R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default Trying to decide on a new brushless motor....

I have Novak now and i love it, but if something is better i want to get it. Im running a 13.5 in a XRAY T2009 on carpet. Im looking at either speed passion, LRP, Orion, tekin , or another Novak. Any Suggestions?

I tried posting under "radios and electronics" but noone but one person responded.
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
Wicksy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bendigo
Posts: 688
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Good Luck i asked the same thing not to long ago and got nothing
__________________
That'll do donkey, That'll do.
Wicksy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,372
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

It depends on what motor you are running. From what I've hear and see LRP SPX and Tekin RS Pro is best for stock. For Modified LRP TC, Speed Passion Version 2.0

I personally prefer novak they are dependable ESC might be old technology but it can still get the job done. Cough, cough novak where is the new Speed Control????

Not really a big fan of BLUE....
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

What is your definition of better? Faster on a small track, faster on a big track, most durable, lightest, easiest to solder??? At my local track (150 X 75) we have Tekins, Novaks and Trinity's that everyone seems to have running about the same speed.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I've had great luck with High Velocity's Duo based motors. I'm a little behind on what "the" motor is this season, but the Duos are fast enough for me.

Ben
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
What is your definition of better? Faster on a small track, faster on a big track, most durable, lightest, easiest to solder??? At my local track (150 X 75) we have Tekins, Novaks and Trinity's that everyone seems to have running about the same speed.
I need something that is fast on a short track...
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I've had great luck with High Velocity's Duo based motors. I'm a little behind on what "the" motor is this season, but the Duos are fast enough for me.

Ben
best motor ever:ti re:
__________________
Mike Adamec
TEAM HACK-HACK OR BE HACKED
Trackside Hobbies
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

If you are not in a big hurry, wait for our soon-to-be-released (July) Ballistic Spec wind motors. These new motors incorporate many new features (including adjustable timing) and significantly update the original Novak motors.

All spec motors must be built to ROAR specifications. Therefore, there is very little difference among them. Our new Ballistics are completely rebuildable----even the wound stators:

Brushless has gone Ballistic!

All of our BL motors (and escs) can still be speedily replaced for a fixed price through our Service Options Program
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
Tech Addict
 
Stein Tumert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway (Oslo) / Germany (Hamburg)
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFALLON View Post
I have Novak now and i love it, but if something is better i want to get it. Im running a 13.5 in a XRAY T2009 on carpet. Im looking at either speed passion, LRP, Orion, tekin , or another Novak. Any Suggestions?

I tried posting under "radios and electronics" but noone but one person responded.

GM PRO STOCK 13,5T star wound
http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=97294

...
__________________
Stein Tumert
Tamiya TRF, Sanwa M12, SpeedPassion, Much More, LRP
Stein Tumert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

I prefer the LRP X-11, Tekin Redline, or DUO line of motors.

The con for the DUO motor is trouble getting replacement rotors.

A pro for the LRP motors is some optional motor plates and cooling options, several rotor options, as well as optional ceramic bearings.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
If you are not in a big hurry, wait for our soon-to-be-released (July) Ballistic Spec wind motors. These new motors incorporate many new features (including adjustable timing) and significantly update the original Novak motors.

All spec motors must be built to ROAR specifications. Therefore, there is very little difference among them. Our new Ballistics are completely rebuildable----even the wound stators:

Brushless has gone Ballistic!

All of our BL motors (and escs) can still be speedily replaced for a fixed price through our Service Options Program
Is this a mod or stock? I want a 13.5
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:54 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i am in the same situation at the moment but all the uick guys at my club are running the GM 13.5 bt i would like to try the LRP or the new Novak

can you change the rotors in "stock" class ???
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #13
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default

im really considering a speed passion or another Novak at the moment.
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFALLON View Post
Is this a mod or stock? I want a 13.5
We will be shipping our Ballistic Spec 13.5 motors later this month. Press release including photos and all info will be available next week. The spec versions will offer all of the rebuildable features of the Ballistic mod winds.

Novak also offers a comprehensive line of service items and accessories on line for all of our products. You never have to wonder whether you will be able to locate a needed part.

Novak Accessories

Some other companies claim to make service items available, but it is often very difficult to locate them. We even offer accessories for discontinued products.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:04 AM   #15
Tech Adept
 
RFALLON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hiram
Posts: 180
Send a message via AIM to RFALLON
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
We will be shipping our Ballistic Spec 13.5 motors later this month. Press release including photos and all info will be available next week. The spec versions will offer all of the rebuildable features of the Ballistic mod winds.

Novak also offers a comprehensive line of service items and accessories on line for all of our products. You never have to wonder whether you will be able to locate a needed part.

Novak Accessories

Some other companies claim to make service items available, but it is often very difficult to locate them. We even offer accessories for discontinued products.
thanks alot mann. Where will i be able to get the motor at? what website?
__________________
XRAY T2'009
Nexus Racing
KO PROPO
Novak
JR racing
RFALLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Associated TC5 RCknight Electric On-Road 13256 Today 05:13 PM
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits. DJ1978 Electric Off-Road 19923 06-12-2017 06:16 AM
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
New traxxas e-maxx xsxracing Monster Trucks 439 09-05-2012 04:15 PM
****RC8E Limited Edition**** rearviewmirror Electric Off-Road 142 07-27-2009 11:45 AM
LOSI ESC/17.5 BRUSHLESS COMBO jjdoyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 21 02-24-2009 11:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:57 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net