Search

Trains and Lanes 2009 Off Road Racing Season (Northeast Pa) Easton PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Trains and Lanes 2009 Off Road Racing Season (Northeast Pa) Easton PA

Hey All,

After our less than medicore season last year, our plans are to put in a new offroad track where the dirt oval was. The owner of Trains and Lanes wants nothing to do with it.. so its pretty much up to us and on our dime.

We will have equipment available to work out the land and get a layout together, and we have plenty of dirt. As of now our biggest concern is getting a drivers stand together. We would be looking for either an overseas shipping crate, or someone who is handy with decking/wood work to help get something together. I will even be willing to give those who can put a driver stand together free entry's for the entire season... guaranteed.

As much as we would all like to have a nice local racing venue, this will completely require the help of all of us looking to put something nice together in the Eastern, PA Region.

Were looking for your feedback, and for those interested...

thanks,

Tim
Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tim,

I really regret now not showing up last season, I always chose Hobby Hut over T&L. Now that I've met more of the guys that run there, they are both fast and friendly. I plan to hit you guys this season and will help with the labor on a new track. Will the old one stay? Will practice still be free? It's sad the owner doesn't want to support the track and might just be it's critical path... He's sitting on a gold mine with just a bit of capital. Is he going to take the entry fees or will they go to the track/club?

Anyway count me in.

~Mike
Old 02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Awesome to hear mike, those answer clutches and bearings are awesome btw.. i know a few guys who have them. The old track will stay, and will probably continue to be the main track, unless we can get this new miracle track built..
pratice will be free and the owner will still take all of the benefits. Including the benefits or profits off a new track...

thanks for the support,

tim
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

You should start a thread in the 'track locater forum'. I had fun at the Fall Classic and I'll be down to hit up a race any time I come to visit my parents.-Tom
Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tenpins77
Awesome to hear mike, those answer clutches and bearings are awesome btw.. i know a few guys who have them. The old track will stay, and will probably continue to be the main track, unless we can get this new miracle track built..
pratice will be free and the owner will still take all of the benefits. Including the benefits or profits off a new track...

thanks for the support,

tim
dude, if the owner of the property will not spend any money but wants to take what the track yields if you guys build it, you need to just walk away. It will be a never ending battle.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tim,

If this does not work out I am building a track at my house. So far the track is 60X 100.... Looking to go a little bigger this year .

Let me know

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 02-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey everybody

I just wanted to let you know that I am the person that is organizing the building of the new track at T&L. My name is Anthony I have been racing there for years and want a good track that gets a good turn out there every week we race. Tim was doing me a favor by posting for me because I just got an account here tonight. He was correct in what he said but also not all the details were right. My friend is bringing machinery to help layout the foundation of the track and level it. The size of the track is going to be big and with wide lanes. The one thing that Tim did post incorrectly was that the owner will not put any money into the track, he is willing to pay for materials within reason. He paid a lot of money to have electric run over there for the dirt oval that was not used and he wants us to put in a track that will draw a crowd and get people excited about racing there again. I am going to keep you posted on the dates that we will be working on the track and I will appreciate anybody that can come out to help us build this awsome track.

Thank you
Anthony

P.S. If anybody wants to get a hold of me for any info about the track or wants to help with the labor please call me (610-657-7384)
Old 03-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

would like to see a technical 1/10 track, keep the other track for nitro besides theres already plenty of 1/8 tracks around and more coming this spring
Old 03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brian mills
would like to see a technical 1/10 track, keep the other track for nitro besides theres already plenty of 1/8 tracks around and more coming this spring
Wouldn't the old work better for a 1/10 track? Where is a new track planned this year in the NEPA area? We almost lost Action Hobbies in Langhorne but someone bought it now to be call 'out of control'. Extreme said this is the make or break season for them. Hobby Town Reading is still holding on but rumor has it a on ramp from the freeway is going to have it's days numbered. So that would leave Hobby Hut and T&L for 1/8 tracks assuming this one is built.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

I migh tbe able to race next year i just got a gt2
Old 03-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Prophet

i race at outta control raceway which was called action hobby but the hobby store is closing down but the owner is gone to have a small shop in his studio if u need anything,right now they are gone to change the layout
dont know when they are doing it but i sure will help them. i know they are gone to have friday night racing ,did u guys come last year on friday night we had good turnouts . i been adversing the heck out of the track so i would think the turnout would be better and i know the slashs will be out.last year the track wasnt advertied enough, but we will be racing on every other sunday so it wont effect u guys,and last year we raced on saturdays bad idea cause of family hobbies race on that day and diamond park raceway too.
the layout i think is gone to have a small 1/18 scale track not big one though.i been at you guys track about 3 years ago and i was a good track i like the banking on to the strightaway.go to www.outtacontrolrc.com forum
where gone to have a thing where some of us go to other tracks like yours and others for a point series.and a hour long tag team race.i let u know more when i hear about when the racing season starts
Old 03-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Track on the way soon

Hey everybody:

I just got in touch with my friend that is going to bring the machinery to help build the track. He will have the machinery there at the end of this month to level the land and to put in the base of our track in for me. Just to let you guys know that this track is defenitely going in. The size of the track as I measured out today will be right around 87 feet wide and 175 feet long. The track is going to have a 7-10 inch grade built into it towards route 33 for water draining purposes. After measuring out the track base it looks like it will be the perfect size, not small but at the same time it is not too big.

