Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Does anyone make a brushless speedo for 1s lipo? >

Does anyone make a brushless speedo for 1s lipo?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone make a brushless speedo for 1s lipo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Does anyone make a brushless speedo for 1s lipo?

I've looked, LRP, Tekin, Novak, and Orion. All of these mfgs make a speedo that require a minimum of 4.8v

1S lipo has been around for some time now and has been used already in 1/12th and world GT and yet no one makes a speedo for it?

I know they make a receiver battery pack to get around the BEC issues and there is also a voltage booster/ regulator that does the same thing thats not the issue. The problem is, how are the brushless speedos able to function on 3.7v 1S lipo if they're minimum rated voltage is 4.8V? Wouldn't this damage the speedo in the long term?
Old 08-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I've looked, LRP, Tekin, Novak, and Orion. All of these mfgs make a speedo that require a minimum of 4.8v

1S lipo has been around for some time now and has been used already in 1/12th and world GT and yet no one makes a speedo for it?

I know they make a receiver battery pack to get around the BEC issues and there is also a voltage booster/ regulator that does the same thing thats not the issue. The problem is, how are the brushless speedos able to function on 3.7v 1S lipo if they're minimum rated voltage is 4.8V? Wouldn't this damage the speedo in the long term?
The Tekin RS has a 1S setting and works on 3.7V. It does require a booster or receiver pack. Novak is coming out with a 1S soon and has the booster built into it. Most of the others will work with a receiver pack or booster installed also.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=YR4Dude;6265367]I've looked, LRP, Tekin, Novak, and Orion. All of these mfgs make a speedo that require a minimum of 4.8v
QUOTE]
Look again at novak; they make one 1s Havok and it comes with a booster installed for better servo, transponder action.
E
Old 08-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default New Novak Havoc

I think the new 1S Havoc with the booster built in from Novak requires a motor that has a functioning temp sensor so it must be run with the Novak motors or something with the temp function.

----------Mitch
Old 08-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Company Representative

here is a link to our upcoming Havoc 1S products, customized for single cell racing:

Novak's Havoc 1S System
Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I run an Associated 12r5 with a Mongoose speedo with a 10.5ss(yes the 540 can) on a single cell with no booster with no problems. I set the esc on Nihm setting so the low voltage cutoff wouldn't kick in.

Try it with out the booster first. I have one in my box but haven't needed it.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey, Maxey, it is me Carlos from the SA group. You all are running 12th scale up there in Austin? Oh, yeah, I am running the GTB 4-cell with a Losi Micro T battery pack in my 12r5. But I hae also ran it without it as well on 1s lipo.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Hey, Maxey, it is me Carlos from the SA group. You all are running 12th scale up there in Austin? Oh, yeah, I am running the GTB 4-cell with a Losi Micro T battery pack in my 12r5. But I hae also ran it without it as well on 1s lipo.
Hey bubba. We run a bucket class (12, 14 and 18th scale all together) we don't have enough for a class by its self. Maybe this winter.

Tell all the SA guys we say what's up bubba.