Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Too many stock motor choices >

Too many stock motor choices

Too many stock motor choices

Old 03-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys heres my 2 cents monsters seem to be da best for on-roadin and hellfire seems to be the best off roader cuz of its massive torq power
Old 03-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tim you would be fast with a silver can tamiya!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

I have tried a regular P2K2 pro and had it tuned by a guy at our track and now it is just as good as my Team Paradigm Monster, either way I would stick to one of these two
Old 03-23-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Once you cut the brushes and put an hour or so into the Mvp it IS fast.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i recently had the monster in my xray, it seemed kinda slow, and after awhile i didnt like it, i tried the p2k2 it was pretty good, and i tried the mvp gave nice rpms. The Green Machine is self explainatory, HIGH RPM. I also liked the Epic Binary, that is a quick motor.
But in the end i ended up cutting the monster, 767 brushes and red and green(i think) may have been purple springs, and it was amazing.
I am going to do some trial and error with the other motors, cutting,brushes,spring etc. I get back to you on it. But i am recommending the Monster as of now.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Hmm, Rc tech's track is sometimes very technical, so I would GET BOTH the Monster Stock and the P2K/P2K2, which ever you perfer. I find that the P2K is very easy to drive when its your first time out there. Loads of acelleration, (when geared right) and enough to keep up with the guys on the straight.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Too many stock motor choices

Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
Im trying to decide on a modified stock motor for a tight track with a short straightaway.

Ive been looking at Team Paradigm's Monster Stock and Yokomo MVP, Fast Forward's Tomahawk Stock, and Team 1 R/C's Monster stock. I can't decide on which one to get

Which one do you guys prefer? All of these motors I picked obviously has a lot of torque, which I need for my track.
JDXRAY and I have done similar mods with the Monster Pro. Love them 767 brushes. But I consider the Monster to be high RPM and not so high on torque.

Looks like all kinds of good input...Back to you DOMOisCOOL.

See you on 1st and 3rd Tuesday night at RC Tech...he, he...

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 03-23-2004 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool

Quit wasting your time and money on low tech motors.
S I B Prosilver motors will give you excellent
performance and you won't have to wet nurse
them, cut the comm and change the brushes.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

SIB stock motors are illegal at any ROAR track.....and even most non-roar tracks.

Your one of the first people I have ever seen have something good to say about them. There are multiple posts on other forums with complaints of the diodes falling off....

Later EddieO
Old 04-18-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

i would go for the monster and the p2k2 motors
Old 04-18-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

I think the Epic Binarys are very fast but it's all personal preferance
Old 04-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

IMO The Monster seems to be somewhat hot. I like the power of the Orion but it really doesn't have a good powerband which kinda sucks. I basically use my throttle finger to steer. I've been hearing Hellfires have some good midrange power and I'm having a bit of trouble distinquising upper mid-range from top end on my monsters. Sometimes I try to squeese the throttle more but realize I'm already there I can't get anymore stock motors for a while (cause my dad thinks if its good then its good enough....poor way of thinking IMO)

lol....just wanted to post this....I left my radio on by mistake and it just started beeping at me, displaying 0 volts on the screen. I turn it off and think...if its 0 volts my cells are f'ed so I turn it back on and it reads 7.2v...I just put them on the charger but I was thinking to myself I've been meaning to cycle those NiCds for a while anyway
Old 04-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by The Black Kat

lol....just wanted to post this....I left my radio on by mistake and it just started beeping at me, displaying 0 volts on the screen. I turn it off and think...if its 0 volts my cells are f'ed so I turn it back on and it reads 7.2v...I just put them on the charger but I was thinking to myself I've been meaning to cycle those NiCds for a while anyway
Old 04-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I'm going to have to put in another vote for the monster. They aren't too picky with brush combinations, and they offer a great torque/rpm mix. They are one of the easier motors to tune I have found also.

Just my $0.02!

-etzkev
Old 04-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
My XS3 starts beeping when it gets down to 9 V.

Missed you guys at RCCAR today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.