Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC
Paul,
I was wondering if a 3mm right hand nitrite rotating shaft attached to a left hand Teflon coated rotating hub, cause too much kinetic energy rotational dissipation in the structural molecular composition of the main power source heat build up?
I think i might unsubscribe now
Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Paul..quick question. 1 degree rear toe for snowbirds on the T3? Is that right?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default XII link snowbird 2010 setup

Hi Paul,
I had a look at your XII setup and you used different springs on the car...
Whats the Xray kit side spring equivalent compared to the diffrents AE springs rating. Is it softer or harder than the blue [Blue 5.63lb]?
And can you email me your BMC kopropo profile you guys were running at the snowbird?

email: [email protected]

Cheers
Didier L

Last edited by ds400; 02-08-2010 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Paul,

Piggybacking from the guy who asked about mounting lipo batteries, is it better to have the battery as far inside the car as possible and use more weight to balance the car or is it better to stick the battery out and use less weight?

I ask because it is impossible to fit a larger battery on my T2 soI have to stick it out as it won't go underneath the bulkhead - I was thinking it might be a good idea to get a 008 with lipo pads so I can mount the lipo more inwards.

What do you think?

Also, in the case where the car steers well and generally feel good, what do you focus on setup-wise to get more cornering speed? Basically I'm about 7/10s off the fast lap at my track and I can't seem to get the car to go any faster.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Paul- What's your take on inboard toe vs outboard toe? Most set up's have all the toe inboard but different degree hubs are offered and are rarely used.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Paul, what weight tray are you using with the T3? I see you have it posted on your setups on the Xray site
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul

What tire compound do you use (rubber tire on asphalt) and do you have a certain amount of time you like to leave it on? If you can't say what it is can you tell me what it rhimes with?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Paul, Jason wanted to thank you for all the help.

Here he is with Eric and the "Holy Crap" trophy after his win in the Hurricane series.

Thanks again for your help, Keith Jason and Cindy.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Could somebody of using hyperion 720I series charger could tell me which balance adapter fits TP5000 lipo, please?

In fact I saw that balance adapter in sites which said for TP has just 3 pins in the 2-3s instead 4 pins in the TP5000 40C, could somebody explain me what could i do, please?

Best regards
Old 02-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mac853
Could somebody of using hyperion 720I series charger could tell me which balance adapter fits TP5000 lipo, please?

In fact I saw that balance adapter in sites which said for TP has just 3 pins in the 2-3s instead 4 pins in the TP5000 40C, could somebody explain me what could i do, please?

Best regards
http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?us...P-B&price=6.75
and you will need the cable also

http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?us...EXT&price=4.25
Old 02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kghills

Here he is with Eric and the "Holy Crap" trophy after his win in the Hurricane series.

Awesome trophy. That's something for him to tell his friends about cause he cant show them unless they come over to the house. That thing is HUGE!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by ThunderPowerRC
OK, thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Awesome trophy. That's something for him to tell his friends about cause he cant show them unless they come over to the house. That thing is HUGE!!!!
The guys who put on the Hurricane series really did a great job. All the tracks the series went to were first class, the racers and racing was excellent. Aside from the biggest trophies anyone had ever seen, they had a drawing at the end of the series with tons of great prizes. It will be something Jason will remember the rest of his life. We are thankful to Paul for the help in allowing Jason to be competetive in his first year of racing.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Gravity RC

IM back from the winternats in florida. sorry for the wait.

Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid
Paul..quick question. 1 degree rear toe for snowbirds on the T3? Is that right?
HI, no thats not right, i had one deg outboard but it was just over three total.

Originally Posted by ds400
Hi Paul,
I had a look at your XII setup and you used different springs on the car...
Whats the Xray kit side spring equivalent compared to the diffrents AE springs rating. Is it softer or harder than the blue [Blue 5.63lb]?
And can you email me your BMC kopropo profile you guys were running at the snowbird?

Thanks
email: [email protected]

Cheers
Didier L
yes i did run the associated blues, the kit springs are a little stiffer than the blues. The kit springs are really good but i wanted somethinmg a bit softer for that track.
Honestly i have no clue where i ran my speedo i dont have the software or anything. I would call them and get the set up for yours.

Originally Posted by Dane
Paul,

Piggybacking from the guy who asked about mounting lipo batteries, is it better to have the battery as far inside the car as possible and use more weight to balance the car or is it better to stick the battery out and use less weight?

I ask because it is impossible to fit a larger battery on my T2 soI have to stick it out as it won't go underneath the bulkhead - I was thinking it might be a good idea to get a 008 with lipo pads so I can mount the lipo more inwards.

What do you think?

Also, in the case where the car steers well and generally feel good, what do you focus on setup-wise to get more cornering speed? Basically I'm about 7/10s off the fast lap at my track and I can't seem to get the car to go any faster.

Thanks!
HI, if their is no weight limit i would stick the battery out to ballance the car and run the car as light as possible. i get the car up to to weight then figure out where the battery needs to be for the chassis to be ballanced.
i have a Hyperdrive thin weight tray on my car now, I heared that xray is doing one that is totally adjustable so im waiting to see that one.

normally if my car feels really good and im slow i look at power and tires. power if its a stock class. if you race non spec rubber tires it could easilly be that, I have had tires that feel fine but are just .5sec off per lap for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Paul- What's your take on inboard toe vs outboard toe? Most set up's have all the toe inboard but different degree hubs are offered and are rarely used.
I like to run 1deg outboard toe a lot, i think that the little bit of outboard toe makes the car roll over the rear a bit more that just inboard. normally outboard toe gives less entry corner steering and more exit steering. but yes most all rubber set ups use all inboard toe, i guess because it should have the best forward traction with all inboard.

Originally Posted by matt rem
Paul, what weight tray are you using with the T3? I see you have it posted on your setups on the Xray site
Right now i am running the thin Hyperdrive plate.

Originally Posted by Wonton
Paul

What tire compound do you use (rubber tire on asphalt) and do you have a certain amount of time you like to leave it on? If you can't say what it is can you tell me what it rhimes with?

Thanks
That is such a hard question for me because i race electric asphalt so rarely that i normally copy someone that is willing to share what they are using. But in my experience i like Trinity tire tweak when the track is really hot and buggy grip when the track is cool. tire tweak i just rub in and let it dry for 30or so min. and buggy grip will dry by itself very fast. but i know that their is a lot more out their that works really well.

Originally Posted by kghills

\

WOW, That is awesome. Bigger than any trophy that i have.
Great job!!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul L
WOW, That is awesome. Bigger than any trophy that i have.
Great job!!!!!
I cannot tell you enough about what a positive experience this has been for Jason and myself. For us to just step into the hobby and receive so much help and assistance is truely a credit to the others in this hobby and people Jason races with. Thanks again Paul, hope to see you soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.