Wiki Posts
Search

Subaru Body for tc4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Subaru Body for tc4?

I drive a wrx, and now that my local onroad series has fallen apart I would like to turn my tc4 into a model of my real car. Im looking for a clear 04-05 body that will fit my tc4 chassis, or an 08 body. Preferably I would actually take both since my friend drives an 08 and my car is an 04. Also, any of those Gold BBS look alike wheels to put on them as well would be nice. This is just going to be a driveway driver so Im not worried about performance just the look and the fact that I can keep a 1/10th version of my car in my real car to screw around with! Thanks guys.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice real car, I have one too.

Heres 2 different 04-05 wrx style hpi bodies on this page.
http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/190mm/
Old 07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Tamiya have also done a number of Impreza bodies over the years, with the correct gold rally wheels too (although the offset may be wrong for a TC4 with them).
Old 07-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also have a 2004 WRX, I just finished cutting out and painting my HPI body this weekend for my TC3. The body and graphics look almost real and the fit looks pretty good. I havnt had time to mount it yet but I'm sure it will look good!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Sweet deal. Ill have to get the HPI one. I want 190mm for the tc4 correct? Also, I saw on tower there is a kit that comes with an 08 body. I wonder if you can get that body seperate?

Painting mine to match will be real easy. Just need a nice can of aspen white

Happy to see some other subaru guys jump in here. I really love these cars. Handle like a dream, especially with my new set of H&R coil overs
Old 07-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ya mines blue with black wheels so I just painted mine blue and then had to hit my TC3 wheels with a sharpie for like an hour but when I get it mounted I'll try to post up a picture of them side by side or something. I didnt use all the rally graphics and all that I just used the stickers for the lights and grilles and everything so it looks just like mine. The only thing is the body comes with the big STI shopping cart handle wing for the rear so I'm going to try to slick something up to make it look more like my WRX wing. And yes you want 190mm, mine was $26.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Sweet deal. I'm gonna get on that. Now I have to find some wheels. I would probably not put the wing on if it is a separate piece. Mine is going to get a solid white spray and then just use the same stickers you did. Dont really want to rally graphics all over it.

My car is white with Rota Tarmac 3s 18x8 in full rally sports bronze.