Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steveM3
Thanks to you for your comments! I have had so many people take time to say congrats and it's overwhelming...so I am grateful for all of you. I remember Adrian and Paul Wynn showing me back at Schumacher how to make sure my chassis was flat, Seaball always offering encouragement, and WG, EA, Drew, Paul Lemieux, Jared Scott for always taking time to answer setup questions. I know there are others I left out.
A great win, for a great guy. Congrats Steve!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Any videos posted yet?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

All pics are uploded

The 2010 Snowbirds aka The Year of the Squirrel were Awesome If you missed it, make plans for 2011

http://www.rcactionpics.com/gallery/2010/01_31_2010

Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Somewhere way back in this thread, someone posted a pic of an oval car and wanted to know what it was. I think this is it from redrc.

http://www.redrc.net/2010/02/mcpappy...-2-0-team-kit/
Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Default world GT finish photo's

I have to say i am very disspointed that Mike Boylan would tell you too not put up the photo's you took showing my car crossing the finish line ahead of Hupo's in World GT. I am over the fact that i feel like i got screwd over in this but, to not post the pics seems like he is trying to cover something up. Why would he tell you not to post them ? What would he gain other then to cover something up? This was one of the best mains of the weekend if not the best!!.

Puzzled Mike Blackstock

Originally Posted by Rojna
All pics are uploded

The 2010 Snowbirds aka The Year of the Squirrel were Awesome If you missed it, make plans for 2011

http://www.rcactionpics.com/gallery/2010/01_31_2010

Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Haven't even heard of that. If so, really tough break there Mike. Not the first time I have heard of this happening either.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
I have to say i am very disspointed that Mike Boylan would tell you too not put up the photo's you took showing my car crossing the finish line ahead of Hupo's in World GT. I am over the fact that i feel like i got screwd over in this but, to not post the pics seems like he is trying to cover something up. Why would he tell you not to post them ? What would he gain other then to cover something up? This was one of the best mains of the weekend if not the best!!.

Puzzled Mike Blackstock
Hi Mike Blackstock
Big UK guy with pony tail here.
I saw the pics on the guys camera, and have to agree with you, even tho it was obvious that you must have had ur PT further back to Hupo, you defo crossed the line around 2 inches in front of him. this is where sense should prevail, and as there was photo evedence, you shud have taken the win imo.

I also have video of another race where the guy who bumped up into the A should NOT have been allowed to go forward, as he took the other guy out on the last corner, and again sense should have prevailed imo. This is why peeps get upset, but I would of gone for the last corner to, as thats what any racer would have done, but he didn't make it clean, and should have held his hands up and given it back to the other racer, he would of thought more of that way.

There were a lot of awesome things about the Snowbirds, and tbh I don't know where to start.
Mike Bowlen and his great team were amazing in their organisation of the 16th Snowbirds, and it couldn't of run any smoother, other than that pesky squiriel blowing the geni half way through the 1/12th top heat, and they still raced round in the half dark and finished the run (thats why it was called The Year of the Squirel' by Dave the anouncer )

The way you could get your times printed was bad, you printed out a bar code that had your PT number on, and stuck it to the base of your handset, and used the bar code gun to get a print out of your lap times. This was done by John at Fastcats, what a nice nice guy

Getting up at 4am was one of the down sides though, as practice started at 5am at times, mad or what, and I wonder why im knackered lol

If there was a gripe, it was the lack of calling through the quicker guys, and once you did get through you would then b ued as a brake which was frustrating to say the least.

But all that aside, if Snowbirds decide one day to go round the right way, I would come back again, but I guess that will be when hell freezes over

I met a lot of guys I had spoken to on the net over the years, and was good to shake their hands . I made a lot of friends to while over the pond, especially Lynn and Tony Munno, great couple, lots of laughing, which what it is about, ive always said, it 50% having fun, and the other 50% is racing, which should also be fun

Cheers Malc
Old 02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Puzzled Mike Blackstock
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Hi Mike Blackstock
Big UK guy with pony tail here.
I saw the pics on the guys camera, and have to agree with you, even tho it was obvious that you must have had ur PT further back to Hupo, you defo crossed the line around 2 inches in front of him. this is where sense should prevail, and as there was photo evedence, you shud have taken the win imo.

I also have video of another race where the guy who bumped up into the A should NOT have been allowed to go forward, as he took the other guy out on the last corner, and again sense should have prevailed imo. This is why peeps get upset, but I would of gone for the last corner to, as thats what any racer would have done, but he didn't make it clean, and should have held his hands up and given it back to the other racer, he would of thought more of that way.

