Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 5italkart
can't belive the colection some of those guys have. imagine if they could talk too some of the people we are fortunate too race with.
This stuff is Awesome! I can't believe how much of it I've used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for finding this stuff, Matt!!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
This stuff is Awesome! I can't believe how much of it I've used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for finding this stuff, Matt!!
i love searching for this stuff.............isnt it past your bedtime Ned??...........how'd the knee operation go??
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Ned, you comin for the midwest or the last club race?..........Ted was yellin' at me yesterday at the track cause he said the pan cars running in the Midwest race was for me??/......my old junker Associated car is not sorted well enough yet.......the Motonica Burlings(x 2) will eat my lunch and dinner...LOL.....II put a Flash in his pan yesterday at the track..........CAN YOU SAY STOOOOOOOOOOPID..............
Old 09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Pan Car Body Order

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
That just means you need to get a big order going. Maybe make a thread about a group buy in vintage bodies and limit it to a total of 20 bodies. Once you hit 20 bodies you place the order.
Good suggestion, II!

If my math is correct (probably isn't so check me out) right now it's about $40usd for the body x 20 = $800usd + $70usd for shipping = $870usd for 20 bodies shipped. SO $43.50usd each.

I'll keep track of the orders and we'll go by the time/date on the post for the 20 piece cut off. Maybe a limit of 2 bodies per car until everybody has a chance so it may help to post "No thanks, for now at least" so we can let guys like Jeff and Matt get more if they need to.

Any htoughts??

Ned
Old 09-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Stuff

Originally Posted by Taylorm
i love searching for this stuff.............isnt it past your bedtime Ned??...........how'd the knee operation go??
Operation is next week, the 13th. that's why I want to come for the MWS since it's before...but the knee has been been really sore the last few days, and I was thinking of chickening out. But I talked to Lon tonight and after reading this stuff, I'm gonna really try to show up! This stuff is really fun!

Ned
Old 09-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Good suggestion, II!

If my math is correct (probably isn't so check me out) right now it's about $40usd for the body x 20 = $800usd + $70usd for shipping = $870usd for 20 bodies shipped. SO $43.50usd each.

I'll keep track of the orders and we'll go by the time/date on the post for the 20 piece cut off. Maybe a limit of 2 bodies per car until everybody has a chance so it may help to post "No thanks, for now at least" so we can let guys like Jeff and Matt get more if they need to.

Any htoughts??

Ned
i want 2 of the 911's http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...i&l=eng&id=597 ..........hopefully we could get enough guys to order 1 or 2 each
Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taylorm
i want 2 of the 911's http://www.deltaplastik.it/index.php...i&l=eng&id=597 ..........hopefully we could get enough guys to order 1 or 2 each
OK, I'm in for 2 also, Toyota Celica and Porsche 917-30 (may change if we go to all GT type bodies).
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Default "Official Pan Car Body Order List"

((((NEED 7 MORE)))))

This will be the running list, when we get to 20 we'll figure out how to get the money and finalize everything.

Matt 2-Porsche 911 (1085)

Ned 1-Toyota Celica (0093)
1-FORD Capri (s0709)

Lon 1-FORD Capri (s0709)
1-Lancia (s0623)
1-Ferrari 1/12 (0708)

Joe P. 1-Kroll (0087)
1-Porsche 917 (

Jeff W. 2-Mercedes AMG (s0705)
2-Lola Ford T610 (s0708)

NEXT.........................

Last edited by aarcobra; 09-07-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: add
Old 09-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2 MORE

Put me down for 1 s0709 Ford Capri and 1 s0623 Lancia Beta Montecarlo.
This is going to be some sort of fun with these bodies. If the order doesn't fill up, I'd like to add to my list.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

It's been awhile since I picked a body because I liked it, instead of how well it works.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
It's been awhile since I picked a body because I liked it, instead of how well it works.
Goosh after your comment I can't even think of a time when I picked one because I liked its looks better than another body. Even back to the merc. bodies I ran on my 2wd car I thought it looked good but it was on the car because I felt it worked the best. I would have been 14yrs old then. I will have to think about this for awhile and get back to you.....
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2056dennis
hold on there das 1/8th mopar the new esc with boost started that class and then you guys got into our class , in which you guys felt like you could not compete ,,, and that was and is bs there was several drivers running the stock setup and was there at the end of every race so if you guys would of worked on your cars and got them to handle better it would have been alot more fun for the rest of you guys , so please stop putting the blame on the ones that started that class and just realize that some of you did not want to put the effort forward to make your cars faster ( other then useing zipties to get ride height and tape on the front wheel )

Admittedly my Dad and myself came into the class late. We started racing with you guys last fall. At the time your 6K dollar (just joking) sprint car was ill handling and far from sorted out. So we had some really good races going on. The fastest lap times for the top 5 guys where all in the same tenth of a second and races where won and lost by mistakes. Enter Dave B, and your car getting dialed in at about the same time dave's car really got dialed in and you two had speed on the field now. You guys where .200 faster than the non-boosted guys but it was still good racing. The biggest advantage I saw you guys had was you could make a little mistake in a corner and then use your motor to suck right back up to the pack. If I made a mistake which I do alot it might take me the rest of the race to catch back up if at all. Now Dave and Brent had a really good race going one day. (I recall this because Brent and I talked about it after the fact.) Dave would run up on Brent using his motor in the straights but couldn't pull off a clean pass because brents car handled better in the corners. Brent fought hard to hold dave off for the whole race but ended up getting passed at the end of the straight on one of the last laps. To me that was Dave winning by spending money. Nothing wrong with that I guess since the rules don't ban the use of boosted ESC's but I do feel it took away from the spirt of the class. In the end if everyone spends another 250 bucks we are all right back to racing dead even again. Why not just save the 250 bucks and race dead even just 0.200 slower? The super close racing is what brought me to the class in the first place.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Lurker ALERT!!! Code Red!!!