Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VRC pro release date??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

honestly, $10 here and there doesnt bother me that much. thats a half hour of work for me and the amount of time it takes to race enough to buy that track with veuro would be far far more at my skill level now.

kinda sucks to have to pay subscription but its pennies when you add up the cost of racing over the same amount of time. broken parts/fuel/tracktime or race fees.

so really. its cheap for limitless practice time. just wish it had pancars.

I must say though. im no pro, though the time ive spent in vrc so far has shown in my real racing. im being marshaled much less and running more consistant laps than i was before. it might take a few years for me, but im confident ill be able to catch up to the fast guys thanks to it =)
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1shnot
so... I have older orange usb adaptor, all I need to buy is softwear? or Do I need this newer adaptor? do they come in a pkg?

Could someone explane to me what I need to get started? All I want is indoor carpet(?)
As far as I know, the same adapter that worked in the original works with the Pro.

Originally Posted by valk

..........I must say though. im no pro, though the time ive spent in vrc so far has shown in my real racing. im being marshaled much less and running more consistant laps than i was before. it might take a few years for me, but im confident ill be able to catch up to the fast guys thanks to it =)
Same here, Ive noticed a big difference and others have asked me what Ive done differently. As far as cost, I spend more in gas to drive to the "local" track and back one time than I do for the monthly subscription cost. Actual racing is more fun, but thats only once or twice a week. VRC is nonstop. Just need more people in multiplayer.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 1shnot
so... I have older orange usb adaptor, all I need to buy is softwear? or Do I need this newer adaptor? do they come in a pkg?

Could someone explane to me what I need to get started? All I want is indoor carpet(?)
all of old VRC USB adaptor can use with VRC PRO.

for play VRC PRO, you have 2 choice. trial or subscription(full member).
=> http://www.vrcworld.com/account/register.aspx

if you want 10vEuro invitation reward.
you must fill in who invite you to VRC PRO box,with email of old VRC PRO member,while you doing full member subcription.
yes, you can use my email for referral. [email protected] or email of your friend that be VRC PRo full member already.
(trial don't get 10vEuro reward, this reward for full member subscription only.)

VRC PRO the game can download from vrcworld.com website.
but it big file, about 900MB, so you should use fast internet.
VRC PRO Download => http://www.vrcworld.com/downloads.aspx
(this link can use after you are VRC PRO member)

VRC PRO need fast CPU, fast GPU, much RAM.

about indoor carpet ...
speedway carpet1, speedway carpet2, LRP 2007 track are free tracks for both trial member and full member.

short info for your question..
you spent 5$euro for trial member(1 month), or 12.5$euro for full member(1 month) ,
then download the game from vrcworld.com website.
play it with your RC tranmitter + your old VRC USB adaptor. (calibrate it first)
most of carpet track are free.

Last edited by smith9turbo; 10-23-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

where can i bought this staff ?? anyone ??
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am happy to see so many playing VRC Pro. Is there an RC Tech Club on VRC Pro? Does anyone use the VRC Teamspeak that was setup?

I am starting to get back in to racing but I was wondering did many truly see an improvement in their real life racing? I have heard many say that it improved their skills as a rider and I was just confirming that this is true?

Thanks,

Joe

PS If there is not yet an RC Tech VRC Pro Club would anyone be interested?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jbjints
I am happy to see so many playing VRC Pro. Is there an RC Tech Club on VRC Pro? Does anyone use the VRC Teamspeak that was setup?

I am starting to get back in to racing but I was wondering did many truly see an improvement in their real life racing? I have heard many say that it improved their skills as a rider and I was just confirming that this is true?

Thanks,

Joe

PS If there is not yet an RC Tech VRC Pro Club would anyone be interested?

