Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Riped off on a engine? What do you think? >

Riped off on a engine? What do you think?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Riped off on a engine? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dayglo33
Which parts? You are a funny guy seffrood!
I figured you couldn't resist posting something.
i need a connecting rod
Old 06-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

i can assure you 100% that the engine when sent from me to wideopenthrottlerc was in great shape , decent compression (definitely not new) , it had a rub mark from a piece of rubber or something on the piston and sleeve ( did not effect compression seal at all ) , i put new bearings in it front and rear (factory nova steel , single shield front) , all new orings , pretty much everything the bag said . i even threw on a king headz cooling head on it i had laying around for wide open .

unless the engine ingested dirt i dont see how the piston could go 1/4" through the top of the sleeve
wide open takes very good care of his engines , i know , i work on them for him

who knows what is really goin on here

if you sent the engine back to wide open and let him look at it and make sure that whatever might be wrong with it wasnt caused by you and not him then i am sure wide open would fully refund your dinero
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Now if he had in his ad that the piston and sleeve had a scratch in it, I would of even wasted my time? And he's a stand up guy?
Old 06-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Where are those pics?? Maybe shoot a video.....
Old 06-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by All4BSpinnin
It doesnt matter, he never stated the front bearing was bad, if the front bearing is bad and the seller didnt tell me about it.. i would be getting a full refund from the seller.

If the bearing or anything else is bad and he didnt tell you, then he flat out lied about it. Nuff said.
Really? Hmmm. Like seriously? A front bearing can leak("go bad") sitting on the shelf. Actually if the guy is storing his engines properly, it should leak out some oil. Most likely after run oil. Hell, if a leaky front bearing made made an engine garbage and worthy of a refund, all of my engines should be in the trash can. Their front bearings all leak a little oil after storage for some time. They can also all be changed for $15 a piece with almost zero effort.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by houston
i can assure you 100% that the engine when sent from me to wideopenthrottlerc was in great shape , decent compression (definitely not new) , it had a rub mark from a piece of rubber or something on the piston and sleeve ( did not effect compression seal at all ) , i put new bearings in it front and rear (factory nova steel , single shield front) , all new orings , pretty much everything the bag said . i even threw on a king headz cooling head on it i had laying around for wide open .

unless the engine ingested dirt i dont see how the piston could go 1/4" through the top of the sleeve
wide open takes very good care of his engines , i know , i work on them for him

who knows what is really goin on here

if you sent the engine back to wide open and let him look at it and make sure that whatever might be wrong with it wasnt caused by you and not him then i am sure wide open would fully refund your dinero
Glad you chimed in here Monty. Sounds fishy to me.

Now if he had in his ad that the piston and sleeve had a scratch in it, I would of even wasted my time? And he's a stand up guy?
Rub mark and scratch are two very different things. How long have you been working on nitro engines? I bet it isn't longer than Monty has. If he says the rub mark isn't hurting anything, I'll go with that.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Glad you chimed in here Monty. Sounds fishy to me.

Rub mark and scratch are two very different things. How long have you been working on nitro engines? I bet it isn't longer than Monty has. If he says the rub mark isn't hurting anything, I'll go with that.
most people dont sell new in box 5 ports fro 120$

it was used and i am pretty darn sure it ran when he sold it , i would have certified the engine when i sent it back to wide open

you know what , send the engine to me and i will work on it for free , i will make it right for you even though you get on my nerves
Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

it was used and i am pretty darn sure it ran when he sold it , i would have certified the engine when i sent it back to wide open

you know what , send the engine to me and i will work on it for free , i will make it right for you even though you get on my nerves
Hahaha. I don't doubt one little bit that it was a running engine. With the kind of feedback wide open has, and the pics of a VERY clean engine. Sounds like the typical "I swear I didn't do it... It was like that when I got it" story. Once I heard the "it was running at 280" I was pretty sure who had hurt the engine.

Either way, I'm sure you'll get it fixed up. From what I hear you are pretty good at that.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Hahaha. I don't doubt one little bit that it was a running engine. With the kind of feedback wide open has, and the pics of a VERY clean engine. Sounds like the typical "I swear I didn't do it... It was like that when I got it" story. Once I heard the "it was running at 280" I was pretty sure who had hurt the engine.

Either way, I'm sure you'll get it fixed up. From what I hear you are pretty good at that.
Do you know what your talking about? Monty told me that the motor would run hot with that head. 280 or so. I still have the email if you want to see it.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=JAMMINKRAZY;7582820]Hahaha. With the kind of feedback wide open has, and the pics of a VERY clean engine.

Did you read the ad? He clearly states he ran the motor for "about 1/2 gallon". We all know what "about 1/2 gallon" means right?
You are right though about the feed back. That is why I thought it would be all good.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Ran, sure. Good for acouple more gallons? Definitely not.
Your offer is very nice, but my gripe isn't with you. You shouldn't have to make this right. I have to get a hold of a camera tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Ran, sure. Good for acouple more gallons? Definitely not.
Your offer is very nice, but my gripe isn't with you. You shouldn't have to make this right. I have to get a hold of a camera tomorrow.
i will take care of it for wide open , i do alot of work for him , not for you to worry about , if you want it fixed send it
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Hahaha. With the kind of feedback wide open has, and the pics of a VERY clean engine.

Did you read the ad? He clearly states he ran the motor for "about 1/2 gallon". We all know what "about 1/2 gallon" means right?
You are right though about the feed back. That is why I thought it would be all good.
Houston Tuned Novarossi P5X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I purchased this motor with around 3 gallons on it from a fellow racer and sent it off to Monty to be rebuilt and have only put around a 1/2 gallon on it since the rebuild. The bearings were replaced, all orings in the carb and the block were replaced as well as new shims and head bolts and a kingheadz cooling head. Monty did some mod work to it as well and this motor runs very strong, motor has lots of compression and requires some force to roll the piston over. Only reason I'm selling is I need to purchase a buggy motor, I'm pricing this to sell at $140 shipped via priority mail, for quickest response you can email me at [email protected] , often people are leary of purchasing used motors I will assure you u are getting a good quality motor from me. Thanks, any questions just ask.

heres the advertisement , it says he ran the engine for about a half of a gallon after he got it back from me and he bought it used
Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canberraphotos
i am going thur the same problem but the guy want $925 for it the body has no dents. and the interior is nice also but i dont think it worth that much......o k this is something for you to think of ...this is a 1995 acura couple and your is a few years back.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

How long did he have after you sent it back to him?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.