Community
Wiki Posts
Search

turn marshaling for the el 1/8th scales

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

try marshelling for 1/8th onroad wen on a decent straight they can do 120kph plus. and reach 100 in under 2 sec now thats a scarry thing to do
Old 02-25-2009, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmad2700
try marshelling for 1/8th onroad wen on a decent straight they can do 120kph plus. and reach 100 in under 2 sec now thats a scarry thing to do
I was just going to post that... 1/8 on-road is much worse, especially when they catch air under them and take off.. that's always a bit nerve wrecking.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Electric should run with electric and nitro with nitro. If the 2 classes are to run togeather then everybody needs to just deal with it. I have seen a run away nitro buggy almost take someones head off. They are both equally dangerous. Turn marshals need to keep up with the times. If electric are going to be allowed to run with nitro then the marshal needs to pay attention and take his job seriously the same way he is expected to when it's all nitro. Bottom line is a lazy turn marshal is dangerous to himself and to others no matter what the platform.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smracer31
I was just going to post that... 1/8 on-road is much worse, especially when they catch air under them and take off.. that's always a bit nerve wrecking.
i race my nitro off road buggy and t-maxx at the local on road track for a challenge (they have like 3 mains of off road) And guess whos the last heat? Nitro MT's and guess whos the first heat on the next round? Freaking electric on road, i dont have a problem with them but its scary marsheling them i went to get an overturned car i turned around and had to hop skip and jump over every car in the field be fore i got back to my safe spot between pipes. i had no clue they were comming because the high pitched buzz they make, you cant really tell were its coming from untill you hear crunching lexan and foot
Old 02-27-2009, 04:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TonysScrews
LOL...I was the only 1/8th electric running this past weekend at MOTORAMA against the nitro 1/8th buggies. I can't tell you how many times I was marshalled and they were carrying my buggy off the track when I blipped the throttle and scared the heck out of the marshalls....haha

I was just running for the fun of it so I didn't care. Once the class grows big enough that we have enough for our own heats the marshalling thing won't be that big a deal.
Tony, I noticed you ran the BL Mugen. I was very disappointed that only a couple guys signed up. There was talk like there would be 2 heats of them but nobody showed up with them.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Champion

I don't want to sound like no one does, but you have to respect what speed a 1/8th scale can put out, or it will pwn you. (Even if you are new or old to the scale).

Respect where you are marshalling where possible, although yes incidents do still happen.

And Respect controlling one.

I know there are other issues though, just highlighting one, that anyone in 1/8th should be familiar with, so not to take it personally guys

Wishing you all happy, safe racing...
Old 02-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

I have read through this entire thread and I think it is hilarious :ROFL:

I agree. I'm also not going to drive on freeways until they get those damn Ferrari's and Corvettes off of the road! JK
Old 02-27-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe we should quit and just race the Slash class. Real safe. Do it for the children! Keep em safe.

Its not that bad. The E cars a faster sure. The extra danger is negligible. Nitro truggies still hurt more than E buggies. I get more banged up flipping Nitro truggy and Monster than anything electric.

Don't drive like momos and nobody will get hurt. If someones crashing into marshals, that needs to stop. If you crash into a marshal, pack it up, go home, you stink at RC.

Still a car can runaway, but thats the risk we take. Gay motor limits aren't going to help. Keep the mashals in safe spots. They won't be able to get to a car as quick, but that is the drivers fault.

The easiest way to prevent crashes is to limit the marshals. The slower they are, the less inclined to drive over the edge we'll be. If you can count on getting flipped within 2 seconds of wrecking, then why not take huge risks. Ever been passed by a car doing cartwheels? Stinks, don't it!

Nitro onroad is twice as fast. So how can they race at all? One crash destroys the car. Simple, THEY CRASH LESS. Yes they can take off and fly away, but thats rare.

Its not a demolishin derby.

Airplanes go fast, thats not too scary. 60 size RC helicopters can cut someones head clean off! I could drown trying to retrieve my Traxxas Nitro V (boat). Its not a good idea to drink Trinity Monster 30%. Clutch shoes give me splinters. Driver stands are real high in the air, what happens if someone jumps off the stand? Model rockets could put an eye out! Car kits contain small parts that can be a choking hazard!!

Lets ban them all! Do it for the children.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 02-27-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=d4man;5469721]What if your leading a race w an electric scale and the marshal thinks you flamed?? Big problem![/QUOT]
Well then that Marshall FAILS.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=porkey;5488733]
Originally Posted by d4man
What if your leading a race w an electric scale and the marshal thinks you flamed?? Big problem![/QUOT]
Well then that Marshall FAILS.
Hey that sounds fair if you race both of them together. They should have random flame out too .
Old 02-27-2009, 02:25 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

This just in:

A new study suggests that living will eventually kill you...
Old 02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

I was almost killed last week when two electric truggies (silent killers) got together on the straight at full speed. They hit each other then crossed the lane. I dove to the ground as they tumbled quietly at 40mph skiffing my a$$. This electric 1/8th thing is more dangerous than nitro, purely because you cant here them coming and have less time to react. I rarley yell at anyone, but this time I had to say "what the #*ck!" .

Damb silent killers! LOL!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

I can't hear anything at a nitro race. A dozen crazed nitro buggies sceaming all over the track. Anything can get lost in that noise.

I use my eyes to tell if a car is upsidedown. Not my ears.

Allthough I like the fact that nitro drowns out the electric cars. The only noise they make is that horrible grinding gear noise and some whine. Wished they sounded cooler like 1/10th scale.

Sounds like we need to find better spots for the marshals to stand, and better drivers.

Lets not ruin one of the best things to happen to RC because its too good. Slow and safe is boring.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

over the summer i was racing truggy and my race was over so i obviously go to marshall and im standing there and right at the end of the straight i was standing about 10-15 ft away from cars just launching into me and some how 4-5 buggys got caught up and 1 had launched right into my leg it just happend so fast i couldnt move out of the way and i really thought that i was far enough away from any big danger of being struck but i some how it just launched right into me i got a little burn circle on my leg still from the pipe and a massive bruise i had for a couple of weeks but it just dont matter what you do you will eventually get scratches burns bruises bumps nicks anything from these cars they go fast and when they are coming at you you just got to try to move your ass out of the way and really pa attention on whats going on