Too many stock motor choices

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too many stock motor choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, knowing my dad I woun't be down there for another month or two.....1) I'm not quite sure when the next R/C Car race at Speedworld is, he doesn't drive so its hard to get places outside a 5-7 mile drive 2) My dad's cheap ass would probably make my job-less ass pay the ROAR membership somehow....lol
Old 04-19-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I got email from the SIB guys about there motor. They state that the MVP ran too hot for there technology to work. That kind of worried me since if the MVP ran too hot and your technology failed, what would happen if the other motors got hot , would your technology fail. the MVP with the original brushes will get hot but work fine since the magnets are so strong.

I have since had a chance to test my MVP and P2k Pro. The MVP easily has more power than the P2k Pro motor with the big jim tuned brushes. It is however finicky as far as gearing goes. I run 48 pitch gears in a sedan so it probably would be better with 64 pitch but at this time I don't run the MVP that much ( my class is 19T, MVp was for if I go to some track that has only stock ).

I think the MVP is a great motor if you do the tricks big jim recommends and the magnets will last longer. The P2k2 is the best motor so far that big jim has tested, I believe it put up the best numbers he has had but the MVP I believe is the most consistent motor and the Magnets last longer, so I think that is why he recommends them.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

No way, the mvp with the original 766 brushes sucked imo(unless you gear the hell out of it on a large track). Put some 767 brushes in and it's alot better. As far as gearing, it is a bit of a pain in the arse, especially when you have a tight infield with a long straight(you learn to take the inside line down the straight).
Old 04-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

fatdoggy is one smart pooch!
Old 04-24-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

woops, bump!.

do you have to solder capacitors on the monster stock?
i find that such a pain in the ass
Old 04-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

They have surface mounted caps on the circuit board on top the endbell. So no need to solder on caps.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet. thanks for the quick reply