Old 05-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ortiz,

Do they nitro at that track as well?
Old 05-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yup, they run everything.... just finished having the Nitro State Championships this past weekend.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Regular

Ortiz,does your track spray down any type of traction additive?Do you race electric there?What car? You guys down there are lucky to have a track like that!
Old 05-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Nope, no additive as of now.

I run a G+. Been doing pretty good with it over there.. Considering i just got it about 2 months ago. I won the last club race(stock), so I am real happy with it

Yeah.. we are pretty lucky, we actually have two awesome asphalt tracks over here. And one of them will also be building an indoor carpet track in september. So we pretty much have it all covered.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

Ortiz,are they going to spray the track for the Nat's?Hows the traction at the club races?

Nice to here you like your Losi,P.M me with any questions you might have,I will be glad to help you out.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Ortiz,

How is the radio area there? Word was some folks have a problem with getting a clean signal there.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by MDawson
Im going to try to make it out to NC. If I get a chance I will try the setup on another car this weekend in Roseville. I have not seen the track in NC- is it mainly radius turns and open?
When are you coming down? Matt Francis will be out tomorrow testing so we should have a killer set up from him. I'm pretty happy with my current set up but Matt always has something better. See ya sometime this weekend.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by STLNLST
When are you coming down? Matt Francis will be out tomorrow testing so we should have a killer set up from him. I'm pretty happy with my current set up but Matt always has something better. See ya sometime this weekend.
Hi Clint,

Will be there tomorrow morning. Leaving at about 5am so I should be there before 11ish. Save me a spot would ya?

Looking forward to it!
Old 05-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Traction is great, so thats no problem.

There have been some radio problems, only happens when Electrics are running.So its kinda weird. Don is trying to take care of that problem.. I usually dont have any problems with my car.... but every once in a while I get a hit.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default chassis tweak

I just bought my G+ for about 2 monts, and have been using it for about 50 battery packs (modified).

Now my chassis already have a sign of tweak...and it's a very bad tweak. I try to level the car, by tightening the shock preload all the way down...but it still tweaked.

Checked all the suspension...and the shocks, all in perfect condition.

So...do I need a new Chassis

No hobby shope carry an extra chassis in my Country...

A.W
Old 05-13-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

ya if you have to adjjust the shocks that much to make up for the chassie tweek you need a new one. I remember when I had the new chassie it was perfect no changes needs at all then as time goes on
Old 05-14-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Mark D.,

The track is nice. It's 213x70 if I remember. The straight is located next to the drivers stand and has a (very) slight up hill grade to it. Do to the grade of the track some corners have a (very) slight bank to them.

I only took small radio hits right before the scoring both, and it wasn't every lap. Like Ortiz mentioned Don is working very hard to fix any issues before the week of the Nats.

Traction was pretty good, but I think some additive could help especially in the afternoon.

PM me if you have any questions.

Mark
Old 05-14-2003, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MDawson
Hi Clint,

Will be there tomorrow morning. Leaving at about 5am so I should be there before 11ish. Save me a spot would ya?

Looking forward to it!
You won't see this since you're on the road already but I can't make it out until Thursday so I'll just see you then.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: chassis tweak

Originally posted by Pembalap
I just bought my G+ for about 2 monts, and have been using it for about 50 battery packs (modified).

Now my chassis already have a sign of tweak...and it's a very bad tweak. I try to level the car, by tightening the shock preload all the way down...but it still tweaked.

Checked all the suspension...and the shocks, all in perfect condition.

So...do I need a new Chassis

No hobby shope carry an extra chassis in my Country...

A.W
Take another look at your shock shafts and make sure they are the same size left to right. I had my car stepped on and the chassis didn't take a tweak. There must be something very small that's making your measurements off.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

I agree with Stlnlst - the chassis is quite unlikely to be the cause of your tweak... unless of course it has been abused and is cracked... In the time I have owned a XXXS, I have never had or seen a chassis which is tweaked badly - the design of the chassis itself quite inhibits tweak.

Check all shock mounting screws... shock lengths (overall) to make sure that the L/R are the same on the front and rear.

Which tweak station or method are you using?? If you are using a tweak station - is the station itself quite out of balance?

Wilde

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.