2004 On Road Worlds Warm Up & Worlds At Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 On Road Worlds Warm Up & Worlds At Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, just wanted to say hi and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in sunny Orlando. Good job keeping everyone updated Adrian. Great to hear that we will be using Preglued TakeOffs. I spoke with Jorge the other day and things are really sounding great. He is doing everything he can to make this the best worlds he can. I hope everyone can make it. See ya soon.
Take care, Scotty
Old 04-05-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

I believe that is the initial qualifying list. Although I don't know how some people got into the Touring Worlds. HAHA. I am in the 12th Worlds list and will try to get into the Touring Worlds. Peace.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If your are not on the list and want to got to the Worlds you need to contact ROAR and petition to get in on your racing resume. You would have had to have done well at a ROAR Nats, in the Modified class, in the last 2-3 years or been a former Worlds participant to get in.

Email ROAR Administrator, Fred Howart for details:

Fred Howart
30872 Coast Hwy., # 111
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Phone: (949) 494-0515
Fax: (949) 494-3413
e-mail: [email protected]

Note that the Worlds Warm Up is a open race and anyone can go. It will be a great show and will draw more big name international drivers then the Snowbirds. There will be Stock and 19T classes at the Warm Up. The Worlds will be Mod only of course.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

JEEPNYY , you have already found our site . You can email me at [email protected] . Or you can reach me at Speedline @ 727-536-RACE , if you get the answering machine just try again .
Old 04-06-2004, 11:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
I belive I might be wrong. I think those are the people that are able to race.
Who knows - he just won the 2wd worlds, maybe he's shooting for another title.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Default Warm Up Practice and Post Race Running

There will be a club race on Sunday April 25th. $15 Entry, One Class Only, 2 heats and single A-Mains. The track will open at 8am on Sunday for the Club race.

The Track will no be open on Saturday the 24th.

We have had a lot of requests from teams asking if the track will be open after the warm up. The track is open at all times as there is no locked fence to keep people out. So yes it will be open for people to run on.

The tent and table/chair rental company will be picking up their gear on Monday and Tuesday so Jorge will be on site. We have decided to have a person on site to maintain the track and run the AMB system from Monday to Wednesday. Post Warm Up Practice will $5 per racer per day. The Person on site will Sugar the track in the morning,blow it off if there are any dust/litter issues and provide racers with timing sheets

Racers attending this open practice will have to be responsible for power, shelter, tables and chairs. We will have contact info for local rental companies that can provide this equipment to out of town racers on www.fullthrottlespeedway.com and here.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Can't Wait. Thanks Alot Adrian.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Adrian, will the track sugared for the Worlds?
Old 04-06-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can someone give us some info regarding the rules for the Worlds?

Is there a limit in turns and can anyone make combinations of different endbells with different armatures and motorcans?

Also lexan bodies allowed, which are they?
Old 04-07-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Greg - Yes, the entire track will be sugared for the Worlds.

IFMAR Rules can be found here: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ifmar/rulesindpg.htm

Read the General and the 1/12th-ISTC Rules.

You will find that ROAR follows most of the IFMAR rules very closely. This is good as we don't have to make a very big adjustment to run in an IFMAR event. On the flip side if you are a Bloc 4 (FAMAR, South America, Africa, Middle East) racer you are lost when you arrive at an IFMAR event. So next time you hear some one bagging on ROAR about following IFMAR's lead tell them to move to Brazil, Kuwait or South Africa and there they can run what ya brung!

John - here are the Motor Rules right from IFMAR's Website

4.3 MOTORS

Only IFMAR approved motors may be used. Approved motors must meet the following specifications and be commercially available four months prior to the World Championship. Availability requirements must be met at the time of submittal. Submittal deadline to be four (4)months prior to that year ’s event to be placed on that year ’s list.

4.3.1 Manufacturers must submit motors direct to a testing laboratory, the name and address of which will be supplied, on request, by the IFMAR Electric Section Chairman. Manufacturers will be responsible to pay all laboratory fees for testing. Upon receipt of laboratory confirmation from the manufacturer to the IFMAR Electric Section Chairman that the product meets all specifications and the Chairman is satisfied that all IFMAR availability requirements have been met the product will be included on the approved products list for use at WC events.

4.3.2 An approved products list of motors approved for use in the World Championships must be included in the race acknowledgment package sent to each competitor no later than two (2)months prior to the event.

Specifications:‘05 ’ sized displacements..

Can diameter to be a maximum of 36.02mm

Can length to be Maximum of 53mm measured from the mounting face of the motor to the furthest point not including solder, tabs or lead wires.

Shaft diameter is .125 inch. Production Tolerances allowed. Ceramic magnets only (cobalt and rare earth magnets specifically not allowed).

A minimum of 5,000 units must be available at the time of approval. A minimum of three hundred (300)motors must have been sold to at least three (3)distributors or hobby shops or OEM ’s at the time of submittal.

The manufacturer has to provide an address of a hobby shop or the like, that any driver who wishes to obtain these motors at the time of approval can do so.

Approved motors may be modified by re-winding, balancing, truing of commutators, epoxying, ball bearings, brushes and custom brush systems only.

No hybrid (mixing of parts from approved motors) allowed.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you!

Under section 6.7 there is reference to a approved body list... where is this list?
Old 04-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Default Motor and Bodies

I cant find an approved motor or body list on the IFMAR website. I will try to get this info ASAP and will post it here and on the Full Throttle Speedway website.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Adrian, you da' man!
Old 04-07-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Motor and Bodies

Originally posted by AdrianM
I cant find an approved motor or body list on the IFMAR website. I will try to get this info ASAP and will post it here and on the Full Throttle Speedway website.
me either I have the Rules here and Im reading everything. Im trying help these people out but i can't seem find anything. All i saw was the motor has to be out for a 4month before the worlds were held. And Must of sold a Certain amount of them to become legal. Correct me if im wrong
Old 04-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey greg what sedan you runnin these days still the tc3??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.