Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
anyone know if the rear end pods from the vII will fit the standard F104 rear end??
Chassis is different, not going to fit
Old 07-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Chassis is different, not going to fit
well that really blows
Old 07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

well that really blows
Tell me about it
Only had a WGP for about 6mo now, and it's getting lonely
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default New Body from McAllister Racing

New Product Release from McAllister Racing-

#291- 2012 IRL body, 1/10th for Tamiya F104 chassis’. One piece body. The IRL made a drastic change in the looks of the Indy Racing League cars for 2012. McAllister Racing leads the way in scale racing trends with this latest IRL body for the Tamiya Formula cars. Great for Oval or Road Course. Uses the stock nose wing from the F104W kits and the stock body posts.

Pictured on an F104W.

All McAllister Racing products are 100% made in the U.S.A.

Please support your local RC Dealer and ask for McAllister Racing by name.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-291-2-irl-2012-copy.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-291-4-irl-2012-copy.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-291-6-irl-2012-copy.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-291-14-irl-2012-copy.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-291-11-irl-2012-copy.jpg  

Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

flyingm will that body fit the F104 pro chassis?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Not sure if the two body posts are in the same position. Most likely they are. It souldn't be a problem for any of the F104 cars. The front wing on the
F104W is perfect. I assume that wing will fit all of the F104 cars. The IRL body front wing sits right on the stock F104W front wing. Maybe someone with experience with all the F104s can fill us in on any body mounting differences.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
New Product Release from McAllister Racing-

#291- 2012 IRL body, 1/10th for Tamiya F104 chassis’. One piece body. The IRL made a drastic change in the looks of the Indy Racing League cars for 2012. McAllister Racing leads the way in scale racing trends with this latest IRL body for the Tamiya Formula cars. Great for Oval or Road Course. Uses the stock nose wing from the F104W kits and the stock body posts.

Pictured on an F104W.

All McAllister Racing products are 100% made in the U.S.A.

Please support your local RC Dealer and ask for McAllister Racing by name.
That is totally awesome! Im still an F1 fan, but the futuristic look of the Indy/IZOD cars are a relief over the previous pointy look of years past....

When will this be available?
Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

The new IRL bodies are available now. Hobby shops can order now or give us a call.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would be more inclined to purchase one of these bodies if it had the same attention to detail as Tamiya. Understand that your company is smaller but need to remember whom you are competing against and at what margins you are willing to sacrifice in order to be a differentiator. Maybe create a full body set for a couple of IRL teams just like Tamiya did for Vodafone and Ferrari, etc.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GryphunRacing
I would be more inclined to purchase one of these bodies if it had the same attention to detail as Tamiya. Understand that your company is smaller but need to remember whom you are competing against and at what margins you are willing to sacrifice in order to be a differentiator. Maybe create a full body set for a couple of IRL teams just like Tamiya did for Vodafone and Ferrari, etc.
what??? are you an idiot? do you realize how long McAlister Racing has been in business making RC bodies?

Do you tell Protoform they need more detail on thier bodies?

not every company puts all the details into their bodies - HPI and Tamiya, and ABC are the only 3 i know that are at "model scale" level detail...everyone else adds just enough to get the point across - seems to work for me

maybe talk to the oval racers and see what they say about McAlister's bodies
Old 07-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

what??? are you an idiot? do you realize how long McAlister Racing has been in business making RC bodies?

Do you tell Protoform they need more detail on thier bodies?

not every company puts all the details into their bodies - HPI and Tamiya, and ABC are the only 3 i know that are at "model scale" level detail...everyone else adds just enough to get the point across - seems to work for me

maybe talk to the oval racers and see what they say about McAlister's bodies
They've been around for as long as I can remember in the hobby...at least 20 years or more...however I do agree with Gryphun. To my eye there has always been something just a bit off with McAlister bodies. The detail is a bit lacking and usually they look kind of distorted. Everyone has their own tastes and they just aren't mine. I think it is great that they are doing something different than the other companies and applaud them for that. But I won't be getting one.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys...didn't mean to stir the pot. Just trying to fill the gaps in bodies available....that's what we do.

I always appreciate feedback from racers...good or bad. We actually do make a lot of decisions on product based on racer feedback.

Of course you have to understand that there are a lot of factors involved in decisions for manufacturing. If decals are what you are looking for when judging details, we don't have that luxury being a small Mom and Pop shop. It takes a large company like Tamiya to spit those things out like water.

However the detail on the bodies is closely controlled by us and we create as much or as little mold details as we feel appropriate. Sometimes too many bumps and grooves in a body just makes it more difficult for the average racer to paint. I've painted a bajillion bodies over more than 30 years of RC racing, won many Concours events and judged many more. So I have a pretty good feel for the detail level on RC bodies. I think our two latest Road Racing bodies, the IRL and Corvette Daytona Prototype have turned out quite well in the detail department.

Also keep in mind that there are some limitations to shapes with the Vacuum Forming process, and making aftermarket bodies for RC cars that are not proportional to full size cars can also be a challenge. Some interpretation is always involved.

All that being said, I appreciate any support we get, and I'm proud of the fact that everything we sell is 100% made in the U.S.A. If you would have any further questions regarding our process and product decisions, you are welcome to call any time....928-714-1799

Thanks
Gary McAllister
McAllister Racing
Old 07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Ooooooh....Corvette DTP...That is one I have been hoping someone would do.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Understand that your company is smaller but need to remember whom you are competing against and at what margins you are willing to sacrifice in order to be a differentiator and I sound like an IDIOT!
You have got to be kidding?
And who are you?.. Your the "Want fries with that?" Guy aren't you?

flyingm - Pleasure to meet you sir. Been buying your products for 22+ years. Thanks for your contribution to our Hobby.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

hi, can everyone post a copy of the body instruction for the f104w with mclaren mp4/6 body?
thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.