand new set with the new insert last week.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I have NO ISSUE with the color!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Why the last minute color change on the ROK wheels? Killed my high, I was excited to have some bright orange wheels to go on the Serpent. Black is a safer color to start out with so I guess I understand a little. Is there any way I could get ahold of the orange ones? If not I will wait because I just bought a brand new set with the new insert last week.
Originally Posted by Grenade10
I have NO ISSUE with the color!
We made few samples of Orange as we orginally planned but none of them passed our standard. but we already have Black dye from original 6ix-pak wheels which is most popular seller out of 3 current colors.

We will continue developing "The right Orange dye" for best look and strength. we will try to debut as early as we can. it could be some time in late September 2012.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
yes those are same Sweep EXP 45deg rubber on ROK wheels glued with GTLS full faced inserts. a new and improved Pre-glued set.
Part # please and do they come in treaded????
Old 08-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Chris K
Part # please and do they come in treaded????
Yes they comes in every shore, treaded or Slick. just clicked ROK wheels and GT LS inserts on wheels and inserts selection. no additional charge for the 2012 season.

thanks
Old 09-01-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Sweet - mine are on the WAY!!! Good service Sweep people!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.