Wiki Posts
Search

Best car for 300.00 or less

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
$300 and below and prefer Tamiya.....very easy to answer.

TA05 Series (TA05R or TA05-IFS-R) for $300 you can even get some BLING for it....and if your friend say TA05R or TA05-IFSR is for newbie or no way to compete with $500 carbon fiber cars...they know absolutely nothing.

I don't need to say too much about this car...it can be indoor or outdoor, asphault or carpet, from stock to mod...like 1 car fits all.

I don't think TA05MS is worth it (with the carbon fiber chassis)...may be you should buy the TA05 Version II and spend the rest of the money for the Tamiya shocks and other blings.
Agreed, if you really wanna stay with Tamiya(& there's certainly nothing wrong in that, I'm a loyal Tamiya guy myself) & can't find a good used car like a newer 415 series, Evo or 416, then I'd go for the TA05 ver.2. The '05 has been nicknamed the "Plastic Fantastic" for a reason, possibly THE most versatile & competitive car for its price point you'll ever find, & with access to so many upgrades(including many it has in common with the 416), it can compete at VERY high levels, & a driver can upgrade it as his own skills develop(so it's good for a beginner, & its capabilities can grow with the driver's). I have one myself(been running it in some 17.5 rubber classes), & I LOVE it, good grip & VERY easy to drive. DEFINITELY a credit to the line.....
Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Partial to Tamiya? Under $300? Go for a TA05R. My TA05 balances out pretty good with lipo. Mine is 1414g race ready. So I need to add a few grams to make it legal at 1420g. I'm sure I could lighten it up more if need be. TA05 Ver.II is another nice car. Can't wait to see a "R" version of that.