Wiki Posts
Search

TC5r handling issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny-b23

After that, start tuning spring rate and toe in. The rear toe setting seems a little aggressive to me
One last thing. I would suggest at least 0.5* of front toe out. It helps keep the car more stable on corner entry, and it seems to clean up any slop you might have after your suspention parts become a bit worn.
He only has 2* per side, most AE guys run 3* per side. And toe out in the front gives you more turn in, but less in the middle and out.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

too much traction maybe? try softer shocks, less chamber or go with harder tire compund

Originally Posted by RoosterXp
Hey guys heres what i have: TC5r, sorex 28s, tekin RS (203 program) and a 94362z servo- my issue is when i corner a lot of the time my car is on 2 wheels.. how can i get it to stay more planted?? I had 0 degree blocks in the front and this made it pretty twitchy on the straights and super hard cornering, I switched to 6 degree blockes and it tamed it down a lot in the straightaway but i dont have the cornering like i would like.. any ideas??

Last edited by Tag; 02-18-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you are running at Tri state hobbies which I think you are go to RC10.com and use Kevin Hebert last year vegas setup real good place to start for that track just probably end up doing minor changes for your driving style but it will be close.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

I would try changing your tyres, I had cs27's at my new club, tried everything but car hooked mid corner: answer talk to the fast guys- I put sweep 32 with my std set up and now I am flying.

I've found I like a harder tyre then tweak the set-up to get turn in,

hope you get sorted out..
Old 03-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Little update: i got my car to handle better, adjusted the droop, shock weights, shock oils, and rear toe. now when i come to a certain corner my inside rear tire actually comes off of the ground!! should i give stiffer springs a try??
Old 03-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

bump
Old 03-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

which corner, how much and how long? Sometimes it's not necessarily a problem unless it is effecting your speed or handling. You are already running stiffer springs than most so not sure that is the change to make. I had a similar problem, I asked Junior about it and he said his did too and to not worry about it.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

its the last corner just before the straightaway, Randy gave me some hints and he is able to hold almost full throttle from the turn around, around the last corner and all the way down the straight.. however i know hes been running for a long time and he has the experiece.. I have been driving the cars for over 12 years now and now i feel like a rookie!!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoosterXp
its the last corner just before the straightaway, Randy gave me some hints and he is able to hold almost full throttle from the turn around, around the last corner and all the way down the straight.. however i know hes been running for a long time and he has the experiece.. I have been driving the cars for over 12 years now and now i feel like a rookie!!
Randy lies, ha ha.. He is never full throttle for long. He has nitro finger. I will have to take a look next time we race.

Did you check your ride height after we removed the extra weight on the battery side? You may need to adjust that some.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default spinning turning right

i have set up my car and i have a problem..it wants to spin out turning right on a few corners...i turned the steering down on that side...i do have one more degree of toe in on that side would that make a difference...and how to you adjust toe in the rear...please help..i am new to the tc scene....3 degrees on left 4 degrees on right