Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steve UK
To clarify a little for you.
The 11th digit in the long number is 6, the 11th adjustable parameter with on board programming is brake end point which default value is 10=100% of brakes available, as 6 is the 11th number in the long number I gave you enter the value of 6 light flashes in the 11th parameter, this will allow you 60% max brakes at full stick travel. This gives much nicer feeling brakes over the full stick travel but still more than enough to stop quick. If you check which of my 17 digit numbers are different to the grey ones in the instructions , you'll be able to work out which you need to adjust.

I hope this makes things a little clearer for you.

Steve
HELP !

I do not understand at all what you told me . Well, I kind of understand what you explained about the 17 digits, but I'm trying to program the ESC via novalink - like 80 % of the users I guess.

The example you gave me about parameter 11 is inconsistent with what is told in the novalink.

In fact there is THREE inconsistent information sources : What you told me, what the novalink displays and what the kinetic manual says.

1) The novalink says

Brake End Point( BEP) set at 60% means 100% of my max brake with only 60% trigger throw.

2) Steve UK says :

BEP at 60% means 100% of the throw (travel) with only 60% max brake, same as setting the EPA on my TX.

3) kinetic manual says

BEP at 60% means BOTH 60% of the throw to reach max brake and 60% max brake.

I triple checked every single source of info to ensure I wasn't misunderstanding anything, I even took the time to draw every 3 possibilities with abscissa and ordinates ( X-Y) and I am 100% sure I am not missing anything.

Sooooo who do I believe ? We tried to call novak but my friend's phone doesn't seem to allow him Us calls, and we're out of the Tech Hours anyway. It's 9.30PM here so we can't wait. Could someone help us real quick?

Could you point us towards .cfg files that we could just upload in the ESC ?

Remember, we are only looking for a starting point in a small size indoor carpet track, rubber TC, 10.5...

The FDR is already set at 7.5, but the values you (Steve UK) gave us do not mention what to set for timing level, boost delays, etc... and I still don't understand what values to set for timing RPM start, RPM max... start 4000, max 20000 maybe ?

Thanks for you time and effort ! We really need you here, the race starts in less than 24 hours!

Maxime
Old 10-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Initiate

heretic,

You have pm,

please also send me a youtube link to a vid of the track you will be attending, if there is one, so I can get a feel for the style of circuit.

Steve
Old 10-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
HELP !

I do not understand at all what you told me . Well, I kind of understand what you explained about the 17 digits, but I'm trying to program the ESC via novalink - like 80 % of the users I guess.

The example you gave me about parameter 11 is inconsistent with what is told in the novalink.

In fact there is THREE inconsistent information sources : What you told me, what the novalink displays and what the kinetic manual says.

1) The novalink says

Brake End Point( BEP) set at 60% means 100% of my max brake with only 60% trigger throw.

2) Steve UK says :

BEP at 60% means 100% of the throw (travel) with only 60% max brake, same as setting the EPA on my TX.

3) kinetic manual says

I triple checked every single source of info to ensure I wasn't misunderstanding anything, I even took the time to draw every 3 possibilities with abscissa and ordinates ( X-Y) and I am 100% sure I am not missing anything.

Sooooo who do I believe ? We tried to call novak but my friend's phone doesn't seem to allow him Us calls, and we're out of the Tech Hours anyway. It's 9.30PM here so we can't wait. Could someone help us real quick?

Remember, we are only looking for a starting point in a small size indoor carpet track, rubber TC, 10.5...

The FDR is already set at 7.5, but the values you (Steve UK) gave us do not mention what to set for timing level, boost delays, etc... and I still don't understand what values to set for timing RPM start, RPM max... start 4000, max 20000 maybe ?

Thanks for you time and effort ! We really need you here, the race starts in less than 24 hours!

Maxime
Try this with you FDR, don't forget to turn the boost on via the NovaLink. ......A crap pm me your e-mail, I can't do a attachement.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

I sent both of you an email !
Old 10-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
HELP !

1) The novalink says

2) Steve UK says :

3) kinetic manual says

Maxime
Follow the manual
Old 10-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

help, help HELP please....

At the Timezone race running 1/12 scale with the ballistic and 1s esc. with the boost turned I have a huge lag off the corners, I have the delay set to its lowest point of 100ms, any suggestions would be helpful,

It does seem to be a little faster with the boost turned off but still is a dog off the corners, I just lowered the timing level 35 and turned the boost back on. Novak recommends a very close ramp 2000 -4000 with 1s and it does seem to work better. I'm using 2000 to 4500 but the lag on the bench is still there.

thanks.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by skypilot
help, help HELP please....

At the Timezone race running 1/12 scale with the ballistic and 1s esc. with the boost turned I have a huge lag off the corners, I have the delay set to its lowest point of 100ms, any suggestions would be helpful,

It does seem to be a little faster with the boost turned off but still is a dog off the corners, I just lowered the timing level 35 and turned the boost back on. Novak recommends a very close ramp 2000 -4000 with 1s and it does seem to work better. I'm using 2000 to 4500 but the lag on the bench is still there.

thanks.
Make sure the current limiting is off
Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

current limit is off,

so what seems to be working is a rpm range of 2000 - 7500, 45 degrees of timing, and no boost. not the fastest but its working and I can keep up with some. now I need to tweek these settings and gearing. But mains are in the morning and I'm not messing with it till the race is over.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

skypilot-

i hav been trying to get my kinetic up to speed as well in 1s 1/12th with no good results to post. Boost off has been the best w/35 degrees timing in esc and motor timing on motor two marks back. still slow off corner..3.12 rollout.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

motor temps at limit or very close to it after 1st round, lowered timing to 45 (was at 50 not 45 as previously posted) and went up one tooth. roll out at 62.88
Old 10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

motor ran cooler dropped approx 10+ degrees but lacked speed, probably should have gone up a tooth or two more. still learning.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Suspended

motor ran cooler dropped approx 10+ degrees but lacked speed, probably should have gone up a tooth or two more. still learning.
One thing I forgot until after the fact is try decreasing the drive frequency
Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

yep, did that.

I got the punch i needed, I just need to work on the car and me. thinking about it, I might go with a 50 degree base timing setting drop a tooth or two and turn the boost on and spread the rpm range from 2000 - 6850 up to 2000 to 8500
Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Suspended

yep, did that.

I got the punch i needed, I just need to work on the car and me. thinking about it, I might go with a 50 degree base timing setting drop a tooth or two and turn the boost on and spread the rpm range from 2000 - 6850 up to 2000 to 8500
In offraod we're getting the best laptimes decreasing timing and increasing pinion and playing with the other settings available on the Kinetic with novalink.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

2s off road, completey different then 1s on road, heck, I've got my 2s on road car flying, but 1s doesn't accept the same setting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.