Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official VP Pro USA Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RT3
Cool, I'll be placing an order for some of the other goodies on your site. Do the wings come with any decal sheets?
Yes, a large decal sheet.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by olegeezer
Why did they quit selling premonted tires on spoked rims?
Too many complaints that VP-Pro offered too many choices. Now they only have white and yellow dish premounts like everyone else so it is simple.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like my VP-PRO wings cant wait to try some VP-PRO losi parts..
Old 01-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
Gene This is Matt Duke with The Race for Make-A-Wish and i want to thank you and Vp-pro USA for all your help with this event I recived he box yesterday. I will also get youll pic from the event as well> Once again thank you all very much.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
If anyone ever has a problem or finds a mistake on the website, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. The website has only been online for 8 months now and new items and features are being added every month, so mistakes in weight or prices are bond to happen.

Marcus, what did you order? UPS calculates the shipping costs automatically based on weight of the package, VP-Pro does not have any control over shipping costs. And USPS and UPS both raised their shipping costs and fuel surecharges this month for 2010. If it was a small order you can select Priority mail for only $7.99. And if it is a light order, you can select 1st class snail mail for only $2.99. Please let me know or check the site again and I will see what I can do to help if there is an error on the site.

Thanks,
Gene Hickerson
VP-Pro USA
Cool thanks, I found the shipping today. I am also going to try the new tires you came out with. Do you have any idea what will work at the nitro pit. I can tell you Truhe TQ last year with Bowfighters in M3 with the front outside lugs cut off and Maifield won with 7's. This year it looks like Losi eclipse green is very fast. I was looking at your tires and the new Axman looks good, I also like the Condor but Calibers in buggy just dont work but the 4.0 in Truggy rocks. What tires would you guys try and how is the ultra flex is it super soft. Thanks.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
Cool thanks, I found the shipping today. I am also going to try the new tires you came out with. Do you have any idea what will work at the nitro pit. I can tell you Truhe TQ last year with Bowfighters in M3 with the front outside lugs cut off and Maifield won with 7's. This year it looks like Losi eclipse green is very fast. I was looking at your tires and the new Axman looks good, I also like the Condor but Calibers in buggy just dont work but the 4.0 in Truggy rocks. What tires would you guys try and how is the ultra flex is it super soft. Thanks.
If M3 Bowfighters work, Try VP-Pro Ultra Flexx Axoffs (Cutoff front/Axman Rear). And cut off the outside and inside row on the Cutoffs. If Losi Eclipse works, us VP-Pro Wider Ultra Flexx Axman mounted on standard wheels. If you want longer wear for the A-main event, use Medium Flexx. Ultra Flexx is like an M3/Green/super soft. Medium Flexx is in between a M2 and M3. Low Flexx is like a M2.

For Truggy, use Medium Flexx Turbo Trax - they work everywhere, every time.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

OK, now that is some great information Gene. I received my order of tires the other day and am extremely impressed with the ultra flex compound. It feels a little softer than an m3 to me and the Axeman and Condors look to be a great design.

I have heard nothing but positive things about the Axoffs(Cutoff front/Axman Rear), will give all the combinations a try in a couple weeks
Old 01-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default rims

thanks for the info, what does putting V3 (wide) tires on V2 (Std) rims do this is one thing I have never tried? All I can picture is a balloon look. Thanks
Old 01-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the info, what does putting V3 (wide) tires on V2 (Std) rims do this is one thing I have never tried? All I can picture is a balloon look. Thanks
Yes, V3 Bow Tires fit V2 wheels also. The Proline team guys have done that at races where ROAR rules are followed and wide tires are not legal. I have been doing it with wide Turbo Trax, Cutoffs all last year. The wide Axman fits even better because it is low profile and not as wide as the wide Cutoff & Turbo Trax.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Racing Caps now in stock at VP-Pro USA!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Caps

Gene,
Love the hats.What sizes of hoodies do you stock? I'd like a xxxl.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

CHEEHOOO! I just ordered a set of tools, bulldogs, condors! cant wait to get them!
Any idea if and when any new truggy tires coming out?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Wow I just got my rims in the mail and they are small. I put them up against my AKA and V2 rims and they are way smaller, I put them up against some 5 year old Mugen rims and they are that size, Bummer!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Wow I just got my rims in the mail and they are small. I put them up against my AKA and V2 rims and they are way smaller, I put them up against some 5 year old Mugen rims and they are that size, Bummer!!!
Yes, the VP-Pro wheels are a few mm smaller diameter then Losi/AKA/V2 wheels. VP wheels were release by VP Racing in 2006, but the VP-Pro tires are designed for them and fit them perfect. If you put VP-Pro tires on the larger wheels you have to streach them and the foam on, and it makes the tire flatter. I have not compared them to Mugen wheels but they are taller and wider and lighter then the old proline velocity wheels. I have not tried to mount proline or aka tires on VP wheels, but I would guess they would be a little to tall and big for them. VP-Pro tires are small/light weight/low profile tires. And the wheels are much lighter then losi/proline/aka wheels. And they fit my Losi 2.0 with no clearance problems.

I have heard that VP-Pro is working on an all new wheel - no details yet though but it should be V2 size - maybe even wider. The new Condor and Bull Dog tires are slightly larger then the 801-805's and will fit larger wheels better. Anyone here ever have a problem using the smaller diameter VP-Pro wheels on your buggy?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Also, V3 tires will not fit VP-Pro wheels. But the wider VP-Pro tires do fit V2 wheels good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.