Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Trying to decide on a new brushless motor.... >

Trying to decide on a new brushless motor....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to decide on a new brushless motor....

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Trying to decide on a new brushless motor....

I have Novak now and i love it, but if something is better i want to get it. Im running a 13.5 in a XRAY T2009 on carpet. Im looking at either speed passion, LRP, Orion, tekin , or another Novak. Any Suggestions?

I tried posting under "radios and electronics" but noone but one person responded.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good Luck i asked the same thing not to long ago and got nothing
Old 07-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It depends on what motor you are running. From what I've hear and see LRP SPX and Tekin RS Pro is best for stock. For Modified LRP TC, Speed Passion Version 2.0

I personally prefer novak they are dependable ESC might be old technology but it can still get the job done. Cough, cough novak where is the new Speed Control????

Not really a big fan of BLUE....
Old 07-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What is your definition of better? Faster on a small track, faster on a big track, most durable, lightest, easiest to solder??? At my local track (150 X 75) we have Tekins, Novaks and Trinity's that everyone seems to have running about the same speed.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've had great luck with High Velocity's Duo based motors. I'm a little behind on what "the" motor is this season, but the Duos are fast enough for me.

Ben
Old 07-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
What is your definition of better? Faster on a small track, faster on a big track, most durable, lightest, easiest to solder??? At my local track (150 X 75) we have Tekins, Novaks and Trinity's that everyone seems to have running about the same speed.
I need something that is fast on a short track...
Old 07-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
I've had great luck with High Velocity's Duo based motors. I'm a little behind on what "the" motor is this season, but the Duos are fast enough for me.

Ben
best motor ever:ti re:
Old 07-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Company Representative

If you are not in a big hurry, wait for our soon-to-be-released (July) Ballistic Spec wind motors. These new motors incorporate many new features (including adjustable timing) and significantly update the original Novak motors.

All spec motors must be built to ROAR specifications. Therefore, there is very little difference among them. Our new Ballistics are completely rebuildable----even the wound stators:

Brushless has gone Ballistic!

All of our BL motors (and escs) can still be speedily replaced for a fixed price through our Service Options Program
Old 07-10-2009, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RFALLON
I have Novak now and i love it, but if something is better i want to get it. Im running a 13.5 in a XRAY T2009 on carpet. Im looking at either speed passion, LRP, Orion, tekin , or another Novak. Any Suggestions?

I tried posting under "radios and electronics" but noone but one person responded.

GM PRO STOCK 13,5T star wound
http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=97294

Old 07-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I prefer the LRP X-11, Tekin Redline, or DUO line of motors.

The con for the DUO motor is trouble getting replacement rotors.

A pro for the LRP motors is some optional motor plates and cooling options, several rotor options, as well as optional ceramic bearings.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
If you are not in a big hurry, wait for our soon-to-be-released (July) Ballistic Spec wind motors. These new motors incorporate many new features (including adjustable timing) and significantly update the original Novak motors.

All spec motors must be built to ROAR specifications. Therefore, there is very little difference among them. Our new Ballistics are completely rebuildable----even the wound stators:

Brushless has gone Ballistic!

All of our BL motors (and escs) can still be speedily replaced for a fixed price through our Service Options Program
Is this a mod or stock? I want a 13.5
Old 07-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am in the same situation at the moment but all the uick guys at my club are running the GM 13.5 bt i would like to try the LRP or the new Novak

can you change the rotors in "stock" class ???
Old 07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

im really considering a speed passion or another Novak at the moment.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by RFALLON
Is this a mod or stock? I want a 13.5
We will be shipping our Ballistic Spec 13.5 motors later this month. Press release including photos and all info will be available next week. The spec versions will offer all of the rebuildable features of the Ballistic mod winds.

Novak also offers a comprehensive line of service items and accessories on line for all of our products. You never have to wonder whether you will be able to locate a needed part.

Novak Accessories

Some other companies claim to make service items available, but it is often very difficult to locate them. We even offer accessories for discontinued products.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
We will be shipping our Ballistic Spec 13.5 motors later this month. Press release including photos and all info will be available next week. The spec versions will offer all of the rebuildable features of the Ballistic mod winds.

Novak also offers a comprehensive line of service items and accessories on line for all of our products. You never have to wonder whether you will be able to locate a needed part.

Novak Accessories

Some other companies claim to make service items available, but it is often very difficult to locate them. We even offer accessories for discontinued products.
thanks alot mann. Where will i be able to get the motor at? what website?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.