Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmm...what is the best upgrade to do for the mrx-4? Sway bar upgrade, lightweight 2 speed shaft, light weight clutch bell... etc etcc looking to make a purchase.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nsupra
hmm...what is the best upgrade to do for the mrx-4? Sway bar upgrade, lightweight 2 speed shaft, light weight clutch bell... etc etcc looking to make a purchase.
Go to this site http://www.brooklynhobbies.com/index...TS&Category=47
Old 04-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool Long time no... race....

Hello everyone!

I've been away from the hobby for a few years now (switched to 1:1 scale motorcycles and steel shooting), but thinking to get back into it running 8th. Last summer when moving (SD to LA to now Irvine), finally got up on eBay and dumped ~20 cars (rash of nitro TC's, couple 235's, couple Vectors and MRX3's)... but held onto my backup MRX-3 and a 8th buggy just because. Anyways, still have all my 8th on-road gear, and just picked up a Spektrum setup for my R1 and a TT Nitro Ducati. Gettin' the RC bug again lately, so just wanted to catch up with everything.

Anyways, when I left, the MRX-3 was king, Mike Swauger (good to see ya' here) came over to the Mugen camp (God bless Ron Paris!), the Mugen guys (i.e. Tim and Robbie) had a lil' beef with Crystal (so everyone was switchin' over at Revelation with Dana), my lil' bro and I were pittin' with Rick (Steele?) and ... (sorry, terrible with names, it'll come back in time though), picked up my last 2 MRX-3's from Pepe Velez and ... (?doh!), some fast guys I remember were (besides those mentioned) were Darin Ishitani and the two guys that came out every month from Arizona (?), etc. etc. etc.

Got a couple of questions that I hope you guys can fill me in on:

1. Will Mugen USA still be supporting the MRX-3 for a while? (maybe Mike could answer this one)

2. How badly do I HAVE TO upgrade to the MRX-4R? I know, I know... but still...

3. Where's the cheapest place for foams nowadays, and personal transponders? (I'm like 10 minutes away from Ultimate)

4. Where's everyone racing at nowadays? BTW, anyone know if Dana is starting to run the nitro bikes (I heard a rumor; and because I don't want to drive all the way out to Sun Valley)?

Thanks a lot fellow Snake-Killa's (hmmmm... I still have a new Veteq shelf-queen hehehehe)!
Hope to be racin' with everyone again real soon!

Best regards,
Rich
Old 04-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

theres no longer beef between tim and crystal because hes no longer associated with mugen. crystal is the hott spot for those who run mugen like me. your mrx3 should be ok but after driving a mrx4r youll want to go and buy one.your best guess on tires is to find a overseas hobby shop with cheap tires unless you want to pay the 23 dolllar front and 28 dollar rear price. jus some answers for your questions.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Go to elitehobby shop at west covina for $37 a set
Old 04-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TweakRacer
Hello everyone!

I've been away from the hobby for a few years now (switched to 1:1 scale motorcycles and steel shooting), but thinking to get back into it running 8th. Last summer when moving (SD to LA to now Irvine), finally got up on eBay and dumped ~20 cars (rash of nitro TC's, couple 235's, couple Vectors and MRX3's)... but held onto my backup MRX-3 and a 8th buggy just because. Anyways, still have all my 8th on-road gear, and just picked up a Spektrum setup for my R1 and a TT Nitro Ducati. Gettin' the RC bug again lately, so just wanted to catch up with everything.

Anyways, when I left, the MRX-3 was king, Mike Swauger (good to see ya' here) came over to the Mugen camp (God bless Ron Paris!), the Mugen guys (i.e. Tim and Robbie) had a lil' beef with Crystal (so everyone was switchin' over at Revelation with Dana), my lil' bro and I were pittin' with Rick (Steele?) and ... (sorry, terrible with names, it'll come back in time though), picked up my last 2 MRX-3's from Pepe Velez and ... (?doh!), some fast guys I remember were (besides those mentioned) were Darin Ishitani and the two guys that came out every month from Arizona (?), etc. etc. etc.

Got a couple of questions that I hope you guys can fill me in on:

1. Will Mugen USA still be supporting the MRX-3 for a while? (maybe Mike could answer this one)

2. How badly do I HAVE TO upgrade to the MRX-4R? I know, I know... but still...

3. Where's the cheapest place for foams nowadays, and personal transponders? (I'm like 10 minutes away from Ultimate)

4. Where's everyone racing at nowadays? BTW, anyone know if Dana is starting to run the nitro bikes (I heard a rumor; and because I don't want to drive all the way out to Sun Valley)?

Thanks a lot fellow Snake-Killa's (hmmmm... I still have a new Veteq shelf-queen hehehehe)!
Hope to be racin' with everyone again real soon!

Best regards,
Rich
Go to sun valley tommorow run your 8scale ill be there tomm. around 2pm and couple guys too. hehe
Old 04-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Less then 30 a set for Jaco at Bruckners

http://www.brucknerhobbies.com/eightscaletires.htm
Old 04-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone tried using Speedmind 1/8 foam tires on there Mugen?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aluminati
Has anyone tried using Speedmind 1/8 foam tires on there Mugen?
i run speedmind 1/8 foam in both mugen and evolva...the front wheel pastic seems a bit softer and will deform sometime.........
Old 04-15-2006, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default engine cooling hole sin body..

guys does it make any diff if you cut out the whole area around the engine/tank from the body ?

instead of a hole for the tank/handle and another sperate hole for the engine/filter
Old 04-15-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanx.

Originally Posted by speedy100
i run speedmind 1/8 foam in both mugen and evolva...the front wheel pastic seems a bit softer and will deform sometime.........
Old 04-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

I bought a Mugen MRX-4R kit and while putting it together I noticed the front upper arms arn't arched like the other Mugen MRX-4 I have seen.

If you look at pictures on the internet, the arms are arched, but for some reason, the R uses the same old MRX-3 arms.

Any reason for this?
Old 04-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgsr
guys does it make any diff if you cut out the whole area around the engine/tank from the body ?

instead of a hole for the tank/handle and another sperate hole for the engine/filter
it made no different either 3 holes or 1 cut out hole........the car still handle the same........
Old 04-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fsturbo15
I bought a Mugen MRX-4R kit and while putting it together I noticed the front upper arms arn't arched like the other Mugen MRX-4 I have seen.

If you look at pictures on the internet, the arms are arched, but for some reason, the R uses the same old MRX-3 arms.

Any reason for this?
Hi Fsturbo15,

The MRX4-R Kits were patterned off the cars that Team Mugen Used at the 2005 Worlds... At that event, they mostly used bodies that are low in the front end for more frontal downforce. And with the MRX3 arms (being "not arched") allowed for more clearance between the Front Upper Arms and the body.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ron C.
Hi Fsturbo15,

The MRX4-R Kits were patterned off the cars that Team Mugen Used at the 2005 Worlds... At that event, they mostly used bodies that are low in the front end for more frontal downforce. And with the MRX3 arms (being "not arched") allowed for more clearance between the Front Upper Arms and the body.
But will this effect the cars performance for people not using low front end bodies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.