Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
Ah I've been having those problems everyone is describing, I thought it was just me. But the sensor wire seems fully plugged in?
Yah, it is definitely plugged-in properly. Sometimes I have to push extra hard then it will work a while. Do you also have the V2 motor?
Old 11-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Yes it's the V2 motor that came with it. It smells a little burnt up but still runs normally, could the sensors have gotten shorted?
Old 11-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seth556
Yes it's the V2 motor that came with it. It smells a little burnt up but still runs normally, could the sensors have gotten shorted?
If it's working fine, should be alright.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

No difference with sensor wire plugged in or not. I think the motor's sensors are burnt up. When I first apply power it stutters and it definitely seems slower than everyone else.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know what the default settings for this are or atleast what the LVC is (if ts even on)? The manual isnt very clear on this, I guess I should have gotten the program card.

Last edited by [amp]; 11-19-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Guys ... got a Cirtix Club Spec and a V2 13.5 motor .

Cant get the ESC to callibrate. Have tried TH in normal and reverse. It goes through the whole blinking lights for neutral , forward and reverse.

But when you turn the ESC back on after the orange light is on. The manual says no lights at neutral.

The servo is responding but no motor

Any ideas

Last edited by cannon; 11-20-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cannon
Guys ... got a Cirtix Club Spec and a V2 13.5 motor .

Cant get the ESC to callibrate. Have tried TH in normal and reverse. It goes through the whole blinking lights for neutral , forward and reverse.

But when you turn the ESC back on after the orange light is on. The manual says no lights at neutral.

The servo is responding but no motor
Any ideas
Dont need an answer now .. the ESC just went up in smoke

What a piece of cr#p.

Didn't even do a lap., Heaven help us as this is the control ESC for the TITC event in Thailand
Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

I have to say I'm beginning to worry about the quality and reliability of the Cirtix Stock Club combo. I have been waiting for Solara to finish his testing of it with the TQ Cells booster and a 1 Cell lipo; but in the meantime I keep reading posts like the one that cannon put up stating that he has had problems with his and that it burnt up on him. I have also seen similar posts on this thread.

I want to believe that the Cirtix Stock Club Combo is a quality unit at a killer price around $90, but is this a case of "too good to be true"? Please, someone help me out with this as my club has been planning on making this the "spec" combo for our pan car class, and we don't want to make an expensive mistake. I feel responsible since I'm the one who "sold" my club on using this combo instead of Novak or others.

Solara, or anyone else with experience with this combo please reply.

Thank you.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
I have to say I'm beginning to worry about the quality and reliability of the Cirtix Stock Club combo. I have been waiting for Solara to finish his testing of it with the TQ Cells booster and a 1 Cell lipo; but in the meantime I keep reading posts like the one that cannon put up stating that he has had problems with his and that it burnt up on him. I have also seen similar posts on this thread.

I want to believe that the Cirtix Stock Club Combo is a quality unit at a killer price around $90, but is this a case of "too good to be true"? Please, someone help me out with this as my club has been planning on making this the "spec" combo for our pan car class, and we don't want to make an expensive mistake. I feel responsible since I'm the one who "sold" my club on using this combo instead of Novak or others.

Solara, or anyone else with experience with this combo please reply.

Thank you.
It has been an interesting exercise here. I am attending the TITC event in Thailand in February next year. I am racing two classes and both classes are a controlled ESC and motor. One is the Cirtix Club Spec and Ultra Sportsman V2 13.5. The other is the Hobbywing Justock ESC and its matching 13.5 motor.

To date I have been using the Hobbywing one with no issues whatsoever. It is simple to set up and looks to be good quality. The SP on the other hand looks and feels cheap. The motor is a shocker compared to the HW motor. And as I said above the SP ESC would not callibrate and went up in smoke. From comments above it would seem that the sensor wire is overly sensitive in the SP as well.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, been using mine since summer with zero issues. Ran 17.5 RCGT outdoors, and now using it in USVTA racing for indoors.

No electronic device is perfect (look at any of the ESC threads on RCTECH), and sure at times it may be a defect and at others could be user error.

Jimmy
Old 11-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks guys for replying. We plan on using the 17.5 Cirtix Stock Club Combo.
I know that the guys who race at TQ Racing in Chino, California use that combo and apparently do well with it.

It's just that I have read a lot of posts from different folks with various problems ranging from issues with set-up to actual esc burn-ups and it gets me concerned. I agree that some of it is probably related to user mistakes.

I wish Solara would weigh in on this as he works for Speed Passion and usually posts on this thread. I also want to know if he has tested the 17.5 Cirtix Stock Club Combo with the TQ Cells booster and a 1 cell lipo yet as that is the combination we are planning on using.

Solara are you out there reading any of this?
Old 11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
Thanks guys for replying. We plan on using the 17.5 Cirtix Stock Club Combo.
I know that the guys who race at TQ Racing in Chino, California use that combo and apparently do well with it.

It's just that I have read a lot of posts from different folks with various problems ranging from issues with set-up to actual esc burn-ups and it gets me concerned. I agree that some of it is probably related to user mistakes.

I wish Solara would weigh in on this as he works for Speed Passion and usually posts on this thread. I also want to know if he has tested the 17.5 Cirtix Stock Club Combo with the TQ Cells booster and a 1 cell lipo yet as that is the combination we are planning on using.

Solara are you out there reading any of this?
I"ve been using it for a couple of months now. Works just ducky with a 2s Life to power the esc. I'd stop reading the negative posts (which in internetland will ALWAYS outnumber the positive) and get on with it.

You're right in one respect. the motor can has all the asthetic appeal of a 10.00 Mabuchi can. So what, it performs.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Question...

Can you use the power capacitor from the SP GT2.0 on the Cirtix SC without any issues?

Cheers
Old 11-26-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
As promised....I did build my Gen X with the 2S club spec along with the TQ BOOSTER (Thank you TQ BOOSTER for sending us sample for testing) installed and displayed that @ I-Hobby Expo 2010 in Chicago. Also displayed the USVTA edition of club spec ESC which got sold out almost everywhere....

It attracted alot of ppl asking about this low-cost speedo on 12th scale running with 13.5 motor setup, they are very much interested expecially when they know the cost of the whole combination (with the V2 motor of course). I just need to confirm it myself with real testing on carpet track to make sure the TQ booster does work with our 2S club spec unit. I will schedule myself to do this setup with our drivers here in Chicago.

Solara, Can you post a close-up pic of your VTA car. I want to see how you wired the esc in your TA05 car.
Thank you
Old 11-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by soloistrc
Solara, Can you post a close-up pic of your VTA car. I want to see how you wired the esc in your TA05 car.
Thank you
That TA05 pictured is actually my car. Unfortunately, I have it disassembled so I cannot get you a close-up picture. What question about the wiring to you have?

Jimmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.