Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

I will try and post some pics later too. I changed mine up and used some pivot balls with longer screws and mounted the ball cups where the waterfall screws already exist. Allows battery to go further rearward.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Laker67
Thanks Guys! They are just in the design phase right now, but I should hopefully have something in the next week or so to test with. I need to find out how they fit and what body will work on them before people start getting them. Soon though.....
If you keep the same shape as the old ones, just add in ridges to hold shorty and beef up the sidepods material and rigidity, should eliminate the need for the turnbuckle mod for stiffness??
What ya think??
Thanks for working on this!!
Old 05-23-2016, 11:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks Guys! They are just in the design phase right now, but I should hopefully have something in the next week or so to test with. I need to find out how they fit and what body will work on them before people start getting them. Soon though.....
I'm with Cain. When you figure out pricing I would like a set for sure. If pre paying helps you out I will have no problem with that.

Thanks
Brian
Old 05-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

+1 . Check your pm Laker67 as I think I would like to go that route.

Okay, so back to a bit more discussions on setup, Right now the two vehicles I have are a dex210v2 for my daughter and a dex210v2 Plan B for myself. Talking to the Plan B manufacturer he says to just run the vehicle in mid condition regardless of track conditions, so I am going to run with that and work on setup.

My daughters vehicle I am thinking of leaving in mid configuration as well but it will have the standard pack style setup but with a shorty. Now mind you, I have weights, etc I can check on the rear to get more grip. I am wondering if I should look into putting on the 4 gear setup for her by default.

Another driver who I length a dex210v2 to at the time (or whatever it was) ran it in the loose conditions I have commented on from my last race in mid configuration and was lighting it up, so I think she will be good to go, but I am curious.

Also, I am assuming at one of the tracks I'll run at it will have the stock class we did indoors. I don't know for sure though. What items do you find you set that stay common going from stock 17.5 to mod (8.5 max)?

I'll finally get to use some of those yellow wheels I "love" so much, on her vehicle lol.

Lastly, anyone recall what the fix is for the binding case issue short of a new case?
Old 05-23-2016, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Lhd/rhd

I've been running the dex210v3 for about 5 months now and only recently noticed that the durango drivers (amezcua and jp) run theirs in right hand drive. I run a mm3 left hand drive setup. Can someone tell me the difference and benefits/cons of each please?
Old 05-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
If you keep the same shape as the old ones, just add in ridges to hold shorty and beef up the sidepods material and rigidity, should eliminate the need for the turnbuckle mod for stiffness??
What ya think??
Thanks for working on this!!
Cosmetically, I'd prefer it that way but I'm guessing it wouldn't be as stiff as what you'd get with the turnbuckles or the stock sidepods. I wonder how hard it would be to design a new waterfall piece that could go over the battery.

Laker, if you're looking for someone to test the sidepods, let me know. I can print them out at work.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
+1 . Check your pm Laker67 as I think I would like to go that route.

Okay, so back to a bit more discussions on setup, Right now the two vehicles I have are a dex210v2 for my daughter and a dex210v2 Plan B for myself. Talking to the Plan B manufacturer he says to just run the vehicle in mid condition regardless of track conditions, so I am going to run with that and work on setup.

My daughters vehicle I am thinking of leaving in mid configuration as well but it will have the standard pack style setup but with a shorty. Now mind you, I have weights, etc I can check on the rear to get more grip. I am wondering if I should look into putting on the 4 gear setup for her by default.

Another driver who I length a dex210v2 to at the time (or whatever it was) ran it in the loose conditions I have commented on from my last race in mid configuration and was lighting it up, so I think she will be good to go, but I am curious.

Also, I am assuming at one of the tracks I'll run at it will have the stock class we did indoors. I don't know for sure though. What items do you find you set that stay common going from stock 17.5 to mod (8.5 max)?

I'll finally get to use some of those yellow wheels I "love" so much, on her vehicle lol.

Lastly, anyone recall what the fix is for the binding case issue short of a new case?
With mid motor, just remember to pay attention to tire selection on the loose tracks. For the past few years I have run mid motor (other brands) without issues outdoors. 4 gear will be better for outdoors as it will shift more weight to the rear on acceleration.

