Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: HELIOS MODULE

Originally posted by Davo
Hi,

I was having trouble with my helios it kept glitching so i took it to get repaired and i found out that the module is stuffed so can anyone tell me where i can get just a module for a helios?
Here is the nearest to you,

www.world-model.com

they are now available in 29Mhz (recently starting this year for Helios)
Old 04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: HELIOS MODULE

Originally posted by Davo
Hi,

I was having trouble with my helios it kept glitching so i took it to get repaired and i found out that the module is stuffed so can anyone tell me where i can get just a module for a helios?
Davo-
Check here. You will have to pay a little more for shipping tho.
-Robert
Old 04-12-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

When do you use the HSR mode? I have a jr 590m servo so i don't ever use it. And when you do use it is there a big difference?

Thanks
Old 04-14-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Hey folks, I finally read through all 34 pages in a few days! Tons of great info. in here! I've been running the Helios now for a couple of weeks with the spektrum module and I think it is awesome. No problems thus far, but I can't say I feel any difference between normal mode and HSR since I never used the Helios with the standard module. I bought the Helios solely to use it with the spektrum system, so I got the version that came with the Mini Z module.
I just have a quick question and I hope someone on this thread has the answer. I wanted to program in the melodies, but the files on KO's site are confusing. I tried typing in the "Zelda" theme, but I checked it halfway through and it didn't sound right at all. I know that the letter designates the note and the number designates the amount of time the note is played, however, I'm unsure what the files mean when a letter is displayed then 4 or 5 numbers are listed afterwards. Does that mean that particular same note is played in sucession 4 or 5 times at different amounts of time? Hope that made sense.... Anyone successfully get one of these tunes typed into their Helios and have it sound right? BTW, I've seen the number '9' in some of these songs on the KO site even though I'm not seeing it as an option in the radio. My radio only goes 1 through 8.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Go back about four to five pages Ko Staff showed us all how. You have to down load some software and then plug in the tunes then into the radio. there is a pattern you ahve ot follow. The notes where designed to be downloaded strait from your PC to the Helios with the link. So thats how you do it. What you are reading with all the letters and numbers are code and you need the software to uncode it persay. Go to the Ko site.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><

Originally posted by Laterilus
Hey folks, I finally read through all 34 pages in a few days! Tons of great info. in here! I've been running the Helios now for a couple of weeks with the spektrum module and I think it is awesome. No problems thus far, but I can't say I feel any difference between normal mode and HSR since I never used the Helios with the standard module. I bought the Helios solely to use it with the spektrum system, so I got the version that came with the Mini Z module.
I just have a quick question and I hope someone on this thread has the answer. I wanted to program in the melodies, but the files on KO's site are confusing. I tried typing in the "Zelda" theme, but I checked it halfway through and it didn't sound right at all. I know that the letter designates the note and the number designates the amount of time the note is played, however, I'm unsure what the files mean when a letter is displayed then 4 or 5 numbers are listed afterwards. Does that mean that particular same note is played in sucession 4 or 5 times at different amounts of time? Hope that made sense.... Anyone successfully get one of these tunes typed into their Helios and have it sound right? BTW, I've seen the number '9' in some of these songs on the KO site even though I'm not seeing it as an option in the radio. My radio only goes 1 through 8.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Helios RE-Pair

Hi,

I ahve had my helios for about 6months now and all of asudden it has stopped sending signals to the reciver does anyone know where to get it repaired.

Cheers Davo
Old 04-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Regional Moderator

Try different crystals first.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hi

Hi,

I Have tried diffrent crystals diffrent module, reciver and I have descovered that the actually radio is faulty.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check if the pins in the radio that connects to the module isn't loose, i had this problem and the car went crazy or not responding at all. This problem can easily be fixed on your own by soldering the pins again
Old 04-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

i think this is already in the thread, but i can't find it soo... when i was trying to calibrate my helios i notice it only let's me do the left side. is there something wrong with my helios?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by axel
i think this is already in the thread, but i can't find it soo... when i was trying to calibrate my helios i notice it only let's me do the left side. is there something wrong with my helios?
i found the thread on p.33 so to adjust the right side for st.balance all i have to do is complete adj. vr
Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Helios versus Presto

Originally posted by Bob Nilsen
Hey KO PROPO Staff,

Spektrum claims the response time when using the Helios with their system will be 5.6ms. How does this compare with that of the Helios in it's fastest mode with the KR-302F receiver?

I'm trying to gauge if moving to the Spektrum setup will lessen response time (or if i'll even notice )
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
That is probably what their system is capable up to handling. The response (frame rate) is controlled in the CPU, not the module or receiver. Advanced HSR is 8.0ms which "should" be in their quoted capable handling capacity. We are still waiting for it to come out to test with our system.
Sorry to digout old post. Now new 502 module released, what's response speed of AHSR with 502 module? From magazine ad I can tell there is CPU inside the 502 module, was that mean 502 module will now move the CPU's work from EX-10 itself to 502 module? I guess that means the 8.0ms limit is no longer existed on 502 module, but what's the real deal?

I'm also interesting on Spektrum system. The only 2 things that stop me from getting one is a) RX is bigger than 302F. b) The response speed against new 502 module is still unknow. Overlap frequency wasn't the real problem for me since I running 75Mhz which is rare at my track. But still crystal-free Spektrum still very attracted, especially if Spektrum is faster than AHSR with 501/502 module.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Default 502F module

The new 502F module is still only a Japan domestic release. The response of the system stays the same, but the linear response is faster from center. It is supposed to have a more 1:1 feeling. This module will only be available in 27MHz and 40MHz. Currently in Japan, only available with the radio set. Modules will be availble in about a month or so in Japan only. Internationally, they are to release in a couple of months.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: 502F module

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
The new 502F module is still only a Japan domestic release. The response of the system stays the same, but the linear response is faster from center. It is supposed to have a more 1:1 feeling. This module will only be available in 27MHz and 40MHz. Currently in Japan, only available with the radio set. Modules will be availble in about a month or so in Japan only. Internationally, they are to release in a couple of months.
So the response speed of EX-10 Spektrum will still be limited by its own CPU, with 8.0ms? This is interesting. Thanks for info KO PROPO Staff..

Guess I will get extra 75MHz 302F RX since it cost much less than go for Spektrum with 2 RX...
Old 04-25-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

FYI,

I ram my helios with the spektrum system yesterday in ahrs mode and had no problems. no glitches and no delay problems. it seams that with the helios you can use the ahrs just not the futaba system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.