Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Which 17.5T Brushless??? So many in the market. >

Which 17.5T Brushless??? So many in the market.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 17.5T Brushless??? So many in the market.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I have run the hacker, novak, lrp, DUO, and redline motors. Of all those the hacker and the lrp have performedthe best, but I also found that both run a touch warmer so for outdoor use I run the novak. Those are my top three
Old 07-15-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

What car? Type of track? What gearing? What temps?
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

For 17.5 Trinity is da bomb.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Could you guys atleast give some more detail? Like what other gear you run please

I dont think there is much between the motors. I recon each motor has its sweet spot and you just need to find it. Even two of the same brand motors will be different right?!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the days of a 'common' gear ratio are gone w/these modern electronics and the latest programming. nowadays we already see guys runnin in 17.5 who are doin 3.6 all the way to 4.5:1 depends on ur speedo and settings moreso now !!!!!

R
Old 07-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
the days of a 'common' gear ratio are gone w/these modern electronics and the latest programming. nowadays we already see guys runnin in 17.5 who are doin 3.6 all the way to 4.5:1 depends on ur speedo and settings moreso now !!!!!

R
Couldn't agree more.

Most motors come with a suggestible gearing, but it really depends on the speedy you are running.

I have run Losi, high gearing, Trinity Pulse (dont try, they are quick initially but they drop their windings and magnets) Trinity Duo v2 are great, need to be geared low, and at the moment I'm running a LRP with mid gearing on a med size (12-15 sec lap) track and I'm very happy with it.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

I have a Tekin redline 10,5 and I love it.
I have also a Speedpassion and a LRP X11 10,5.
The LRP is also good. The Speedpassion is not a good motor.

The Tekin is a faster than the LRP motor.

We get maby also a 17,5T class and a 13,5T class. I want both and from both a Tekin.
Also I will go from 5 cell to Lipo.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Novak will be shipping the Ballistic Spec 17.5 motor by the end of July. Completely rebuildable, (various length replaceable sensor harnesses), infinite timing adjustments, replacement/upgrade parts always available:
That's good news!!!

I had asked about a 17.5 version of the Ballistic at the RCX show and was told there were no plans for anything above 8.5 which baffled me as it seems like the market for 10.5, 13.5, and 17.5 is much bigger than the low turn motors. After that I dismissed buying one.

I am in the market for a 17.5 and maybe I'll wait to see if the 17.5 ballistic materializes.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by decibels
to me you would have to get either a speed passion or a novak or a duo my preference is duo then novak then speed passion duo is now proven to be fast. the novak wont let you down but be careful of the sensor wire as if you damage it you will have to throw out the motor! and the speed passion will run a tad on the hot side so a bit annoying in summer!!

Not true. Novak sells replacement sensor wires for the SS Pro motors on their website. You will need some soldering skills, but its not above any regular person.

Shawn.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Not true. Novak sells replacement sensor wires for the SS Pro motors on their website. You will need some soldering skills, but its not above any regular person.

Shawn.
i've heard of someone trying that but he said the motor was not the same afterwards. jave no idea why but they are not a dodgy person so don't know it's just a hassle as well./ but don't worry i run the novak 17.5 and quite like it i'm happy to take the risk!!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Company Representative

We sent the Ballistic Spec motor press release out on Tuesday, and will begin shipping by the end of this month.

The direct replacement sensor harnesses that we offer were designed for the new Ballistic motors, not the earlier Velociti, SS Pro, Crawler, Drift, HV Pro, etc motors. They work as replacements for all sensored motors, AFAIK.

When the info is on-line, I will post the link. The primary difference between the Ballistic Racing and Spec motor versions is the color coded inserts that designate the winds.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We sent the Ballistic Spec motor press release out on Tuesday, and will begin shipping by the end of this month.

The direct replacement sensor harnesses that we offer were designed for the new Ballistic motors, not the earlier Velociti, SS Pro, Crawler, Drift, HV Pro, etc motors. They work as replacements for all sensored motors, AFAIK.

When the info is on-line, I will post the link. The primary difference between the Ballistic Racing and Spec motor versions is the color coded inserts that designate the winds.
What's is also very interesting about the new Novak motors are that you can just buy a different strator instead of buying a different motor.

From Novak's site:

"Novak's Ballistic Spec Brushless Motors 10.5T – 21.5T (#3610 - #3621) are completely rebuildable, right down to the hardware. In fact, only one motor is necessary to compete in all spec class races. Simply pick your class of choice, and install the necessary color-coded, hand-wound stator. Each stator includes a factory-installed insert that easily identifies the number of motor winds.

This next-generation spec motor series contains an easy-to-adjust timing assembly, are built to ROAR/IFMAR specifications, boast a removable shielded sensor harness and contain a 12.3mm nickel-plated sintered Neodymium rotor."
Old 07-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Will the Novak also be EFRA approved?
Old 07-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Company Representative

We will obtain the same approvals as we had for the other motors. I believe the motors are at ROAR for approval now.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We will obtain the same approvals as we had for the other motors. I believe the motors are at ROAR for approval now.
Can you give use some sort of insights regarding the performance of the new ballistic 17.5 motor vs the older 17.5 SS Pro? Any particular gains the new motor has over the previous one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.