For setup I have found that if a setup works, it doesn't really matter what motor I put in it. I have been running my V3 in MM3 configuration with a 7.5T in it and switched to a 17.5T for a couple of bigger races and did better than I could have imagined with my old dedicated "stock" car that had all of the lightweight parts and high end bearings.

For the transmission binding, it really just takes patience. I spent about an hour on the transmission case on my DEX210V3 to get it right (once the gears were broken in). I ended up using finer shims on the top shaft and removing all of the shims for the differential in order to get it to roll free. The kit directions are very much just a guide. Pay special attention to how tight you are tightening the transmission case screws. If you find that they are tight and there still seems to be binding, don't be afraid to use some 0.1mm shims (I personally use 1/8 scale clutch shims) between the halves of the transmission to get it to roll free.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Cosmetically, I'd prefer it that way but I'm guessing it wouldn't be as stiff as what you'd get with the turnbuckles or the stock sidepods. I wonder how hard it would be to design a new waterfall piece that could go over the battery.

Laker, if you're looking for someone to test the sidepods, let me know. I can print them out at work.
Yeah, that might work out! I did have a bit of a hang up last night though. Apparently I scheduled a Windows 10 update a while back and shorty after I posted the side pod design the update happened. Now Solidworks 2014 won't work with the new OS so I have to get my hands on the 2015 version. I'm working on that now so hopefully I'll be able to finish up the design this week.

Also, I can make the pods to look however you guys want, so if everyone likes the stock design I can go that way. I just though about narrowing it up so there might be more body options, so you guys let me know what's preferd and I'll move that direction.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:23 PM
ekt
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vujkovicv
I've been running the dex210v3 for about 5 months now and only recently noticed that the durango drivers (amezcua and jp) run theirs in right hand drive. I run a mm3 left hand drive setup. Can someone tell me the difference and benefits/cons of each please?
Do you mean MM4 vs MM3? Here's an article from TD that explains some of the differences between the layouts http://www.team-durango.com/ttt-arti...rticle_id=4472

Yeah, that might work out! I did have a bit of a hang up last night though. Apparently I scheduled a Windows 10 update a while back and shorty after I posted the side pod design the update happened. Now Solidworks 2014 won't work with the new OS so I have to get my hands on the 2015 version. I'm working on that now so hopefully I'll be able to finish up the design this week.

Also, I can make the pods to look however you guys want, so if everyone likes the stock design I can go that way. I just though about narrowing it up so there might be more body options, so you guys let me know what's preferd and I'll move that direction.
Have you tried right clicking on the program icon and using the 'troubleshoot compatibility' option? It's allowed me to run older programs before
Old 05-24-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thanks for the info on the tranny cases.

Yeah I'll have to play with those. To confirm you are running shims "in" the cases between the case halves where the screws go through to "space the case" I guess for a lack of a better term?

I do back the screws off etc right now and can get it feel about right, but wouldn't mind a better option than doing that if possible even if that involves shimming the case.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

No, I mean difference between left hand drive and right hand drive.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cain
thanks for the info on the tranny cases.

Yeah I'll have to play with those. To confirm you are running shims "in" the cases between the case halves where the screws go through to "space the case" I guess for a lack of a better term?

I do back the screws off etc right now and can get it feel about right, but wouldn't mind a better option than doing that if possible even if that involves shimming the case.
Yes, "space the case." Play with internal shimming first, though. When I ran another brand we would sometimes end up with 0.2mm of shims between the halves of the transmission and a thin bead of silicone caulking or permatex at the seam to keep dirt out.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vujkovicv
No, I mean difference between left hand drive and right hand drive.
I've never heard of that term before regarding an RC car layout. Could you post pictures for clarification?
Old 05-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bdyche
I've never heard of that term before regarding an RC car layout. Could you post pictures for clarification?
I think he is talking about the direction the motor is pointing.

That occurs whether your running 4 gear or 3 gear in your transmission.
Not a preference of motor position. Go to the Durango website and look at the different configurations. Changes handling characteristics.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

notice the position of the motor plate. Its a tuning option on our cars. kinda hard to miss. I know all about mm3,mm4, rm3 and 4, but this is something completely different. what im thinking is it reverses the way the motor spins and more weight will transfer to the back for more forward bite if its in right hand drive.
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-20160524_145330.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.