There were a lot of awesome things about the Snowbirds, and tbh I don't know where to start.
Mike Bowlen and his great team were amazing in their organisation of the 16th Snowbirds, and it couldn't of run any smoother, other than that pesky squiriel blowing the geni half way through the 1/12th top heat, and they still raced round in the half dark and finished the run (thats why it was called The Year of the Squirel' by Dave the anouncer )

The way you could get your times printed was bad, you printed out a bar code that had your PT number on, and stuck it to the base of your handset, and used the bar code gun to get a print out of your lap times. This was done by John at Fastcats, what a nice nice guy

Getting up at 4am was one of the down sides though, as practice started at 5am at times, mad or what, and I wonder why im knackered lol

If there was a gripe, it was the lack of calling through the quicker guys, and once you did get through you would then b ued as a brake which was frustrating to say the least.

But all that aside, if Snowbirds decide one day to go round the right way, I would come back again, but I guess that will be when hell freezes over

I met a lot of guys I had spoken to on the net over the years, and was good to shake their hands . I made a lot of friends to while over the pond, especially Lynn and Tony Munno, great couple, lots of laughing, which what it is about, ive always said, it 50% having fun, and the other 50% is racing, which should also be fun

Cheers Malc

I must Agree with Both of you here. Why was it not ok for Haynes to do it in the 13.5 rubber B-main. The very next day Hupo does it in the A-main and it's ok?????

Also why was the 3rd place driver allowed to start in the 13.5 A-main?
I heard the 2nd place guy didn't want to run. That's fine if he didn't want to run it but at that point it shoulda been a 9 car A-Main.

I also heard rumors that Hupo's move was ok because Mike's WGT car didn't flip but anyone knows a car on foams will slide while a rubber car just gets up on the side wall of the tire and flips.

All Us racers look for is consistency in the rules and that was a VERY BIG double standard.....

Old 02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Hey Mike. It was a fantastic close race for sure... down to inches. I will call Greg to post the pictures... not trying to cover anything. We made the call (as you know) that we would go by the transponder for the final. There were a couple circumstances at the race this year that put us in a tough position. I made a couple racers upset, and I apologize. I tried my best to talk to everyone there that was involved. You can count we will learn from this year and work towards making 2011 even better. Thanks everyone once again for a wonderful week of racing. Overall I still feel this was the best 'birds to date and we look forward to next year.

Mike
[email protected]
Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan

........ I guess that will be when hell freezes over

Cheers Malc
So if the Saints win the Super Bowl, we can expect to see you next year as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Why am I not surprised that Sean was one of the last to leave the track? That's dedication!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks mike. Just wanted to make sure everyone saw how awesome of a race it was even if the wrong winner was crowned lol

Mike

Here is a pic of me and hupo going across the line.

UOTE=RCThunder;6957995]Hey Mike. It was a fantastic close race for sure... down to inches. I will call Greg to post the pictures... not trying to cover anything. We made the call (as you know) that we would go by the transponder for the final. There were a couple circumstances at the race this year that put us in a tough position. I made a couple racers upset, and I apologize. I tried my best to talk to everyone there that was involved. You can count we will learn from this year and work towards making 2011 even better. Thanks everyone once again for a wonderful week of racing. Overall I still feel this was the best 'birds to date and we look forward to next year.

Mike
[email protected][/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails 2010 Snowbird Nationals-close-pic.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks mike. Just wanted to make sure everyone saw how awesome of a race it was even if the wrong winner was crowned lol

Mike

Here is a pic of me and hupo going across the line.

UOTE=RCThunder;6957995]Hey Mike. It was a fantastic close race for sure... down to inches. I will call Greg to post the pictures... not trying to cover anything. We made the call (as you know) that we would go by the transponder for the final. There were a couple circumstances at the race this year that put us in a tough position. I made a couple racers upset, and I apologize. I tried my best to talk to everyone there that was involved. You can count we will learn from this year and work towards making 2011 even better. Thanks everyone once again for a wonderful week of racing. Overall I still feel this was the best 'birds to date and we look forward to next year.

Mike
[email protected]
[/QUOTE]

Where the heck was your transponder... in the trunk???

Told ya not to borrow Goat's transponder. He hit "the button" to turn it off right then.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

That's an amazing finish, too bad it went the wrong way.

Wasn't there a nats or something just a couple years ago where the same thing happened and both cars had the transponder in the same place? I guess AMB isn't quite as accurate as they like to tell us.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wingracer
That's an amazing finish, too bad it went the wrong way.

Wasn't there a nats or something just a couple years ago where the same thing happened and both cars had the transponder in the same place? I guess AMB isn't quite as accurate as they like to tell us.
Thats why I run MRT pt's .... not that it matters, im always a couple laps behind LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.