Wiki Posts
Search

Boss RC Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Yes this was at the ROAR Nats. I ran with the Tekin 208 Spec Class Profile. My FDR was 3.91. I can try with the same gearing I used with the other brand motor I ran, which was 3.74 & see if I get the same results. The Nats is over now, so I will run my BOSS motor with ramping using Nate's setup he sent me.
What was the other motor and his was it physically configured ? What motor did the winner use (if u know)? I suspect motors with high end bell timing might be best unless if they fall off over the 6 (or 8) minutes.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Brian Shook took the win. Not sure what motor he was using. I ran an LRP-x12 and had the 1 dot for timing. And my FDR was 3.74. It came off the track at 170 deg. On the other hand Nate's motor was at full timing and was geared at 3.91 & was coming off at 130 deg. I was afraid if I geared it like the X-12 I might blow it up. Id hate to destroy a good motor. I'd rather save this motor when I run with ramping on it. No doubt it will be fast.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Brian Shook took the win. Not sure what motor he was using. I ran an LRP-x12 and had the 1 dot for timing. And my FDR was 3.74. It came off the track at 170 deg. On the other hand Nate's motor was at full timing and was geared at 3.91 & was coming off at 130 deg. I was afraid if I geared it like the X-12 I might blow it up. Id hate to destroy a good motor. I'd rather save this motor when I run with ramping on it. No doubt it will be fast.
The boss motor will handle 170f. Too bad u didn't just gear up a bunch
Old 08-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A BOSS motor can definately handle 170*F, I run my 13.5 right around 160 to 170 range almost every run. Which is a little high for my liking but the motor loves it. Also Nathan assured me it would be just fine, so I know it will be, he is one smart man.

It is good to hear all of the news from the nats. It is always good to hear fellow BOSS heads running good. I personally am gearing up for the biggest race on my outdoor dirt oval calendar the Kansas Dirt Oval Championship (KDOC). With a average car count of around 185 it is bound to be a great weekend. It all starts friday with practice, then saturday is the qualifiers, and sunday is the mains and trophy presentations. I am hoping with the momentum I have from winning last week in the latemodel class I can continue and bring home atleast one more trophy for the team. Since it is at the same track I run at all the time I feel pretty good. Wish me luck lol
Old 08-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good Luck Rev!!! Represent the BOSS Man!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

I have a question for you guys about speedo preference. I personally swear by speed passion, but am constantly having my attention drawn to tekin. I know a lot of my teammates run tekin, so I am looking at you guys for help/advice. What are your guy's opinions on the two speedos. The only problem I have with my speed passion gt 2.0s is that the throttle epa can't be turned down without causing a lot of heat and a possible smoked speedo. I have also heard that tekin's boost software runs motors cooler and faster than the speed passion 528, which is what I currently run. I am thinking of trying a tekin, so I am just looking for a little advice before I jump ship. Any help would be great, thank you.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Are the 17.5 Motors In stock??
Old 08-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JETT
Are the 17.5 Motors In stock??
Yes I have 17.5, 13.5, and 10.5's in stock and ready for shipment!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

One thing I will say on this subject is that here in northeast most guys run Tekin speed controls! Since that is the case there is a lot more track side support making it a little less frustrating when setting up speed controls! As far as temps go I have noticed a temperature difference between Tekin speed control and the SP 2.1. I have noticed a 30 to 40 degree temp difference between the two, tekin running motors cooler! I will say the 2.1 never put me in the danger zone so the heat difference as far as I'm concerned was irrelevant. With the SP 2.1 I don't know if the settings I was using was the right settings for me because of my personal lack of knowledge with them!

I hope this helps you a little bit.

Originally Posted by Revlimit
I have a question for you guys about speedo preference. I personally swear by speed passion, but am constantly having my attention drawn to tekin. I know a lot of my teammates run tekin, so I am looking at you guys for help/advice. What are your guy's opinions on the two speedos. The only problem I have with my speed passion gt 2.0s is that the throttle epa can't be turned down without causing a lot of heat and a possible smoked speedo. I have also heard that tekin's boost software runs motors cooler and faster than the speed passion 528, which is what I currently run. I am thinking of trying a tekin, so I am just looking for a little advice before I jump ship. Any help would be great, thank you.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you Nathan for the info.

Today was the final day of KDOC, it was a long weekend but had a really good time with my racing friends all three days! I had to race the B main in latemodel, where I couldn't seem to go one lap with out getting ran into by someone. I ended up getting broke with about 45 seconds to go. In EDM I qualified 5th for the a main, and ran pretty good but I just didn't have the handle on the new car good enough to keep up with the top guys, I ended up 6th. But considering there was about 30 cars in each class I think I did ok on the track. I also met some pretty cool out of town guys and a couple customworks team drivers that helped me with setups.

I also think I got Nathan some more customers. I let a national champion run my 13.5 on his tekin with the 208 software and he LOVED it! He wanted to keep it but I couldn't let it go. I gave him your number Nathan, and your website.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Just a quick note, I ran my 17.5 Boss all day twice between 190-200 deg. fer. and it is still ticking strong. Tough motor to let the smoke out of.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robsryd
Just a quick note, I ran my 17.5 Boss all day twice between 190-200 deg. fer. and it is still ticking strong. Tough motor to let the smoke out of.
I wouldn't suggest doing that though. These motors don't need to be run that hot to be fast.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Nathan you have an email. Can you give me a call when you get a chance I want to talk to you about something.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm running the 17.5 with an LRP SXX SS, and it doesn't get above 120F... and it's very very quick.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robsryd
Dont run it that hot. Mine usually runs in the 140-160 range and is super fast...Play with gearing and esc settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.