I am planning on having the machinery there at the end of March weather permitting of course. After the base is laid out for us I want it to settle for two weeks before I need people to show up and help putting in the layout onto the base. This way the track does not sink down after the track is built. The layout should be put on the track around the second week of april and the computer system will be put in and tested aswell this way everything is working before the first race of the year. Then the day before our first race I would like to test the computer system again and run a mach race on the computer system just to test everything so that on race day there will be no computer problems at all like have hurt our racing seasons in the past.

Well if there are any questions please feel free to ask. I hope to see everybody either helping us build this awsome track or at the track racing this year. I do appreciate everybody's help and input.

oh by the way I do want to hear what you guys think about racing on either saturday afternoons or sundays. I was thinking of racing on Saturdays starting around 2 pm so that people that have a little bit of a trip can make it there without having to leave before the sun comes up. Or racing on sundays starting around 11 am. What will work better for the racers and give us the best turnout possible. I cannot garuntee that we will be able to race on saturdays yet due to the onroad racing but I am talking to them if they would be able to race on sundays and give us saturdays if that would be a better day for us. I am not trying to step on their toes because they raced on saturdays last year. I would like to hear your input on this subject.

thank you
Anthony
Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

anthony, do you have a link to t&l as i want to see how far it is from me, i live in nj close to the george washington bridge/nyc...thanks
can u pm me more info

tommy
Old 03-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
anthony, do you have a link to t&l as i want to see how far it is from me, i live in nj close to the george washington bridge/nyc...thanks
can u pm me more info

tommy
Tommy - I live in NW Bergen County, and I make it to T&L in about 90 minutes. You can either take 80 west just over the NJ/PA border and go south on Rt 33, or go Rt 80 west to Rt 287 south to Rt 78 west into PA, and then north on Rt 33. Easy ride either way, all highway. The track is 2 minutes off Rt 33.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antg
Hey everybody:

I just got in touch with my friend that is going to bring the machinery to help build the track. He will have the machinery there at the end of this month to level the land and to put in the base of our track in for me. Just to let you guys know that this track is defenitely going in. The size of the track as I measured out today will be right around 87 feet wide and 175 feet long. The track is going to have a 7-10 inch grade built into it towards route 33 for water draining purposes. After measuring out the track base it looks like it will be the perfect size, not small but at the same time it is not too big.

I am planning on having the machinery there at the end of March weather permitting of course. After the base is laid out for us I want it to settle for two weeks before I need people to show up and help putting in the layout onto the base. This way the track does not sink down after the track is built. The layout should be put on the track around the second week of april and the computer system will be put in and tested aswell this way everything is working before the first race of the year. Then the day before our first race I would like to test the computer system again and run a mach race on the computer system just to test everything so that on race day there will be no computer problems at all like have hurt our racing seasons in the past.

Well if there are any questions please feel free to ask. I hope to see everybody either helping us build this awsome track or at the track racing this year. I do appreciate everybody's help and input.

oh by the way I do want to hear what you guys think about racing on either saturday afternoons or sundays. I was thinking of racing on Saturdays starting around 2 pm so that people that have a little bit of a trip can make it there without having to leave before the sun comes up. Or racing on sundays starting around 11 am. What will work better for the racers and give us the best turnout possible. I cannot garuntee that we will be able to race on saturdays yet due to the onroad racing but I am talking to them if they would be able to race on sundays and give us saturdays if that would be a better day for us. I am not trying to step on their toes because they raced on saturdays last year. I would like to hear your input on this subject.

thank you
Anthony
No 'right' answer, Anthony. On Saturdays you compete with Family Hobbies and Blue Diamond. On Sundays you compete with everyone else: Checkerboard, DirtRunners, Hobby Hut, Barnstormers, Wolcott, etc. Tuesday afternoons are wide open....

Whatever day you choose, the market (racers) will ultimately choose, based on the track, program, race director, etc, etc. The key is not to base survival on getting a new slice of the same old pie, but to figure out how to cook a new pie....that is, grow the base of racers, not just attract the existing ones from other tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.