Wiki Posts
Search

URGENT...GM120 2010 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default URGENT...GM120 2010 HELP

Hey guys

so i have been running V11.1 on my GM speedo for 3 months now, the night before a race meeting (tonight) i decided to update it to 12.2

So i followed the instructions and updated the same way i have done in the past... all installed successfully but on V12.2 it wont perform a factory reset or enter the set up mode, it just sits there the fan is pulsing slowly as is the light on the spektrum receiver and the speedo shows a red light.

If i back date it to V11.1 as before it does the same thing. I have a race meeting in ten hours so am extremely stressed out at the minute

Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham Kenny
Hey guys

so i have been running V11.1 on my GM speedo for 3 months now, the night before a race meeting (tonight) i decided to update it to 12.2

So i followed the instructions and updated the same way i have done in the past... all installed successfully but on V12.2 it wont perform a factory reset or enter the set up mode, it just sits there the fan is pulsing slowly as is the light on the spektrum receiver and the speedo shows a red light.

If i back date it to V11.1 as before it does the same thing. I have a race meeting in ten hours so am extremely stressed out at the minute

Thanks in advance
Can't help with that issue, but a quick google shows a few people running that speedo here too:

http://forum.racing-cars.com/forum_t...asp?FID=2&PN=1

I would try updating the ESC on another PC, maybe it's not getting 100% flashed.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Can't help with that issue, but a quick google shows a few people running that speedo here too:

http://forum.racing-cars.com/forum_t...asp?FID=2&PN=1

I would try updating the ESC on another PC, maybe it's not getting 100% flashed.
cheers will try this now, just changed motor and receiver
Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MikeXray

Yeap that seemed to work, updated it from my windows 7 home PC instead of my XP laptop and it took 2 attempts but it did work, finished building the rest of the car at 2.00am and took it to our local car park just to make sure it was working.

Thanks for the help
Old 06-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham Kenny
Yeap that seemed to work, updated it from my windows 7 home PC instead of my XP laptop and it took 2 attempts but it did work, finished building the rest of the car at 2.00am and took it to our local car park just to make sure it was working.

Thanks for the help
Cool, glad it worked out.