Old 07-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by R3VoLuTiOn
there we go, its skill that matters
Old 07-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Cable Polarity Question

Guys ,sorry for the question but I am really stumbled by this one, I have been always charging my M8 controller battery with the M8 original charger and few days ago that stupid charger gave up on me. That should be easy since I have multi battery charger and just cut the wire connector and connect it to the charger. However to my surprise, I realize that the wire is black and black with white lining which does not correspond with standard of red and black. I could not measure the "damn thing either " as the original charger is dead. Anyone know polarity of this cable ? I presume black should be comm and black with white lining should be +, errrrr but then again , who knows.... Guys please help
Old 07-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
i put a cheap engine (os tr 3port) on my 710 and won a few races,beating guys using x-12's and jp's.
damn you must have tons of trophies you must also never hit nothing your just a bad ass driver congrats
Old 07-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rcjayy
Guys I need help I got the 710 over the winter put it all together and know Im just getting around to racing this sumer, but first I have to break in the engine, I have a ns12s5 the compression is so great I cant even get it started even with loosening the glow plug, can someone help? any suggestions.
New engine need to be started using a hand held one. The starters box ones wont have enough juice to start it up. The hand held ones will still make the piston get stuck so you will need to turn and unloosen the flywheel everytime it gets stuck. I never tried using a hair dryer so I cant comment on that. You need to know how to use the hand held starters because if dont know how to crank it up your hands will get tired real soon and it will drain you.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Cable Polarity Question

Originally posted by khyber
Anyone know polarity of this cable ? I presume black should be comm and black with white lining should be +, errrrr but then again , who knows.... Guys please help
If I had a doubt like that, I'll just connect my charger (KO BX213) to the wires which is connected to the Tx pack. If the KO charger shows zero volts, then it's reversed. If it shows some voltage, then you're on the correct polarity. I think if your charger is a decent one, it should be able to detect the reverse polarity.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rcjayy
Guys I need help I got the 710 over the winter put it all together and know Im just getting around to racing this sumer, but first I have to break in the engine, I have a ns12s5 the compression is so great I cant even get it started even with loosening the glow plug, can someone help? any suggestions.
Take out the engine internals and lube it with any after run oil. Not too much. Put it back in assembled. If you have a handheld heater, use it to preheat the engine crankcase. If not, just leave the plug out and try to crank the engine WITHOUT the plug for a few rounds. Put the plug in and give it a go.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Prophet

hey guys... i may be buying a used 710 roller with pipe and tires from a local guy, it comes with 3 rx 700mah packs and thats about it. how much do u think i should be paying for it?
No idea but I would take Markp27's advise.

also, i have no experience with nitro onroad, other than breaking in my friends .15, and ill need advice from you guys. what engine should i get for the 710? im thinking of something cheap, and quite fast, around the $150 usd mark. Also what starter box do you guys recommend for this car.
Engine? Try OS. Easy to tune and if you're running on a smallish track, that's a very good engine.

As for starter box, anyone will do. Of course the Serpent one (1400G) is light, compact and small. A little expensive though but the mountings are perfect.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
It really depends upon its condition - for a good used 710, I would work on at most a 66% cost of new. Make sure the chassis is straight and the shocks are working ok - also no parts like shock towers are broken. If this is the case, then it could get expensive.
Don't forget the bearings !

Difficult to check them unless you take out each dogbone and spin the wheels by themselves... They should rotate smooth.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

As a beginner in Nitro it is very easy to ruin a good motor - ruin a cheap one instead use it to learn with
Old 07-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New body 170023, comments?

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Don't tell Mark to do it ... YOU come over and join us man! Then you can SHOW Mark how to kick my ass.
Not possible for me to do the tour. My KLM pilot is nowhere to be found picking me up from KLIA.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New body 170023, comments?

.... what? where? where's those glasses!
Glasses? Microscope.

KHM? Nah ... Mark Green already said no five times!
KHM crankshaft is already out !
Old 07-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New body 170023, comments?

D, how many times do I have to tell you: when you tell me something which Sow shouldn't see, write it in German

Sorry, Babelfish was down at that time.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Craig1
After they cancelled the worlds I rebuilt it as a 710 with some changes to what I had put into the Mirage.
Ah... The Mirage builder himself.

Originally posted by Craig1
I probably should have run it as a standard 710 to tell the difference but it's good to have something different.
If would be good to see the difference in handling (stock form versus Mirage).
Old 07-05-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

he said that he only used it to break in his ns12 engine, and is in mint condition. it comes with a set of gq tires and 3 rx packs, and a pipe, i offered $350 cdn which is roughly $256usd and hes willing to let it go, but i am pending on a deal for an rtr team tc3 with graphite and threaded shocks and starter box and jr xr2 radio... so i am having a dilemma.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Prophet

he said that he only used it to break in his ns12 engine, and is in mint condition. it comes with a set of gq tires and 3 rx packs, and a pipe, i offered $350 cdn which is roughly $256usd and hes willing to let it go
If indeed basing on what he says is the truth, then I would get it since stuff like a pipe and Rx packs are thrown in. But that's just me.

but i am pending on a deal for an rtr team tc3 with graphite and threaded shocks and starter box and jr xr2 radio... so i am having a dilemma.
Ummm, an RTR NTC3 and a Serpent 710 are two different beast !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.