Nomadio Sensor Radio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nomadio Sensor Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

That's almost 200 grams lighter than my 3PK.... What a relief.... I have nerve damage in both arms and that radio gets heavy... hahahaha.....
Old 03-27-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

The transceiver is pretty large.

For comparison, the Nomadio transceiver is 50x33x22mm, while the Spektrum transceiver is 41.2x27x15.3mm.

Josh
Old 03-27-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Novaks' xxl 32.7 x 28.2 x 13.5
Old 03-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Speedo
The transceiver is pretty large.

For comparison, the Nomadio transceiver is 50x33x22mm, while the Spektrum transceiver is 41.2x27x15.3mm.

Josh
Oh well, I'll live with it... At least I'll never have to get to it to change channels or crystals....
Old 03-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was reading a thread about this somwhere else. and somone said

"it looks like one of those cheap electronic fishing games you buy at wallmart"

and that is so true

I'm sure the quality is there in the unit. But honestly it looks extremly cheap. And that 1 factor will actually keep some people from buying it. Besides I don't see this thing being any competion for the big 3

M8 track proven
3PK Futaba quality
Ko Helios ( which is the radio of choice right now)

all of these radios can use the spektrum technology for around 150 bucks. Which may have had a few bugs in the beggining but if Top level drivers are using them, they can't be that bad. I don't see spending all that extra money for a few features that I'd probably never use anyway.

$150 Spektrum for me.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If the transciever got smaller by ditching the telemtery options, I think it would help to put people off the fence.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Yes transciever without speed and temp would be just fine for electrics. I did some measuring and that trasciever would never fit in my NTC3 reciever box. Nomandio guys shink down that transciever!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedDesignz
I was reading a thread about this somwhere else. and somone said

"it looks like one of those cheap electronic fishing games you buy at wallmart"

and that is so true

I'm sure the quality is there in the unit. But honestly it looks extremly cheap. And that 1 factor will actually keep some people from buying it. Besides I don't see this thing being any competion for the big 3

M8 track proven
3PK Futaba quality
Ko Helios ( which is the radio of choice right now)

all of these radios can use the spektrum technology for around 150 bucks. Which may have had a few bugs in the beggining but if Top level drivers are using them, they can't be that bad. I don't see spending all that extra money for a few features that I'd probably never use anyway.

$150 Spektrum for me.
Just because it doesn't look like a "normal" radio makes it look cheap? Nomadio didn't want to just be just another radio, they wanted to set themselves apart from others. The current style of the controller was ergonomically designed so that it would feel good in the racers hands. Who races while looking at their controller?

I can guarentee that it will put up some competition for the current systems. With the option for the user to download off the computer, the possiblilities are endless, unlike other controllers that don't have the possibility to upgrade the software.

As for the cost:
3pk=$340
Spektrum=$150
Total=$490

Sensor=$499

The cost of the Sensor also includes the speed, voltage, and temperature sensors.

With this being said, who wouldn't pay the extra $10 for a ton of more features?

Last edited by rcguy2477; 03-27-2005 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcguy2477
Just because it doesn't look like a "normal" radio makes it look cheap? Nomadio didn't want to just be just another radio, they wanted to set themselves apart from others. The current style of the controller was ergonomically designed so that it would feel good in the racers hands. Who races while looking at their controller?

I can guarentee that it will put up some competition for the current systems. With the option for the user to download off the computer, the possiblilities are endless, unlike other controllers that don't have the possibility to upgrade the software.
I'm with you RCguy...Lets see Nomadio hit one out of the park and not end up like Multiplex with their 777.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

The Nomadio looks like an awesome concept. I think $499 for the initial price is reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped $50 after a few months, but even at $499, it is not far off from other high end radios + spektrum technology. I think Nomadio is really going to have to work on the transceiver however. Not only does it have a large footprint, it is tall. There is no way that behemoth will fit in something like an FK'05 or an RDX.

What will really make or break the Nomadio is what competing products recognized companies such as Airtronics, Futaba, Hitec, JR, and KO can release over the next six months. If a racer is looking into buying a new radio, chances are that he would go with a known brand, unless what Nomadio has is far superior to what established companies can release. I wouldn't mind seeing an actual picture of the radio. The computer generated images on the website look a little goofy, and some might be hesitant to spend $500 on a radio that might not be taken seriously because of the way it looks.

Josh
Old 03-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

I think it looks pimp! I bet it's comfy to hold. I'll get one when the wife-to-be allows me to spend the money. Look at it this way, you get "more reciever" for the money!
Old 03-28-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally posted by Soviet
I'm with you RCguy...Lets see Nomadio hit one out of the park and not end up like Multiplex with their 777.
I agree. The Multiplex radios should have been promoted instead of buried !! Shame on you Hitec !!
C'Mon Nomadio, we're routin' for you !! Time to give the big boy's a run for their money. Get these radios out there so people can "FEEL" the difference. And don't overlook what the racers are telling you about tranceiver size. These 400+ dollar cars keep getting leaner and no matter how good the Sensor may be, if it can't fit, we won't buy it.

Last edited by Evoracer; 03-28-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcguy2477

As for the cost:
3pk=$340
Spektrum=$150
Total=$490

Sensor=$499

The cost of the Sensor also includes the speed, voltage, and temperature sensors.

With this being said, who wouldn't pay the extra $10 for a ton of more features?
But remember most serious drivers already own one of these 3 systems. So it's simply just adding the Spektrum.

and if the transceiver would not fit in my RDX .... why bother.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

I dont own any of those systems. I have a three year old JR xr3i I race every week and I would consider myself a serious racer. (I'm not the fastest but I'm not the slowest either) I'm going to upgrade very soon. I dont like the buying stuff I dont need. You cant buy any of those systems without a reciever and a module. The only system I would even consider buying is the Futaba. $320+$150=$470. If Nomadio can shrink down that transciever I'm sold. In my mind having a new system is much better than a "patched" old one.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evoracer
And don't overlook what the racers are telling you about transeiver size.
We arn't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.