Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Matt04,
From all that I've read and the people that I've spoken to...don't charge on a fan. Charge the cells in the box that they came in or some type of battery storage tray. Try to get the cells to peak at arround 140 degrees for best race results. Try to run them asap after they peak, discharge to 5.40 for 6 cell pack and then put them away untill next race day. On race day tray the batteries to equalize them... I don't have a Pro-Match tray yet but I use my old Indi Octane II and leave them on the tray for about 5 minutes after the lights go out and then let them reach room temp. Now they are ready to be charged and raced.

PMRGirl,
Final leg of the W.C.I.C.S. was this weekend in Calgary. I finished 3rd in the A with the 1/10 pan and had the worst race of the year in 1/10 TC...last in the B main with 4 laps!! I did however have one of the best crashes of the weekend; caught it on vid...I'll try to post it soon...very ugly but good for a chuckle!!! lol I wish I could blame my car or my set-up or something but I just drove the TC like a dork!! For the series, I ended up tied for 1st place overall with the pan car but I am not sure as to where I ended up with the TC yet. The results should be posted soon and I'll let you know how I fared.

You said that someone contacted you and you were sending some prizes down to Calgary...I saw no Pro-Match goods handed out??? Did you send some stuff to someone?? If somebody is pulling a fast one on you let me know and I'll help you track them down.
Old 03-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for helping out jjmudd!! You da man!
Old 03-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

I'm thinking about the discharge trays. I know there are two different types of trays, is it just for polarity? Or is there more to it than that?
Old 03-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Neil, yes the trays are made to match the two differant battery configurations you can make so first look at your packs to see which tray you need or you will be forced to use the tray by flipping the pack upside down which can be a problem if you hard-wire your packs or resoldering your packs up to fit the tray which I do not recommend. Look at your packs from a top view and match them up to whichever tray has that configuration. I beleive the promatch site tells you this.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Oh I forgot to tell you the reason for this, it is becasue the tray has diodes on it and if you connect the pack up wrong you could snap them.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. Thank goodness for the closeups.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Eddie, still no arm... you got my address right?
Old 03-24-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 03-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Angry

Good Afternoon! For those of you that haven't called me or seen the web-site we are having issues! We are still unable to get our e-mail but can send it (GO FIGURE!) I have been able to retreive our orders from our server. We are working frantically to get orders out in a timely manner and to fix our service. If you have any questions or need to place an order please don't hesitate to call. If you have placed an order please be assured that we are working on them and will get them out soon.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

jjmudd~my bad! it wasn't for your series that we received the request it was for the off-road series. A big thanks for helping Matt out!

Neil~ if you need a tray let me know they are going fast!!

Matt~ it looks as if our guys were able to take care of you but if you need anything let me know.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PMRGirl
Neil~ if you need a tray let me know they are going fast!!
I'll call you, good luck on the server thing. I hear they get very upset if you don't tip them.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

See, I knew as soon as I posted something about our server not working they would fix it. I just wish I would have posted it 2 days ago We are back in business
Old 03-24-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Ok guys the 5th Annual A-Train Offroad Challenge has a date(May 15th)! This race has been the the Rocket City Challenge for last 4yrs but since it isn't in Huntsville,AL aka The Rocket City... we changed the name. This year it will be in Cullman,Al. Go here for the entry form.

www.oakmtnhobbies.com/5thannual_aoc.pdf
Old 03-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just recieved my two packs (1.15's) today that i ordered on sunday. I am very pleased with the numbers i am seeing, one pack had about 3800 mah, and the other 3650 mah. Both packs peaked at about 9.00 v.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Arrow

rcguy~ glad to hear you received them and that you are pleased

promatchrcr~ you better race that off-road race as a practice for your big race against Jeff. (let me know what you need for your package)
Old 03-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Hehe...you know the only thing I got to run on dirt is a Mini-T!! SO I will run that,LOL

I will probably call you Monday and get with you on what I need. Thanks! Em says hi also!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.