Thanks,

Joe
I just started a club, its not rctech specific, but it would be a great place to start.
And yes I have noticed an improvement in my real Rc driving. I haven't used the vrc teamspeak server, but I do have my own teamspeak server. Club is called Texas League, I just couldn't think of anything at that moment.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone used this controller: http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html and the USB adaptor on VRC pro yet. The controller is actually nice on VRC 3.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by immaculatewit
Has anyone used this controller: http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html and the USB adaptor on VRC pro yet. The controller is actually nice on VRC 3.
Yes and it works just fine. Its nice because the USB is included and you dont have to beat up your race controller!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wireless usb adapter does not work with this, just the wired usb DSC connection does..
Old 11-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From a business perspective, the subscription model makes perfect sense. For something like this, you really need re-occuring income to pay for upkeep and expenses. I certainly can't fault them for that.

I don't agree with their decision to nickle and dime you for gear in the game. That's pretty lame. You're already paying the monthly, so why not just throw the gear in? "Micro transactions" are big in MMOs, but those games are usually free to play and only make money from the micro transactions. In regular MMOs, the company usually charges for novelty items.

I think the whole pit table simulation thing is kinda cheesy, but to each his own. I don't think it will make me a better racer - online or otherwise. LOL

With the original VRC, I paid for tracks and have no problem paying for tracks again.

As far as accuracy of simulation, don't expect too much from a "game" like this. They're in it for the money and I'm sure they want to make and keep their "target market" happy and coming back for more. Some people are willing to accept less realism for the chance to have some fun, while others will think it sucks because it doesn't match how a real car behaves - or how track conditions change. So be it. I'm thinking that there will be more than enough people to keep this game running for years to come.

The bugs will eventually get fixed. The simulation and setup options may improve over time. I'm not so sure that the subscription pricing will ever come down. As long as they are profitable, nothing will change. If expenses exceed income, then they have to do something - but at what price point can they entice people to join? $120/year for someone who plays everyday is cheap. At what price point does the casual player join?

Bottom line is simple: If you're having fun, you'll be back for more.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i agree that paying for parts in the game with monthly subscription is kinda lame, but i bet they have to pay licencing fees to have the items there. I dont know how big virtual racing is on the game dev totem, but i highly doubt they make money from the manufactures to advertise their parts in the game.

you dont really need to buy the items though. unless you run full mod, you can get a mostly configurable chassis for free and 8.5 motor.
buying a chassis is worth it though, being able to change everything and experiment, but its still not completely configurable, rollcenters ect.

but, the cost of these things is pretty minor compared to track time ect. in the winter, i pay $15/night to race on carpet.. vrc is $15/month.
i dont know if the sim is 100% accurate but so far the sim has helped me to at least approximate basic setups i can then perfect at the track.
also has made a world of difference in practicing different traction levels on rubber tires.
I dont even know how many hundred or even thousands of laps of LRP2007 ive run JUST on the lowest traction setting which is fairly close to the types of layouts and grip of our weekly race track.

cant wait for pancars.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Plus you can earn $3-5 a week running in official events. Don't really have to spend anything besides subscription.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

nearly to goto the podium ... but not
position 4 of 96 racers. (i need position 3)

event detail => http://www.vrcworld.com/events/event...ent=766#detail
Old 11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

VRC PRO Racers don't miss these BIG events.
these event with LEVEL5 price rewards.

Level 5 price reward. you can see Level5 pay you so much.

compare with Level1 price reward, on normal official events

Listing of LEVEL5 events...

02-12-2011 : 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1:8 NITRO Luxembourg 2009 1:8 Nitro on-road
=> http://www.vrcworld.com/events/event...ent=913#detail

09-12-2011 : 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1:10 NITRO Pegaso 1:10 Nitro on-road
=> http://www.vrcworld.com/events/event...ent=914#detail

16-12-2011 : 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1:10 ELECTRIC ISTC Eppelheim 2012 1:10 Electric on-road
=> http://www.vrcworld.com/events/event...ent=915#detail
Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

How do you like the new LRP 2012 track? I like it alot, of course I liked the 2007 track too. Probably my favorites, along with Carpet 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.