Wiki Posts
Search

Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD
Kens the man!

Who is Lead Farmer and Freakin Joey? Real names please.

Hope the meeting goes well tonite, we need to get that ground cleared so we can build Paulie's dream track, might as well leave the blacktop there...
Funny Jon, funny.

Actually, I'm really taking to this off-road thing...the element of 3D (jumps) is what I like best, and the fact that every lap is different because the track changes over time.

- Paulie
Old 04-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YDBD
Kens the man!

Who is Lead Farmer and Freakin Joey? Real names please.

Hope the meeting goes well tonite, we need to get that ground cleared so we can build Paulie's dream track, might as well leave the blacktop there...
The real name is Joe....was active with you guys a year or so ago then the job made it pretty hard to have any fun. Either mid shift, 12s or both.... I have a signature but it had been not $%^ing work for some reason.
Ok...never mind now it works now.....whadever

Last edited by FrickenJoey; 04-13-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Good luck at the meeting tonight! We need to have those things at midnight on a Friday so I could actually make one...lol
Old 04-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Joe, hope you can make some of the meetings or get to the track when it opens...having a slash bash at my house track on Memorial Day.

So no blacktop for Paulie, I'll get him a broom to sweep the dirt of the track...

Got some new/used tires in for my buggy, 7 sets to be exact, a few would be good for street testing or hard pack...better than having kyosho and uh kyosho...

Anybody got hot leads on an ISO or maybe we could buy some storage sheds as people are PCS'ing soon and getting rid of them cheap. It doesn't take much to strap them down.

I know Uehara-san was planning on building another track, wonder what he's going to be hauling and what he's gonna toss from Bios...need to find out...
Old 04-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Joe-I wanna see the baja 5b run, that things bitchin! It's probably the only gas car I'd own...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

http://

Here is a rough outline of what was decided at the meeting tonight. WE have a usable area about 250ft X 250ft. The squares are 20 X20, it gives you a general idea of the game plan. Robert, if this would help as an attachment to the LOI, just let me know. This is not the design of the tracks, just a visual of the track sizes.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

That's awesome Ken!!!

- Paulie
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Paulie.

Jon :
We decided to leave the layout of the kiddy track to you, we figured that is a good place for you to hone those driving skills

Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Thanks! I'm looking forward to designing the kiddie track. Of course no noisy nitro will be allowed and I don't really have to worry about driving skills, especially when four out of six nitros flame out every race...
Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok agreed no nitros on the one track.....can I run my Baja? I mean it's NOT Nitro!....but about the noise thing....um....yeah
Old 04-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Hopefully the track will be big enough for your Baja, the biggest problem they had at BIOS was that is broke the PVC pipe when it hit, so any thing it breaks you might have to fix...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone running a revo? How does the revo fare at bios? lol...anyone have an extra engine for a revo?!?!?!?

For this new track at courtney, are we still thinking of more than one track? Or did we switch to just one nice track?
Old 04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

This exact topic came up at the meeting last night, at this time there will be no restrictions on the Nitro track, "Run What You Brung". If in the future it becomes a problem with damage to the track it can be re-addressed.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

^^^^^ Never mind...just realized i totally missed this page and it has the answer to my track question.

First few questions are still open for discussion. BTW, Joe B. How is your 523 working for you? Mine is horrible...
Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Bojangles
Anyone running a revo? How does the revo fare at bios? lol...anyone have an extra engine for a revo?!?!?!?

For this new track at courtney, are we still thinking of more than one track? Or did we switch to just one nice track?
You will find several Revo's on Island. I have a retired big block, and I currently run an E-Revo. Like any track that runs Monster Trucks the Revo will dominate, there are quite a few guys running Savages and A T-maxx or 2.

What kind of motor are you looking for, I may have a 2.5R but I know I have everything for a big block conversion......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.